6th Edition Question: New Powers?

nexus

Re: 6th Edition Question: New Powers?

Regeneration is 2 points per 1 BODY per 1 Week, 4 points per 1 BODY per Day, ... 16 points per 1 BODY per Turn.

Can it only be purchased for 1 Body? I wouldn't think so but I wanted to be sure. I also imagine the Regrow Limbs and Ressurection options are still in place?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so what is the cost per DC negated

and from your discription of regen it is now built like FTL

so can you go above per turn?(18 pts per phase,20 pts per segment)

if that is the case you could have regen as a defense

Yes, I could have, but since they have new names, I treated it as, for example, removing Force Wall, and adding Barrier.

Damage Negation is bought as Physical or Energy and can be limited further by Limitations. Each "level" of Damage Negations removes a Damage Class from an attacking Power. So for example "Damage Negation (-6 DCs Physical), Only against Bullets" reduces a 2d6 + 1 RKA defined as a gun to a one-pip RKA.

Regeneration is 2 points per 1 BODY per 1 Week, 4 points per 1 BODY per Day, ... 16 points per 1 BODY per Turn.

so what is the cost per DC negated

and from your discription of regen it is now built like FTL

so can you go above per turn?(18 pts per phase,20 pts per segment)

if that is the case you could have regen as a defense

5 points per 1 DC Physical or 1 DC Energy. There is also an Adder called Reduced Negation that can be bought on Attacks that cancels Damage Negation (that is, 1 level of Red Neg cancels 1 level of Dam Neg).

Per Turn is the limit for Regeneration.

using the FTL model is kinda weird

any reason on why the cost increase over both the original version and the kludge of healing

speaking of which did that special rule for it stay in?

5 points per 1 DC Physical or 1 DC Energy. There is also an Adder called Reduced Negation that can be bought on Attacks that cancels Damage Negation (that is, 1 level of Red Neg cancels 1 level of Dam Neg).

seeing what Rod has written about Negation it looks a bit like piercing from Champions 3

but in this case there is a counter to it other than hardening

Does damage negation work vs AVAD attacks? If so' date=' I see it become a standard part of my builds for giant monsters and the like.[/quote']

I would presume its based on the SFX interaction of the AVAD and the defenses in question (much as NND/AVLD does in 5E)..

Yes, I could have, but since they have new names, I treated it as, for example, removing Force Wall, and adding Barrier.

Damage Negation is bought as Physical, Energy, or Mental and can be limited further by Limitations. Each "level" of Damage Negations removes a Damage Class from an attacking Power. So for example "Damage Negation (-6 DCs Physical), Only against Bullets" reduces a 2d6 + 1 RKA defined as a gun to a one-pip RKA.

Uh...not to sound stupid...but how would the BODY/week be even be remotely useful when you can already recover your REC score in BODY per month...?(For free no less.)

Uh...not to sound stupid...but how would the BODY/week be even be remotely useful when you can already recover your REC score in BODY per month...?(For free no less.)

It depends on how many body of regeneration you recover per time increment and what the campaign limits for characteristics are.

Doh..yes...I forgot about the stacking aspect of it...but even so...wouldn't see this used at less than the once /day level myself.

Well, like Vondy said, it would depend somewhat on style of play. A couple of extra Body per week might be worth a lot in, say, a Valdorian Age game, while not being so useful in the Atlantean Age or Champions.

There's lots of examples of characters in source material who recover fast but not instantly.

Damage Negation, huh? I'm not sure I like the complication of a defender's powers changing the amount of dice the attacker rolls. Well, we'll see. Might have to house rule it as a Standard Effect thing or something, though I suppose the only real difference between that and normal defenses might then be how it works against NND type stuff and all that. Hmm. Come to think of it, it'll be interesting to see how much this does differ from normal defenses. Enough to justify a new Power instead of an option for an existing one?

For those who already have the pdf' date=' I was wondering if you could indulge another question? Do the following powers: Energy Blast, Darkness, and Flash have the same name or have they been renamed? Thanks.[/quote']

Energy Blast is now named Tom.

Darkness is Dick.

Flash is now Harry.

:P

Actually, the only change is their names is that Energy Blast is now Blast.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I glad they removed the "Energy" from Energy Blast. However, I wish they changed the name of Darkness to something that is more generic. Darkness kinda implies sight-based. I kinda like the Mutants and Masterminds name for the same power: Obscure. I has a more sense-neutral ring to it.

For those who already have the pdf' date=' I was wondering if you could indulge another question? Do the following powers: Energy Blast, Darkness, and Flash have the same name or have they been renamed? Thanks.[/quote']

Energy Blast is now called "Blast"

Darkness has been changed to... Darkness

Flash has also been changed to .... Flash

Pretty much everything else has the same name

Oh the Skill Seduction is now Charm.

Enjoy

Most of my questions have been already answered, but I'm still wondering about two things:

How is Telekinesis structured? Still the old 3:2 cost?

And what about Complications? How are those working? What changes are we looking at there?

No changes to TK.

As for Complications, you need less, but otherwise they are pretty much the same. The only real change (besides the name changes) is that the die rolls for Hunted and DNPC have been replaced by a frequency. Oh, and Reputation has been renamed Negative Reputation. Similarly, the Perk Reputation has been renamed Positive Reputation.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I glad they removed the "Energy" from Energy Blast. However' date=' I wish they changed the name of Darkness to something that is more generic. Darkness kinda implies sight-based. I kinda like the Mutants and Masterminds name for the same power: Obscure. I has a more sense-neutral ring to it.[/quote']

You're probably right, but they didn't.

To be honest, the names of Powers have never bothered♦ me at all. They're just labels and you simply have to separate the game definition from the real world definition.