WWYCD: Island Paradise

Hermit

Perhaps your character ends up parachuting off a vehicle, or maybe a super battle some how ends up dropping you one one, but either way, you end up an as yet uncharted island. This is a monumental discovery! No country seems to have claim over it.

It's gorgeous too, Hawaii like (though actually just a bit smaller than Guam), with fruits and coconuts to feast on, plentiful fish, and the most dangerous wild life seems to be an ornery wild pig/boar. There is a pool of fresh water. You're set to survive.

You also appear to be trapped. Your communicator (if a device) was destroyed in the crash/fight/teleportation accident. If you have the technological know how , you might be able to repair it.

You could always swim, but you're kind of lost. If you can fly, it might be easier, but eventually fatigue might set in so you better be able to swim or fly fast.

Long range teleporters with floating/fixed locations have it easier, as do mentalists who can contact their buds.

Even if you escape though, and you will, you're a hero, what the heck do you do with the island? What if international law in your universe says it now belongs to you if you make claim? Does your character do it? Does he plant a flag Eddie izzard style and take it for his own country? Do you build a base on it? Is it your fortress of solitude, but without the freezing temps?

Or do you just leave it be and hope ARGENT never finds it and makes a base out of it? :)

WWYCD?

Re: WWYCD: Island Paradise

Sir Johnstone claims it for Queen and country, then gets royal permission to keep it a secret while it serves as a private base for him and some of his more secretive contacts. Part of the need for secrecy would be keeping a minimal carbon footprint, and generally being good for the environment, so he'd have a few heroes/villains use their powers/high-tech/magic for things like transportation to and from the island.

My as-yet unnamed Iron-Man rippoff would build a high tech fortress about a mile under the island as a backup for his satellite home, then get it declared part of 'his' nation, like his satelite.

the most dangerous wild life seems to be an ornery wild pig/boar.

It's clearly been visited before.

It's highly unlikely not to have been previously claimed, but if by some chance it has slipped by, well, a new base is always welcome.

If all else fails, get the Atlanteans to claim it on your behalf. They like having places on the surface that don't give them grief.

Seriously. Have you tried being a mermaid in a world that expects you to wear a clam shell bikini?

The previous question was rhetorical. Please don't answer it. Especially if you have photos. I don't want to know.

Seriously. Have you tried being a mermaid in a world that expects you to wear a clam shell bikini?

Funny you should ask because...

The previous question was rhetorical. Please don't answer it. Especially if you have photos. I don't want to know.

Oh.

never mind then

An uncharted island? Far from prying eyes? That's easy:I'd spend points to make it a Base and go to every length necessary to keep it off the maps (I wouldn't want a bunch of idiot tourists dropping in on me).

Iron Maiden, Hell's Angel, Man-Ape, Black Mask, Black Knight, Outlander, et al--in short, all of my characters--would do likewise. A previously unknown tropical island with no prior claims to ownership? Damn right I stake my claim and/or keep it hidden (whichever seems most likely to work). No moral/legal/ethical problems here. It's MINE!

Volt - If really unclaimed and unkown would let the US government know about it and ask if he can use it as base. They'd probably allow it.

Olorin - The grand kingdom of Olorinia is born. :rolleyes: Actually, if small enough, he'd hide it magically (buy the points) and turn into into a base - or maybe his research center for really dangerous spells and/ or items.:eek:

Black Tiger - Would never believe it was not someone's base waiting to be reclaimed. He'd have it booby trapped and monitered for the return. Then he'd let the group know about it. Never the government. If the owner is a bad guy - boom! If 5 years went by without someone claiming it, he'd use it himself - but keep the explosives just in case.

Futurian - "Cool!" He'd spend a week there on vacation. Then go home. He'd be likely to forget where it is though, unless someone else finds him or he actually remembers to note where it is. If he remembers, he'd tell the rest of the group.

Leadman "Oh great. I'll never get off this. And no coffee. Gaaaaa!!!" Once off the island and home, he'd let the group and government know.

Badger- "Damn, I hate this tropical heat. (would then fly off, anyhoo he already has a cave base. in a much cooler climate. He no likey heat. Especially the humidity the tropics would bring.

Frosty Bob- Ok, the first thing I have to ask are there any primitive village inhabitants on the island. Second, are there any hot naked native chicks in that village. :sneaky: If the answer to the second is yes. He might stay for a long while. If the answer to number one is yes. (he'd prefer number one to be yes, regardless). He might become their "god-king". (hey, he is more of an anti-hero, anyway. ;) ). Did I ask about the hot naked native chicks , yet? Ok, anyhow. If the answer to these questions is no. He will get bored pretty quick. He is immortal though so maybe he can just walk off the island (like the skeleton pirates from Pirates of the Caribbean launched a sneak attack. :thumbup:)

Note: Speaking of POTC and rum. Will he have any access to anything needed to make his own alcohol? Cause with hot chicks and alcohol we might not see him for years.

Zero would find it highly suspicious that nobody has claimed it, when even small peaks of rock that never touch air are used as the grounds for territorial claims. Flying home wouldn't be that difficult, surely? just follow the contrails....

And if it doesn't show up on Google Earth, etc, then somebody is deliberately hiding it. Scan it for sentient minds, or living islands.

Vitus on the other hand.. somewhere where he can continue his magical researches without being interrupted every five minutes by some idiot continuum facing universal apocalypse and begging for his help? He'd set up home immediately and not leave a forwarding address.

Super Model - St. Croix and Martinique have beautiful beaches too, plus frozen drinks and cabana boys to bring them to her. She'd make her best guess as to the direction of the nearest landmass with an international airport, and start flying toward it at a steady maintainable pace.

Kurzhaan the Conqueror - a peaceful, quiet island paradise with no advertising billboards or people telling him he has to put on some clothes to go swimming at the beach? Assuming it's not temporarily visiting from another dimension or a fiendishly disguised Lovecraftean horror, he'd bum around and do the Robinson Crusoe bit for a few weeks. Eventually he'd get bored or lonely, work up a ritual to transport himself somewhere with good conversation and roulette tables, and forget all about the place.

Earth Girl - This kind of unspoiled wilderness is what she lives for. She'd probably stay a while to enjoy nature's beauty and replenish the various vines, grasses, and flowers that grow in her outermost layers. Then, she'd swim away through the ground to fight pollution and deforestation, never mentioning the location to another living soul.

Aside from the beastly tropical heat, Siberian Tigerwould love it and stick around for a while. With a 30 CON and 7 SPD, swimming home is an option; he'd just need plenty of water. Perhaps a raft and a lot of waterskins (made from the resident pig population?)...:D

Vigil would likely retire there... effective immediately. This 'the whole world hates supers, even the heroes' BS has gotten really old. :thumbdown

Amphibian: Would swim around until he finds the closest pod of whales or dolphins and ask them to pass the word to the Sea King of Atlantis to see if the Atlanteans want to claim it.

He'd love the place, and even though he's seen as a painfully honest "boy scout" this is one secret he'd probably keep from the media, the government, and maybe even his friends.

Quetzelcoat: Keeps a lot of secrets anyway and wouldn't tell anyone, although he's another one that would be very curious if it really didn't show up on "Google Earth" and so forth. He might conclude it's being hidden deliberately somehow and start trying to find out how and by who.

Stormwalker: Would Definitely lay claim to it. If those guys at Sealand can hang onto their little artificial island for decades, a demigod should be able to claim a desert isle and make it stick. Eventually though he'd probably also start to wonder why it's uncharted and unclaimed....and begin looking for Greeks in the mouth of this gift horse.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary would name it Elsi Isle