Create a Hero Theme Team!

Cygnia

GARDENIA

Not much is known about this shadowy vigilante since she first appeared in Northern Iraq the few witnesses have described a woman dressed in form fitting but un-restrictive black silk with a white floral pattern that completely cover her she seems to have some sort of plant based powers especially an ability to rapidly grow entangling vines when she is particularly angry with an enemy she creates thorned vines. she targets  IS as well as others who commit crimes against women who tend to be found by authorities hanging upside down entangled with vines

Artimesia the Bereaved

No one is sure who, or even what, she is. She has appeared three times, taking the form of a gigantic animated statue of marble, always when a brave leader has just perished in battle. Aside from, presumably, the powers one would expect of a mobile marble colossus, Artimesia has some form of mental influence or mind control, for after wailing and praising the fallen hero extravagantly, she directs all present to immediately raise a monument to "This glorious king, another Mausoleus come into a world unworthy of him!" and superbeings under her control find their powers mysteriously enhanced - for example, a villain with flame powers was directed to kindle an "eternal flame" and it's still burning. It never takes long to construct some kind of impressive monument and then Artimesia kneels by it in a posture of profound mourning - and turns into a mere statue, lifeless marble exquisitely sculpted. The villains are left both exhausted and grief stricken, and have been quickly taken into custody, although the grief is short lived.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary asks how many lists of seven wonders there were, anyway?

Seven?

I wonder why the palindromedary is wondering about that.

Because more than one ancient writer composed such a list, and they did not all agree on every item.

Lucius Alexander

seven palindromedaries of the Alexandrian tagline

The heroic Pyramid arrives to help people in trouble in a pyramid ship of stone blocks. It hovers above the afflicted area as more blocks are deployed to help with the problem. Floods are stopped by walls directing the flow. Villains are stopped by hammers of bricks. Rescues are done by forming small machines of bricks to carry out the deed. The blocks are recalled when the danger is over, and Pyramid flies away.

CES 

Professor Archimedes Eptá-Ipotsa The mental Collosus

Archimedes Eptá-Ipotsa was born to a Zimbabwean father and Greek mother in New York where both his parents worked for the UN. He was obviously gifted from an early age exceeding all normal childhood development stages  his parents sent him to the best schools and by 13 he was already doing advanced classes he felt that his university education would suffer his inability to relate to his peers if he attended at such a young age so instead travelled the world for the next 5 years with his parents where his diverse range of knowledge enabled him to assist designing solutions for drought ravaged lands organising smooth flowing logistics etc at 18 he felt ready to continue his academic experience and was accepted to the prestigious Rhodes scholar program  he would spend the next 5 years at Oxford completing multiple degrees and his first of many doctorates.

after university he decided to set up his own think tank to do so he appeared on several high profile quiz shows totally destroying previous records and leaving with enough money to make a start on his think tank. Now he travels the world fixing problems organizing systems and solving mysteries unlike most super geniuses he has shown no real aptitude for science but when a problem requires problem solving planning or just wide knowledge Archimedes is your man. he became a member of the wonders when one of his humanitarian projects was attacked and he was rescued and able to save his coworkers with the aid of NIKE and The Great Pyramid . he is the brains of the team supplying tactics and solving mysteries though he is pretty useless in a fight he has defeated foes by out witting them or making use of kis quick wits and things in his environment to take them out.

It has been called many things, the tomb, the crypt, the mausoleum, the keep, but a box is what it really is. If you are in trouble, and there is no one else that can help, and you can find and open it in the graveyards of the world, you can summon the power of Hope to change everything around. 

CES   

Only the mausoleum left now

I thought I'd done the mausoleum?

Artimesia the Bereaved

No one is sure who, or even what, she is. She has appeared three times, taking the form of a gigantic animated statue of marble, always when a brave leader has just perished in battle. Aside from, presumably, the powers one would expect of a mobile marble colossus, Artimesia has some form of mental influence or mind control, for after wailing and praising the fallen hero extravagantly, she directs all present to immediately raise a monument to "This glorious king, another Mausoleus come into a world unworthy of him!" and superbeings under her control find their powers mysteriously enhanced - for example, a villain with flame powers was directed to kindle an "eternal flame" and it's still burning. It never takes long to construct some kind of impressive monument and then Artimesia kneels by it in a posture of profound mourning - and turns into a mere statue, lifeless marble exquisitely sculpted. The villains are left both exhausted and grief stricken, and have been quickly taken into custody, although the grief is short lived.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary asks how many lists of seven wonders there were, anyway?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary suggests I may have done it and not done it well

Ok GoT one for Artemis

Moon Stalker

Virginia Hunter was a pretty normal 20 something if a bit tomboyish with her love of bow hunting ad hiking far from civilisation in the Pacific north west. That is until she was attacked by some huge furry beast and left for dead on a hiking trip.

She was the lucky one; three other campers in the area where found dead, practically torn apart by some wild animal the tracks did not match anything  common to the area .

Virginia managed to tend to her wounds and stagger back to civilisation when she made it to the ER she was amazed to discover the deep lacerations and bites she had received were almost closed.

Then the dreams started impossible dreams about the moon and blood and an impossibly beautiful woman firing a beautiful silver bow at some ferocious beats that moved so swiftly it could barely be seen.

The dreams came night after night for weeks and Virginia started to experience more strange things in her daily life he ense of smell was improved her eyesight seemed to be sharper but her colour vision would fade in and out she found her hair and fingernails growing so quickly it was embarrassing. Virginia went to her doctor she ordered tests that came back all wrong and Virginia was admitted to hospital to try and find a reason for the strange symptoms and that is how she met Dr Stavros Fengári

Dr .Fengári was the world expert on the rare syndrome virginia had acquired he arranged her care.  it was 4 weeks to the day from the from the attack when virginia started to experience the worst symptoms he body racked with pain and feverish Virginia thrashed and writhed in her bed and had to be restrained.

