Foxbat and...

quozaxx

I am considering including Foxbat on my next adventure. But I'd like to pair him up with someone.

But who in the current 5th Edition would pair up with him?

And why?

Basically, I'm considering on having him stealing a private jet, so he can use it as a hostage against it's owner - no one will be in the jet, he's just stealing it. -

It's all part of his "master plan". He just hasn't figured out what the next step of that plan is - yet.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Foxbat and...

Captain Chronos. That will throw your players for a loop.

Who needs reasoning? :D

Well, yeah, that one works. But it's almost like cheating, in that it's never a wrong answer.

Otherwise, not sure. Maybe GRAB is in it for a bunch of money and something amusing to do?

CLOWN is the only group looney enough to want to work with Foxbat...

Well, there's also Avant Guard, from Villains, Vandals, And Vermin; he's pretty much a "group" by himself. His motivations are inscrutable, and his attitudes and actions are at least as looney as Foxbat's.

Whoever you partner Foxbat with has to be basically comical and mostly harmless -- no killers or masterminds. Two more possibilities from Conquerors, Killers, And Crooks would be Zigzag and Bulldozer. They're both mercenary, Zigzag is goofy enough to enjoy Foxbat's antics, and Bulldozer is dumb enough to be impressed by Foxbat's "master plan."

did any big scary villains in your game receive a major head injury in there last fight with the heroes? wouldn't this be a perfect time for them to turn up in a new version of there costume bearing Foxbat's colours with a completely altered more silly personality now totally within the thrall of Foxbat.

Well, Conquerors, Killers & Crooks (pg. 94) describes a possible team-up between Foxbat and Hypnos, so there's a possibility.

I could see a "team-up" between Foxbat and GRAB where Hummingbird lays a Mind Control whammy on Foxbat to have him commit a crime to distract the heroes while the other GRABers go after the real target.

Utility could do the same, but rather than mind-controlling Foxbat, he could promise to supply him with all sorts of amazing new gadgets--a promise he may not intend to keep.

Mirage could secretly back Foxbat's capers, and have herself a good time while the heroes drive themselves crazy wondering how he became so "powerful."

Devastator and Pulsar from the Champions book would make good temporary allies, as would Armadillo and Zigzag (as mentioned by Lord Liaden) from CK&K. Lazer could also work with him--Foxbat offers him a huge sum of money to help with a crime, and as it turns out, he can't pay.

Mayhem and madness ensue as Foxbat fights for his life and loves it.

Nebula (CK&K, pg. 184) could send Foxbat to Duress, only to turn up on Earth a few days later. Both the player-heroes and Nebula drive themselves crazy wondering--how the heck did he escape? How the heck did he escape? HOW THE @&%!)#${@ HECK DID HE ESCAPE?!?!?

From Villains, Vandals & Vermin he could take on as partners Arachne (pg. 54), Buzzsaw (pg. 64), Exo (pg. 72) Lash (pg. 88), and Mantisman (pg. 94). He could also geek out over the Brain Trust (pg. 16)--"Wow! You're a brain floating in a jar! A brain floating in a jar! This is beyond awesome! It really is!"

Hope that helps.

Masquerade.

That's another twist. This time, Masquerade appears like Foxbat instead of Foxbat copying someone else. It might be strange for the players when one Foxbat is speed 5, the other speed 4, but the Speed 4 just might be the better combatant. Well, maybe.

Perhaps Masquerade thinks Foxbat is enlightened and is copying his image. Of course, what happens when one Foxbat says to a hero, "Hey, buddy, I've got a fan club follower. How about you?" and then the other Foxbat throws some sharp object (RKA) at the hero?

did any big scary villains in your game receive a major head injury in there last fight with the heroes? wouldn't this be a perfect time for them to turn up in a new version of there costume bearing Foxbat's colours with a completely altered more silly personality now totally within the thrall of Foxbat.

"Kneel before the glory of Black Foxbaladin!"

I'd have to team him up with Pulsar & Leroy..err Exo. I my old campagin Foxbat had a team straight out of the Champions comic(Leroy the Exo-skeleton Man & Slyvia the vampire) plus I added Pulsar.Best scene was one of the players was playing an UNTIL agent & was the only one standing against Foxbat & Co..All his equipment was gone & all he had was a swiss army knife,He decided to charge them in hopes of getting them flee.He held up his swiss army knife & charged screaming at the top of his lungs.Leroy & Pulsar freeked thinking he had a special weapon.Foxbat ponged him.Leroy & Pulsar had to go through the rest of the game being ragged on by Foxbat.Agent Montana became very well respected by both the villians & heroes.

Duh, just thought of one I'm actually using now.

Foxbatboy and Foxbatgirl (both are 150pt characters from Champions Battlegrounds). Surprisingly, these three are in Turn 2 of a fight with two 360+ heroes. Of course, part of that may be that the heroes just keep trying to disarm over and over, but still....

you really can have a lot of fun with brain damaged serious villains

how about gravitar is accidentally exposed to a potent love potion and falls for the first man she sees which just happens to be foxbat now shes following him around like a love sick school girl calling him her little foxy woxums and savagely dealing out pain to anyone who would threaten her beloved.

Foxbat gets his hands on the Foxbat Crown. It's made of brown construction paper and mystic characters sense that there is absolutely no arcane energy that flows from it.

So why are Dark Seraph and company running around with Freddy? Is this the Master Plan?

Foxbat Boy and Foxbat Girl can be scary for those that take code vs. killing seriously and have any vulnerabilities. My brick was flanked by a mentalist and both bat and girl. I used very much decreased attacks because I was afraid of crushing someone. It turned out that Foxbat Boy had a continuous, armor pircing attack that I had a x2 vulnerability to and that my mental defense wasn't quite suficient.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. ;)

Pulsar, Utility, and Masquerade have just been put in jail. And I don't have Villains, Vandals, and Vermin.

My top 4 are: Zigzag, Bulldozer, Mirage, and Armadillo...

Now how did all these crazy characters get together?...

Thanks again for your input.

Foxbat Boy and Foxbat Girl can be scary for those that take code vs. killing seriously and have any vulnerabilities. My brick was flanked by a mentalist and both bat and girl. I used very much decreased attacks because I was afraid of crushing someone. It turned out that Foxbat Boy had a continuous' date=' armor pircing attack that I had a x2 vulnerability to and that my mental defense wasn't quite suficient.[/quote']As an FYI regarding the official write-ups of Foxbatboy and Foxbatgirl, neither one has a Continuous attack; however, they do each have four various SFX attacks, with one shot for each and those are all Armor Piercing.