Foxbat and...

quozaxx

Re: Foxbat and...

I actually had made some characters that were part of "Foxbat's Gang" ... Cub, Foxy I and Foxy II. Cub was a Foxbat hero worshipper, and the Foxies were women henchmen in the vein of Harley Quinn (and each worked with Foxbat at seperate times).

But then my Foxbat's a bit different then the goofball ;)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Major Tom

Lady Blue gets my vote as a prospective partner for Foxbat. Between her

Robin Hood-esque tendencies and his unbridled looniness, there'd be some

seroius mojo in that partnership.

Major Tom :eg:

As an FYI regarding the official write-ups of Foxbatboy and Foxbatgirl' date=' neither one has a [i']Continuous[/i] attack; however, they do each have four various SFX attacks, with one shot for each and those are all Armor Piercing.

&*%@, I knew my GM was playing arround with the villians a little, but not how much. The mentalist was Hummingbird, who gained at least a 10d6 ego attack and Foxbat boy's magnetic attack (which he used twice) was made continuous and armor piercing. No wonder I had trouble against normally weak foes.

There's also Batfox, courtesy of the humble heroic Hermit.

I ran a series of adventures where Foxbat and Exoskeleton Man recruited three other villains to form the Foxbat Five (like the Fantastic Four, but even better, 'cuz there's five of 'em, see?). It started with Foxbat, Exo-Man, Harmonious Fist, Dot (originally from CLOWN, but heavily redrawn) and the Amazing Static Man (stolen... I mean adapted from another game system). Over the years, the first four have stayed constant (though Harmonious Fist got a complete redraw thanks to another GM's incredible idea), but the fifth slot has changed three or four times. The current fifth member is Garble, a pseudo-mentalist who speaks in gibberish that only Foxbat can understand.

I am considering including Foxbat on my next adventure. But I'd like to pair him up with someone.

But who in the current 5th Edition would pair up with him?

And why?

Basically, I'm considering on having him stealing a private jet, so he can use it as a hostage against it's owner - no one will be in the jet, he's just stealing it. -

It's all part of his "master plan". He just hasn't figured out what the next step of that plan is - yet.

If you can manage it without your player(s) trying to beat the snot out of Foxbat, have him team up with a PC! Foxbat can advocate for friendship and understanding "I'm not wanted, I'm on parole!" (OK, so it's probation, but why should that really matter amongst friends?) Maybe even Foxbat and "friend(s)" can make the news. Then, when Foxbat steals the private jet, the media's eyes turn towards the PCs.

(I think Foxbatboy and Foxbatgirl from Champions Battlegrounds would be good. They aren't powerful, but their AoE AP attacks should hit as long as the two last. I used those three against two PCs and the fight went two full turns! It could have gone longer, but I didn't feel that would be much fun.)

• 9 months later...

I know this thread is out of date.

But I had to share :)

I ran an adventure with the "Foxbat Family"

It consisted of:

Foxbat

Foxbatgirl

Foxbatboy

Uncle Foxbat (Really named Merv, he was Foxbat's sleazy lawyer/agent, but was convinced to dress up)

and Foxbathound (with a collar that shot ping pong balls).

The main combat took place on an oversize ping pong table, designed with reflection so even if they missed they might hit you because the table would reflect it at you :eg:

When I saw the title, I immediately flashed back to "Foxbat and Fandom" from the old AC.

Bu you don't want to team Foxbat up with someone who's too much like him; you need someone whose personality will contrast with him enough to make it interesting. It's the first rule of buddy movies: the buddies don't mirror each other, they compliment each other. Would Harley Quinn look good teaming with a femme fatale feminist villainess who likes plants? You bet she would!

So let's see.... Gravitar lost a bet to Viperia, and that bet was... loser dates Foxbat! So what would *that* night on the town look like?

It would be funny if he tried to steal Wraith's transport box

since it is just that a box Wraith is the power supply for it

I could see Foxbat get in it and sits in the command seat and notices that it has no controls(let alone any way to see out of it Wraith can see through it with no problem)

except a secure comm system

the command seat is part of the box and is sized for someone who is 5'5" and it does not adjust

the seat while cushioned look more like recliner that was to restrain bricks of great strength

Wraith has to use her desolid to get into and out of the command chair

there is only 1 other on the team that could pick it up and she does not fly or t-port

Foxbatmite and Uncle Foxbat. (I'm imaging the "fraud" angle for Uncle Foxbat vice Uncle Marvel as him not wanting to be a supervillain at all. So you've got Foxbatmite urging Foxbat on to his destiny, Uncle Foxbat trying to get him to give it all up, ("Freddy, your comic collection needs you"), and Foxbat steering the middle course: onwards to rescuing all the contestants of I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!

When I read the thread title I think "Foxbat and Friends." It should be a rotating guest list' date=' like the old [i']Marvel Team-Up [/i]or Brave and the Bold. :bounce:

Either that or a talk show. Tonight on Foxbat and Friends, President Barack Obama.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand the buddy movies and all...

but I've always had a hankering to run him partnered up with Yo-Yo from Gold Rush Games' Heroic Adventures #1 (Adventure: Throwing Stars and Bars).

Although I could never figure out a good name for him, I always figured those 2 would be merged in the Amalgam Hero Games-Goldrush Games thread that was running around a few years back.:)