6th Ed Hardcopies sighted, ahoy!

Darren Watts

Just received today my courtesy "rush ship" boxes of 6th Edition- six copies of volume 1 and 8 of volume 2. The top copy in each box has a little bit of corner scrunching from being jostled- we'll have to watch out for that. But the binding and paper look gorgeous, and the cover colors pop fabulously.

(A bit of trivia- Fred tells me that the pantone shades for the cover were based on the flag of the Democratic Republic Of The Congo, on the assumption that flag color combinations were a good idea for a book designed to stand out on a shelf from across the room. So there.) dw

Re: 6th Ed Hardcopies sighted, ahoy!

Yoohoo! *wild with anticipation* :celebrate

The more I read and reread the pdfs, the more impressed I am, and the more eager I am to get the dead-tree versions... I'll have to order another set, because I'll wear them out.

Again, I have to say 6E is the best, tightest, most brilliant, yet.

Really. :thumbup:

Yoohoo! *wild with anticipation* :celebrate

The more I read and reread the pdfs, the more impressed I am, and the more eager I am to get the dead-tree versions... I'll have to order another set, because I'll wear them out.

Again, I have to say 6E is the best, tightest, most brilliant, yet.

Really. :thumbup:

In my impatience to get my copy, I printed the PDFs out on my Doublesided Color Laser printer. Got them bound at Office Depot. Now I have a set that I can beat to hell with almost no guilt associated

I can't wait to get my "Official" dead tree editions. It will be nice to have better bindings :D

The more I read and reread the pdfs' date=' the more impressed I am, and the more eager I am to get the dead-tree versions...[/quote']

Just curious... how have so many people already gotten copies of the PDFs? I ordered the $80 Books/PDFs bundle days ago and my order just says PENDING with no way to download the PDFs?

What gives? "I wan ma PDFs nows!" :cry:

Just curious... how have so many people already gotten copies of the PDFs? I ordered the $80 Books/PDFs bundle days ago and my order just says PENDING with no way to download the PDFs?

What gives? "I wan ma PDFs nows!" :cry:

login > member cp > downloads

doesn't work?

I've had my PDFs for nearly three weeks now. Very helpful stuff. I don;t have the cash-on-hand or available ink to print out the books, but then who does? Getting the hardcopies is cheaper.

I am new to the Hero System and it seems like I picked the right time to join and I am chomping at the bit to get the ones I ordered.

Also I am glad to hear it looks as amazing as it sounds.

It is always the right time to join. :)

You can look a bit for yourself - I think the sample pages are still accessible:

Is the ship heading across the Pacific or going the other way around? If it IS taking the long way' date=' any chance they could chuck a couple of crates off as they sail past the South Coast? I could paddle out and meet them?[/quote']

I think its heading to Antarctica via the Caspian Sea.

Yes.

Hmm, are there staples or nails in the crates?

If I tune my Acme Super Electro-Magnet just right, and use the Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc. Magnetism Magnifier, maybe I can snag a box all the way here to Iowa -- or maybe I will reverse the rotation of the earth (I'm not sure about the solution to that one equation).

Hmm, are there staples or nails in the crates?

If I tune my Acme Super Electro-Magnet just right, and use the Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc. Magnetism Magnifier, maybe I can snag a box all the way here to Iowa -- or maybe I will reverse the rotation of the earth (I'm not sure about the solution to that one equation).

I'd go with the Acme Super Electro-Magnet, since reversing the rotation of the earth causes time to run backwards, which would just extend the wait before the books arrive. :)

*wonder if anyone remembers where that came from*

I'd go with the Acme Super Electro-Magnet, since reversing the rotation of the earth causes time to run backwards, which would just extend the wait before the books arrive.

*wonder if anyone remembers where that came from*

It could be a reference to the Superman movie, though I know a lot of people that argue that he went back in time which was illustrated but the Earth appearing to turn backwards, not that he made Earth go back in time by spinning it backwards.

(Yes, I know people who’ve debated the point…)

It could be a reference to the Superman movie, though I know a lot of people that argue that he went back in time which was illustrated but the Earth appearing to turn backwards, not that he made Earth go back in time by spinning it backwards.

(Yes, I know people who’ve debated the point…)

Repped for nailing it (it had, in fact, nothing to do with neither Cher, battleships, nor the Philadelphia Experiment).

Isn't it amazing what very important issues can generate serious and analytical debate in this particular genre? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Is the ship heading across the Pacific or going the other way around? If it IS taking the long way' date=' any chance they could chuck a couple of crates off as they sail past the South Coast? I could paddle out and meet them?[/quote']

Ok Here is the plan, we rent a speedboat, get extra fuel and go gamer :sneaky: on the boat till we get the crates.

The we can game us some 6th :)