Virginia was feverish her whole body twisting and contorting in her restraints she felt like her skin was splitting her bones stretching and then there was peace she found herself curled in a fetal ball  in a quiet forest glade the full moon huge and shining down on her and the beautiful woman dressed in a strange old fashioned looking gown with a quiver of silver arrows across her back and a pack of dogs curled up around her feet.

Greeting Virginia the woman said.

Virginia rose from the ground feeling very strange she felt powerful and quick something made her think this was not a dream it didn't have that feeling of detachment Virginia looked down and screamed her hands were wrong elongated and ending in claws and covered in thick white fur virginia froe confused by the strangeness she collapsed to her knees seeing they too were furry and her legs looked strange. the woman beckoned  Virginia it's ok come her the woman said and beckoned again Virginia rose once more reaching the mysterious woman she realized that she was standing next to a shallow pool of water in the center of the glade the woman cupped virginias face and gently stroked her hair.

I'm sorry Virginia that this has happened to you virginia was confused until she looked into the pool illuminated by the brillaint moonlight and saw her face beastial canine not human. Virginia collapsed to the ground once more the beautiful woman sank to her knees beside her holding her and stroking her fur.

I am truly sorry Virginia I am Artemis I know few of you belive in me now but I am still the Goddess of the moon and the hunt and I am responsible for what has happened to you the moon wolves are my fault a long ago a man tried to take something from me something I was not willing to give and i cursed him to become a beast whenever the moon was full a beast i would hunt through the forests for ever. I didn't know at the time that the curse could pass on to others I tried to hunt all of the new beasts down but my link to your world has faded I need a weapon.  will you be that weapon I can't cure you only the death of the first beast will do that but I can give you control no fury no changing against your will no lose of self to the beast within.

Virginia cried; huge tears falling into and sorting her image in the pool she whispered just one word YES. and virginia awoke her restraints her bed and her hospital gown were shredded tatters and Dr Fengári standing over her with a silver dagger.

Virginias hand shot up as if it had a mind of its own faster than she thought possible gripping the doctor's wrist. the doctor looked down at her. "So she chose you then; It has been a long time since we had a Moon Stalker" and then he explained he was a member of a secret society that had guarded the world from the beasts since Artemis had stopped protecting them the silver moon society had stalked the monsters millenia occasionally with the help of a beast blessed by the goddess to be free if the taint of madness.

Since that day Virginia has traveled the world with the assistance of the silver moon society and their secret treasure armed with a silver bow of huge power and an unending quiver of silver arrows a gift from her goddess originally she was purely a hunter of were beasts but after becoming embroiled in a major super battle whilst stalking a were-tiger who acted as a body guard for a major villain. she has started doing super heroics with the other Wonders and independently when she isnt busy hunting a dangerous were.

Chimera

Charlene Mera is a mutant with animal shape shifting powers she has very little control of her powers so while she can shift body parts into a variety of forms like tiger claws gills or wings.  her lack of control means that unfortunately when she shifts one part the rest shift to a jigsaw of random animal parts so when she tries to get the claws of a tiger she might get the legs off a gazelle wings of a bat and shark teeth.

Knocker

Jack Cornish was a miner from a long line of miners. his family was originally from Cornwall where they had been mining copper and tin since before the romans invaded. jacks family had emigrated to Pennsylvania and had been working deep coal mines for generations Jack grew up hearing the stories from the old men of the Knockers the little men who warned of mine collapses and who you could hear when you where down in the dark depths of the earth. Jack was the first in his family to go to college getting a degree in mine engineering.

He returned home to work in his home town but he soon found out that the the mine his father uncle and cousins all worked in was shockingly unsafe he tried to bring it to the attention of the owner but he didn't want do anything he wanted the profits and who cares if a few miners get killed just the price of doing business. Jack decided to go to the authorities anything to save his family ; but when he broke into the mine to get evidence the corrupt mine foreman triggered a cave-in burying Jack alive in the cold dark .

Jack lay there trapped beneath tonnes of earth   and that's when he heard the knocking of those guardian spirits he had always heard about he spent three days trapped underground delirious with thirst and hunger he wished for someone to rescue him only  the corrupt mine owner and foreman knew he was there and they believed him to be dead. three days listening to the knocking remembering the stories of the creatures who protected miners and on the third day he felt something shift inside him and he walked out of the mine as if the thousands of tonnes of rock and coal where as ephemeral as mist. 

and now it was time to bring his would be murderers to justice dressed in a his grandfather's mining gear to disguise his identity and using his new found power he deposited the owner and foreman in the deep dark hole they had left him for three days in until they agreed to turn themselves in they lasted less than an hour.

Now jack is a super hero travelling the globe rescuing people in the aftermath of earthquakes or from mining accidents and with the rest of the creatures of legend using his ability to pass through solid rock to surprise their foes. he also provides a lot of their funding due to his ability to find previously undiscovered minerals he is highly sought after in his chosen profession. 

he still wears old fashioned mining gear with a bandana over his face he wears a hard hat with a lamp that he has rigged to produce an incredible bright blinding flash. he also wields a pickaxe though he never uses the points against living targets.

Koo-Shee

Knocker did not come forth from the mine alone. A great green furred hound the size of a mining pony came too, passing easily through earth and stone, ready to track down anyone and anything that Knocker may want to find.

Lucius Alexander

It becomes confused by the tracks of a palindromedary, for nothing can tell which way a palindromedary went by the tracks.