And we're back. V&V to HERO conversion site back up, phase one mostly done.

proditor

http://www.proditorspad.com

Drop by and take a look. There are over 250 sheets up currently, with more to come. It's still very much in the testing phase, so only the stuff listed below is live, and even it's not fully complete yet. Feel free to PM me with anything you see that's broken or not right, as well as any suggestions you might have in general.

Advertisements

Assassin

Battle above the Earth

The Crime Academy

Crisis at Crusader Citadel

The Dawn of DNA

Death Duel with the Destroyers

F.O.R.C.E.

From the Deeps of Space

Honor (Enter the Dragon's Claw)

The Island of Doctor Apocalypse

Most Wanted Volume 1

Most Wanted Volume 3

Opponents Unlimited

Organized Crimes

Pentacle Plot

Pre-Emptive Strike

Search for the Sensei

Terror by Night

This Empress Earth

To Tackle the T.O.T.E.M.

Trouble for HAVOC

To forestall the question, no the HDC links are not ready yet, and the main one will probably take a really long time before its ready as that would mean I converted everything.

The main issue is whether or not to include the art honestly, I'm still pondering that one. It's not like it's hard to get, I'm just not sure if I should supply it basically.

Re: And we're back. V&V to HERO conversion site back up, phase one mostly done.

http://www.proditorspad.com

Drop by and take a look. There are over 250 sheets up currently, with more to come. It's still very much in the testing phase, so only the stuff listed below is live, and even it's not fully complete yet. Feel free to PM me with anything you see that's broken or not right, as well as any suggestions you might have in general.

Advertisements

Assassin

Battle above the Earth

The Crime Academy

Crisis at Crusader Citadel

The Dawn of DNA

Death Duel with the Destroyers

F.O.R.C.E.

From the Deeps of Space

Honor (Enter the Dragon's Claw)

The Island of Doctor Apocalypse

Most Wanted Volume 1

Most Wanted Volume 3

Opponents Unlimited

Organized Crimes

Pentacle Plot

Pre-Emptive Strike

Search for the Sensei

Terror by Night

This Empress Earth

To Tackle the T.O.T.E.M.

Trouble for HAVOC

To forestall the question, no the HDC links are not ready yet, and the main one will probably take a really long time before its ready as that would mean I converted everything.

The main issue is whether or not to include the art honestly, I'm still pondering that one. It's not like it's hard to get, I'm just not sure if I should supply it basically.

Props to you for doing this. Always thought about converting some of the characters from the few V and V modules I have, but you've done a far more thorough job than I think I ever could. Only thing I hate about the conversion rules I've seen is that most characters end up with really low DEX...and not enough levels to compensate, but generally...it works well.

Rob

I got some broken links for the Alone in the Night section; but the sight looks Awesome.

That's probably one of the modules that's still under construction...lemme check...

Yeah, it just needs art so theoretically, it should be along soon(ish).

Thanks Chad, added to the growing list. :D

They look good. I liked V&V until I found Champions and pretty much played that. Still, I had alot of fun with it. One little thing is that I would have liked to have seen some background material on them. This is actually what I usually look at first when I see a character sheet anyway.

I would have liked to have seen some background material on them. This is actually what I usually look at first when I see a character sheet anyway.

I only think he can do the stats, cause the stories are copyrighted to the old V&V publisher...

Repped. I used to play V&V, love the site. I was a little surprised at some of the power levels, even the Floop Brothers were over 350 points. I don't have The Island of Doctor Apocalypse anymore so that was especially welcome.

Any chance you'll be able to do DNAgents or T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents, or are they too copy-righty?

Hey' date=' glad to see youre using my character sheet design. How's it working out for you so far?[/quote']

Awesomely. Which reminds me, could you shoot me a PM so I can properly credit you for the layout? Or do you just want it to be Killer shrike?

I only think he can do the stats' date=' cause the stories are copyrighted to the old V&V publisher... [/quote']

Pretty much yeah.

