Quote of the Week From My Life.

Lucius

... Then, of course, Sebastian Driussi in the midst of a month out with a spate of groin injuries that have struck the team. (One fan’s dubbed this the fault of the Groin Demon.) Diego Fagundez also got a visit from the Groin Demon but may return to play Wednesday night, ...

Groin Demon.  Heh.  Heh heh heh.

Quoted by Carl Sagan in The Demon-Haunted World: Science As a Candle In the Dark 

"Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what one does not believe. It is impossible to calculate the moral mischief, if I may so express it, that mental lying has produced in society. When man has so far corrupted and prostituted the chastity of his mind, as to subscribe his professional belief to things he does not believe, he has prepared himself for the commission of every other crime."

~Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason

Edited by Pariah

Jovian planets were able to grow to this much larger size because they were at lower temperatures that could condense the hydrogen compounds and have large amounts of hydrangea and helium gases.

:think:   Seems likely that "hydrangea" is an autocorrect casualty/product, but it's not something I've seen before in this context.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 2:19 AM, Pariah said:

"A 'critic' is a man who creates nothing and thereby feels qualified to judge the work of creative men. There is logic in this; he is unbiased--he hates all creative people equally."

~ Robert A. Heinlein

I. Kant disagree.