Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

I was at a conference yesterday, and a bunch of us were having lunch. One guy said he came up with an idea to stuff a snickers bar inside of a Twinkie, cover the whole thing with funnel cake batter, and then deep fry it. The whole table began talking about variations on this idea, and how he should go about doing it. Some of the ideas:

"Use a Twix instead of a Snickers -- they're thinner and will fit in the Twinkie better!"

"Yeah, or a Tootsie Roll!"

"Slice the Twinkie down the middle like you're making a sandwich, and put the candy bar inside. Then pin it together with toothpicks."

"Better yet, tie it together with licorice!"

"No, better still, tie it together with bacon!"

"Yeah, but bacon will increase your cooking time. You don't want to scortch the Twinkie!"

And so on. It totally reminded me of this thread. ;)

I was at a conference yesterday, and a bunch of us were having lunch. One guy said he came up with an idea to stuff a snickers bar inside of a Twinkie, cover the whole thing with funnel cake batter, and then deep fry it. The whole table began talking about variations on this idea, and how he should go about doing it. Some of the ideas:

"Use a Twix instead of a Snickers -- they're thinner and will fit in the Twinkie better!"

"Yeah, or a Tootsie Roll!"

"Slice the Twinkie down the middle like you're making a sandwich, and put the candy bar inside. Then pin it together with toothpicks."

"Yeah, but bacon will increase your cooking time. You don't want to scortch the Twinkie!"

And so on. It totally reminded me of this thread. ;)

Take the licorice out and pump in strawberry or raspberry jam instead. :)

Pre-cook the bacon until it's almost done, but still wobbly enough to wrap around the Twinkie.

I was at a conference yesterday' date=' and a bunch of us were having lunch. One guy said he came up with an idea to stuff a snickers bar inside of a Twinkie, cover the whole thing with funnel cake batter, and then deep fry it.[/quote']

My wife and I came up with our own spin on this - sliced sponge cake, held together with dark chocolate ganache and caramel (and peanuts), dipped in funnel cake batter, deep fried, then dusted with sugar and drizzled with chocolate and/or caramel sauce.

Heh...one of my friends posted on Facebook that for April Fools' Day, she made meatloaf muffins and "frosted" them with mashed potatoes dyed pink...even using a frosting bag for the proper look. She said her daughter cried when she realized they weren't actually having cupcakes for dinner...lol...

(The daughter had the better of it, though...she spread glitter all around the house to trick daddy into thinking there was a fairy in the house...)

(spoilered for size)

DSC03460.jpg

From one of the food blogs I frequent... :)

"They carved out a slice of lime and created a faux tequila shot. What you see is actually a mixture of cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, agave syrup and salt. It was turned into a jelly using agar agar! Since it was a "shot" I decided to eat the entire jelly like portion all at once. The first flavor to really hit me was the lime and the salt. It was a very fresh taste that quickly was followed by a good amount of heat from the jalapeno."

The muffin man is seated at the table in the laboratory of the utility muffin

Research kitchen... reaching for an oversized chrome spoon he gathers an

Intimate quantity of dried muffin remnants and brushing his scapular aside

Proceeds to dump these inside of his shirt...

He turns to us and speaks:

Some people like cupcakes better. I for one care less for them!

Some people... some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say

There is not nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of gods great

Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!

Link

• 2 weeks later...