Any chance you'll be able to do DNAgents or T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents' date=' or are they too copy-righty? [/quote']

Too copy-righty. I was able to get a "Sure, go for it, just throw the right names around" from Jeff Dee way back for the first version of the page, but that was more for the art, and the stats since the interpertation is kinda fluid. Plus he asked me to put up links to the pdf products, which I was happy to do.

did you ever manage to locate a copy of the old judges guild module "Break in at 3 kilometer island"

if not I know where to borrow a copy and see about converting it... if its something that would require seperate permisison, I can contact Dave Sering or maybe mike bledsaw about it

I was a big fan of your site, and I'm glad to see it coming back up.

Also, I just bought every issue of Comico's Elementals book for like $20.00. I am going to read them all this weekend. I remember loving that stuff when it first came out. Bill Willingham was the artist for the series and also a lot of V&V stuff. Also, some of the villains from the V&V modules appeared in the books. Ah, nostalgia.

Also, I just bought every issue of Comico's Elementals book for like $20.00. I am going to read them all this weekend. I remember loving that stuff when it first came out. Bill Willingham was the artist for the series and also a lot of V&V stuff. Also, some of the villains from the V&V modules appeared in the books. Ah, nostalgia.

$20! LG, that's an awesome find! :)

Awesomely. Which reminds me, could you shoot me a PM so I can properly credit you for the layout? Or do you just want it to be Killer shrike?

Killer Shrike is fine; but no need to make a big deal out it. I notice you credit some folks on the high level page at the bottom of the frame. A mention in there somewhere would be nice but not essential. The templates are provided for people to use without strings, I'm just glad when I see people getting some use out of them ;)

By the way, if you arent going to put the backgrounds on the characters due to cr concerns, I could tweak that export format to drop the bio block entirely. We could also add in the cr / legal disclaimer at the bottom of the sheet if you like. Let me know if you're interested in pursuing that.

• 3 months later...
Guest Major Tom

Proditor: This is some great stuff so far. I do have a question, though: how

soon will it be before the conversions of the Super-Crooks and Criminals

characters appear on your website?

Killer Shrike: Except for a minor glitch in the layout, your character sheet

design is all right. The only problem with it is that the side of the sheet

with the artwork gets chopped off a bit when it's printed out (at least a quarter of an inch, maybe more), which winds up wiping out the DCV

value and some of the other text further on down the sheet.

Major Tom :cool:

When I got a copy of Opponents Unlimited many, many years ago, one of the things that occurred to me as I was going through it was that many of the characters' names--and one or two of the backgrounds--were, to put it mildly, ridiculous. To my mind these were not the sort of malefic sobriquets that would strike terror into the hearts of the innocent and strengthen the resolve of the heroes that these monsters must be opposed and defeated. Mostly I figured they would elicit sneers of boredom from the players, if not outright laughter.

Maybe I didn't get the joke--if there was one. Maybe I expected too much after Death Duel With The Destroyers and The Island Of Doctor Apocalypse. I just knew that if I were a villain, you couldn't pay me to call myself something as stupid-sounding as Captain Floop. So I went through the book and changed those names and other aspects of the characters that I believed needed to be changed. I present them here to do with as you see fit. If a character isn't mentioned, it means I didn't change him any--The Tarot Masters, for example, were left entirely alone, as I saw no need to change them.

I mean no disrespect to Stefan Jones (I really liked From The Deeps Of Space, by the way) or to offend anyone else who happens to like the original names--perhaps you could explain why a little person with illusion-casting powers should be named after a gazelle. I just think the changes make it easier to take the characters more seriously.

And now, without further ado, here is what I changed--

Prankster became Prankmaster, if only because it sounded stronger and not so much like the Superman villain. For the Champions version I would add the Perk Filthy Rich, as I figure one of the things he does with that wand is create massive piles of cash on a regular basis.

