Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

Has anyone else tried buffalo meat? It's actually pretty good. I've had a few burgers and a steak (for lunch today) made from buffalo meat. I wonder how it tastes on a pizza.

Can't help you regarding the pizza, but I buy ground bison meat as a preference for cooking hamburgers and chopped steak. It tastes better than regular beef to me, in addition to being über-healthy. And the best steak I ever had was buffalo meat (at The Colored Stone in Toronto).

2817805_f520.jpg

Habanero-tan.jpg

To better illustrate, a link at Tv Tropes for Blazing Inferno Hellfire Sauve, with a truly awe-inspiring (and terror inducing) Real Life section: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlazingInfernoHellfireSauce

Annnnd a very NSFW but quite funny account of what it's like to eat food made with the Naga Jolokia pepper (which is apparently used in Bangladesh as elephant repellent): http://www.ubersite.com/m/98211

To better illustrate' date=' a link at Tv Tropes for Blazing Inferno Hellfire Sauve, with a truly awe-inspiring (and terror inducing) Real Life section: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlazingInfernoHellfireSauce[/quote']

*snickers* "ccording to Jasper Carrott, the phaal is so called because the usual response after eating it is "FFFFFFFFFFFFFF...I'll be all right...".

So we also ended up going to the Iron Barley this weekend, mainly because I was curious after seeing it on both Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives and Man vs. Food.

And I'm not sure if I liked it.

Pros: Very friendly & knowledgeable service, big portions. $12.95 for the "Pruner" sized oak roasted pork is worth every penny.

Cons: It's a good thing the staff is knowledgeable as the menu doesn't really describe what's being offered. Some of the dishes don't seem to be worth the cost. I got the Catalan fish stew Zarzeula. That cost $20.95. It was good, spicy & very flavorful, but it was a bit skimpy on seafood. (3 mussels, 2 clams, 2 shrimps and a sprinkle of swordfish)

My breakfast today consisted of beans' date=' tomatoes, ham, fried bread, and tea.[/quote']

What are you, English? That sounds like an English breakfast I had once in London. They called it a "fry up."

And appparently it's really bad for you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1049142/Traditional-English-fry-raise-risk-bowel-cancer-63-cent.html

Or remote control buttons. Or AV equipment buttons. Heck, she's managed to lock her car door on more than one occasion. :)

It is odd. There are some buttons that she knows that she isn't supposed to touch. One of those is the power button for the receiver in our living room setup. Every once and a while (and it has been at least a month since the last time, so hopefully she has gotten over it) she gets a compulsion to press it. She walks over to it with an look that makes it obvious that she knows she is about to get in trouble, but she can't seem to help herself. It isn't even the "hahaha, I'm having fun 'cause I know you'll chase me, this is a fun game" look. It is the "I know you're going to put me in my pack-and-play if I press it, and I don't want to go in there, but I just HAVE to press it" look. Then she'll press the button and almost immediately at least start sniffling if not actually crying.

For the most part she is a really bright little girl. And the fact that it has been a while since she's done it lets me hope that she has gotten over at least this particular issue. Of course there are plenty of others. :)

Cannot... resist... bad... pun...

She's your kid. She's gonna spend the rest of her life pushing your buttons.

What are you, English? That sounds like an English breakfast I had once in London. They called it a "fry up."

And appparently it's really bad for you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1049142/Traditional-English-fry-raise-risk-bowel-cancer-63-cent.html

Actually, I have some English ancestry. Yes, I knew it was an English breakfast. No, I don't eat like that all the time. I was just a bit curious about it and decided to try it out.

Thanks for posting the link, though. I'll remember to keep that type of breakfast to a minimum.

Actually, I have some English ancestry. Yes, I knew it was an English breakfast. No, I don't eat like that all the time. I was just a bit curious about it and decided to try it out.

Thanks for posting the link, though. I'll remember to keep that type of breakfast to a minimum.

Oh, I wasn't trying to talk you out of anything. I was just thinking how good it looked and realized how I could easily and happily eat myself into an early grave.

Oh' date=' I wasn't trying to talk you out of anything. I was just thinking how good it looked and realized how I could easily and happily eat myself into an early grave.[/quote']

I spent a semester in Wales, and my favorite breakfast (that I'd usually have no more than once a week) consisted of a plate of fries (chips), with a couple rashers of back bacon, then covered in baked beans. Sometimes with a fried egg, or some cheese shredded over top. Yum!