Champions movie

Ragitsu

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions movie

Ron Perlman as Gargoyle!

Maybe you need to decide which Champions edition team you want to use?

It's a movie. They'll mix editions up and get the stories wrong and probably add and delete whole characters anyway.

Lucius Alexander

No palindromedaries were harmed in the making of this movie.

For the heroes, I'd use the current (6E) version of the Champions team. I don't have the 6E Champions book yet, but I assume they're the same lineup as in NotW, correct?

The most logical villain for the opening movie would be that ultimate archvillain, Doctor Destroyer. If Ron Perlman can do a decent German accent I'd nominate him for the role (since Mr. Schwartzenegger is currently busy running the state of California).

For the heroes' date=' I'd use the current (6E) version of the Champions team. I don't have the 6E [i']Champions[/i] book yet, but I assume they're the same lineup as in NotW, correct?

The most logical villain for the opening movie would be that ultimate archvillain, Doctor Destroyer. If Ron Perlman can do a decent German accent I'd nominate him for the role (since Mr. Schwartzenegger is currently busy running the state of California).

Yeah, pretty much. Nighthawk has officially been written out. I would assume that was based on the massive copyright problem with, oh, three different Marvel characters.

You are probably right, but to me Dr. Destroyer is so been there, done that in the movie world. I would go with Takofanes or the Dark Seraph. Either could be voiced by Jeremy Irons and realized by a combination of make-up effects and CGI in a film.

Actually, I would see the Champions franchise as animated, similar to JLA/JLU. You would have to develop a unique design ethic to avoid the inevitable comparisons. It's impossible to beat Bruce Timm at his own game. And no anime rip-offs. My mode would be quality straight-to-DVD-style releases like Marvel and DC are having some success with now, primarily aimed at streaming on Netflix and Amazon, with a secondary revenue stream on pay-per-view and DVD sales.

Use the Champions Online game as the lead by using the game load screens as trailers, along with viral marketing on You Tube and social networking sites. Hell, put a copy of the game with a discount on the DVD and give a link to the download site and one month reduced rate code with a streaming purchase.

The writing and animation would have to be economical, but engaging. You would have a limited budget, but hat doesn't mean you have to use limited animation techniques.

Yeah, pretty much. Nighthawk has officially been written out. I would assume that was based on the massive copyright problem with, oh, three different Marvel characters.

Actually, no. I just felt that the dude didn't seem like the kind of guy who would stick with a team for very long, and wanted to reflect the idea that "things had happened" since the first CU book was written. He's still in the universe. dw

Rather just run with 6e Myself. 4th makes me Ill because I'd have to include Seeker, though I suppose I could place the movie on a Desert Island, where Seeker is soon eaten by Jaguar and all Seeker problems are solved.

~Rex

Off the top of my head, I would pick Max von Sydow to play Dr. Destroyer. (Yes, he's still alive.) ;) He has the right look for Albert Zerstoiten out of the armor, an impressive voice with acceptable accent, and plenty of acting talent and gravitas.

I would want Menton to be played by Antonio Banderas. A pox on Cryptic Studios' balloon-headed geek version! I want Alejandro Medina to be his classic sexy, charismatic Spaniard self!

Actually' date=' no. I just felt that the dude didn't seem like the kind of guy who would stick with a team for very long, and wanted to reflect the idea that "things had happened" since the first CU book was written. He's still in the universe. dw[/quote']

Right, Champions Universe: News Of The World detailed him leaving the Champions. Would you know if in the Champions Online incarnation of the CU, Nighthawk is still leading Project Mongoose?

Night Hawk is embroiled in a gigantic legal battle with Kyle Richmond over his look and his name.

~Rex.....heh....made a funny, but thinks that Super Science Ninja Team is waiting in the background to have words about Nighthawks look as well.

Yeah' date=' pretty much. Nighthawk has officially been written out. I would assume that was based on the massive copyright problem with, oh, three different Marvel characters. [/quote']
Actually' date=' no. I just felt that the dude didn't seem like the kind of guy who would stick with a team for very long, and wanted to reflect the idea that "things had happened" since the first CU book was written. He's still in the universe. dw[/quote']Besides that, I believe (possibly mistakenly) that other companies have had superhero characters named Nighthawk.

Yep, Nighthawk had a 1948 Debut for DC comics in 1948 in Western Comics #5 ......but that's a masked gunfighter type....Part of the Hawkman Lineage (knows this as Rex is the original Hawkman Fanboy)....

The other......three so to speak, are from Marvel Comics.

DC comics 1948 Version:

96322-38435-nighthawk_large.JPG

aka Hannibal Hawkes (There is also a modern DC version of this guy as of Robin Annual #6 .....

Then, there is Kyle Richmond of Earth 616 and Joaquin Pennyworth of Earth 616 respectively (As of the Mini Series and the Defenders mini shot recently).....

392px-Nighthawk-1.jpg

Dig the Bird Suit......

AND then.....there is the Earth 712 Version.....Which gives you another Kyle Richmond, and in the NWO one shot for the Squadron Supreme Universe there you also get Neil Richmond, son of the Kyle Richmond foe, The Huckster....

440px-Nighthawk2.jpeg and nighthawk2.jpg

And then we got the Supreme Powers Nighthawk (Earth 31916), still a Kyle Richmond but, they made him Black because that's as edgy and original as making Starbuck a girl......

2353-1.jpg

Look more like Owl Man I know but he's Dark.....Edgy!

And then you get the Earth 1610 Nighthawk (Kyle Richmond) WHOM, because Loeb hates Nighthawk, is just a dorky guy that is leading the wannabe Defenders, who shows up one time and Breaks his ankle jumping off something above ground level......

That's really about it, SO, VERY few incarnations, which is really Rare, for the extended Comic Book universe as a whole.

Oh, while I'm at it....These guys got a beef as well. gatchaman-25.jpg

~Rex....Nighthawk was one of his favorite Marvel Characters......

Ron Perlman as Gargoyle!

It's a movie. They'll mix editions up and get the stories wrong and probably add and delete whole characters anyway.

Agreed.

My cast would be:

Marksman Chuck Norris

Defender (as a fairly new superhero) Sean Murray or Nicholas Brendon

Flare Lexa Doig or Rachel Luttrell

Rose Jewel Staite

Gargoyle Ron Perlman (as above)

Icestar Forrest Whitaker

Denise Dumont Khandi Alexander

Dr. Destroyer Max von Sydow

Menton Antonio Banderas

Mentalla Tia Carrere

Gigaton Adam Baldwin

Rakshasa (several different actors)

Hurm...

Totally agree with:

Antonio Banderas as 5e Menton

Max von Sydow as Doctor Destroyer

Others:

Cate Blanchett as Istvatha V'Han

Ron Perlman as Ogre

Clancy Brown as The Warlord (even moreso is animated)

Nathan Jones as Bulldozer

Christopher Lloyd as Captain Chronos

Chris Evans as Slick

Christopher Eccleston as Dark Seraph

and Nicholas Cage as Doctor Yin Wu