Ben Jahmoka became "Big" Ben Jahmoka, and rather than trafficking in illegal organs disguised as an ice cream vendor, he was a cult-deprogrammer who kidnapped people from cults and "reprogrammed" them with a hypnotic-control device--one of the functions of the utility belt that was originally his coin changer. Often his "de-brainwashing" would leave the subjects worse off than they were before--not that it mattered to him; all he cared about was money, and he would often charge for his services more than the cult members' families could afford--putting the heroes in quite the ethical dilemma if they happened to help with the abduction.

Ronky became Ronson, and his mixmatic became a ray gun. No other changes.

The Hoopsnake became Serpentus, The Slayer Supreme. His ability to roll along the ground was replaced with a 20" Speed Bonus. No other changes.

The Floop Brothers were renamed The Scarsdale Brothers; their organization became SCAR, Inc. No changes to their tactics or modus operandi.

Captain Floop became Firepower; his flame pistol was upgraded from ten to twenty charges. No other changes.

Blastin' Butch became Blastmaster; he made his amulet into a belt buckle so he wouldn't lose it in a fight. No other changes.

Whippet became Graywolf; rather than being a greyhound dog from the waist down and wearing a dog-head mask, he became a wolf from the waist down, etc. No other changes.

Rocket Ma'am became Rocket Raider. No other changes.

V.I.L.E. and B.A.D. were combined into a single organization--The Vengeance Masters. Led by the mysterious Mr. V, they seek money and power for the purpose of acquiring even more money and power.

"Auntie" Phillicia Barton--No changes to her power set, but rather than looking like Aunt May with a solid granite block for a jaw, she is a thoroughly gorgeous and elegant woman in her fifties or sixties, or perhaps her seventies. Think Jane Seymour, or Julie Newmar, or Cristine Rose (Angela Petrelli on HEROES) or Joan Collins. (In HERO terms, increase her COM from 8 to 12, or even 16.) And she's never spent time in prison--rather, she uses her persuasion powers to great success as an attorney. Her trial record is unmatched by any other litigator, and her powers work just as well for her outside of court. The only person she's met that they haven't worked on is Mr. V--which may be why she finds herself drawn to him, no matter how dangerous he may be for her.

Deathkite became Deathhawk; he was upgraded to "competent" supervillain, and became Phillicia Barton's nephew rather than her son. (He's the only one who calls her "Auntie.") No other changes.

The Amazing Kudebuck became Khiam The Deceptor. In addition to his illusion abilities he also knows wrestling; he came to America after being kicked out of the monastery to which he belonged for using his powers for his own benefit.

The Cosmic Zoom became Doom-Maker; rather than an unidentifiable "something" he found at the bottom of the ocean, he found a suit of armor whose design was an unsettling blend of gothic and futurist elements. It is this armor and the sword that came with it that are the source of his powers. No other changes.

Zairobs became MindShock; rather than skin covered in psychedelic tattoos, he wears a space suit with a flip-up visor on the helmet, to attack he flips up the visor and the target sees something like the Medusan effect from the Star Trek episode "Is There In Truth No Beauty?" Same effect as what appears on the character sheet. No other changes.

Proditor Cappela became Captain Amazing. The idea was that immediately after receiving the suit he encountered Mr. V and offered his services to the Vengeance Masters. Mr. V gave him the new name and ordered him to act as a superhero, for the purposes of destroying the competition and gathering inside information on the law enforcement and superhero communities. (This could explain why he truly became a hero; after acting like one in real life for long enough, it stuck with him to the point where there was no other way he could be.) No other changes.

Boosterman became Marathon, The Maximum Man. No other changes, except you need to imagine that his costume has a big "M" on it rather than a big "B."

Also, in Crisis At Crusader Citadel, I changed the Mercury Mercenary's name to Major Mercury. I figured it sounded stronger than his original name, and after all--Rank has Its Privileges, and I figure he'd think he deserved them. No other changes.

Anyway--hope that helps.