6th Edition Question: New Powers?

nexus

As I understand, a few individuals have had a chance to pick up 6th ed at Gencon and have net access. So to them a I pose a question and would be very grateful for an answer. Are there any totally new Powers (aside from those that have been spoiled) in the corebooks?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 6th Edition Question: New Powers?

New Powers:

Barrier -- expansion of the Force Wall power that can create real walls

Damage Negation -- reduces DCs of damage

Deflection -- lets you block ranged attacks at range

Reflection -- reflects attacks back at firer or other target

Regeneration -- recovers BODY faster - cost based on how often you regenerate a BODY point

Resistant Protection -- replaces Force Field and Armor

New Powers:

Regeneration -- recovers BODY faster - cost based on how often you regenerate a BODY point

Thanks, much obliged. :)

New Powers:

Well, really, that's two: Barrier and Damage Negation, and both were mentioned already. A lot of things are refurbished, in my opinion quite well, but none of these are "totally new" and not "spoiled", since they existed in prior editions. Barrier could also be argued to be Force Wall revamped, too, but it's so very different.

Or is that too picky? :D

damage negation is the only one listed here that looks new

I see regeneration made it back from being dropped from 5th with new toys possible

all the rest are tweaks of what was

not saying that those where bad ideas but from the looks of your list

there is only 1 new power

1 retuning power with tweaks and then tweaking of old powers

what are the costs of all the stats

I figure that

DEX

CON

BODY

EGO

would have changed to ,what I'd like to know?

OCV,DCV,MOCV,MDCV what are the costs of these?

New Powers:

too late

thought that of you looooooong ago before this this thread:thumbup:

Now I'm wondering how far I can take this without it getting weird.

That would have been post 3...:D

Sean 'Hepta-curious' Waters

damage negation is the only one listed here that looks new

I see regeneration made it back from being dropped from 5th with new toys possible

all the rest are tweaks of what was

not saying that those where bad ideas but from the looks of your list

there is only 1 new power

1 retuning power with tweaks and then tweaking of old powers

Well, to be fair, everything Rod mentioned works quite differently from how it has worked in Hero before, so he's not actually in error from that point of view. Deflection, for instance, makes you able to use Block at range, little like how it worked previously. Reflection is similar to its original (Champions II, I think) conception, though.

Edit: Which is to say, rj's response is probably exactly the kind of thing nexus was asking for.

Str 1, Dex 2, Con 1, Int 1, Ego 1, Pre 1

OCV 5, DCV 5, OMCV 3, DMCV 3, SPD 10

PD 1, ED 1, REC 1, End .2 (ie 5 End = 1pt), BODY 1, Stun 1

I think that the only reason that Dex is 2pts each is because it determines who goes first in a Segment.

With END being so cheap, many Characters that are using END Reserves can now afford to use normal end.

What I really want to know is the recommended point level for a "Standard Superhero game" ie base points and max Disads Also the same for the teir above Standard Superheros.

Tasha

thanks Tasha

with Dex now 2 did they remove lightning reflexes or tweak it down as dex that has no skill roll

end reserve is still handy as it does not get zeroed if you get knocked out unless that changed

Str 1, Dex 2, Con 1, Int 1, Ego 1, Pre 1

OCV 5, DCV 5, OMCV 3, DMCV 3, SPD 10

PD 1, ED 1, REC 1, End .2 (ie 5 End = 1pt), BODY 1, Stun 1

I think that the only reason that Dex is 2pts each is because it determines who goes first in a Segment.

With END being so cheap, many Characters that are using END Reserves can now afford to use normal end.

What I really want to know is the recommended point level for a "Standard Superhero game" ie base points and max Disads Also the same for the teir above Standard Superheros.

Tasha

Rod could have listed them as major tweaks of exiting powers or taking the place of existing power(Barrier taking the place of Force Wall)

the devil is in the details

from what has been posted about Barrier I'd say it would be Force Wall with the adding of body in what you can buy to define the power

Damage negation looks(this is the first I have heard of it and it's effect)to be a new way of avoiding damage

I suspect it would be akin to a suppress power at range trigger effect

is Regeneration the old regen with tweaks to get it to work faster or slower than post 12(well you could always have gotten it to work slower than post 12 just not faster)

Well, to be fair, everything Rod mentioned works quite differently from how it has worked in Hero before, so he's not actually in error from that point of view. Deflection, for instance, makes you able to use Block at range, little like how it worked previously. Reflection is similar to its original (Champions II, I think) conception, though.

Edit: Which is to say, rj's response is probably exactly the kind of thing nexus was asking for.

Tasha

Standard Superheroes are 400 Points with 75 Points in Matching Complications (or to use 5e terminology 325 + 75) with a maximum of 40 points of one type of Complication.

High-Powered Superheroes 500 Points with 75 Points in Matching Complications (425 + 75) with a max. of 40 points of one type of Complication.

Standard Superheroes are 400 Points with 75 Points in Matching Complications (or to use 5e terminology 325 + 75) with a maximum of 40 points of one type of Complication.

High-Powered Superheroes 500 Points with 75 Points in Matching Complications (425 + 75) with a max. of 40 points of one type of Complication.

Why the terminology Matching Complications?

Rod could have listed them as major tweaks of exiting powers or taking the place of existing power(Barrier taking the place of Force Wall)

the devil is in the details

from what has been posted about Barrier I'd say it would be Force Wall with the adding of body in what you can buy to define the power

Damage negation looks(this is the first I have heard of it and it's effect)to be a new way of avoiding damage

I suspect it would be akin to a suppress power at range trigger effect

is Regeneration the old regen with tweaks to get it to work faster or slower than post 12(well you could always have gotten it to work slower than post 12 just not faster)

Yes, I could have, but since they have new names, I treated it as, for example, removing Force Wall, and adding Barrier.

Damage Negation is bought as Physical, Energy, or Mental and can be limited further by Limitations. Each "level" of Damage Negations removes a Damage Class from an attacking Power. So for example "Damage Negation (-6 DCs Physical), Only against Bullets" reduces a 2d6 + 1 RKA defined as a gun to a one-pip RKA.

Regeneration is 2 points per 1 BODY per 1 Week, 4 points per 1 BODY per Day, ... 16 points per 1 BODY per Turn.

Damage Negation is bought as Physical or Energy and can be limited further by Limitations. Each "level" of Damage Negations removes a Damage Class from an attacking Power. So for example "Damage Negation (-6 DCs Physical)' date=' Only against Bullets" reduces a 2d6 + 1 RKA defined as a gun to a one-pip RKA.[/quote']

Does Damage Negation work like FRED's Damage Reduction and occur after taking off for regular PD/ED?