Your character's theme song would be?

Hermit

Re: Your character's theme song would be?

Cougar - Background Theme music from the HUNTED Soundtrack.

Guardian II - Greatest American Hero Theme Song

Rogue Trooper II - Batman: The Animated Series Theme Song

Rogue Trooper 3000 - The Matrix Sound Track 1st Track

Cheers

QM

P.S.: The not so musically knowledgable.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have had several characters with theme songs, most often Shadowrun characters...

"Slim" McCoy (Shadowrun Elf) - inspired by Jim Croce "Don't Mess Around With Jim." Later, after the Bug City incident, BOC "Veteran of the Psychic Wars"

"Kash" (Shadowrun Bodyguard/Assassin)- Golden Earring "Twilight Zone"

"Beast" (Shadowrun Ork) - Disturbed "Violence Fetish"

Daniel "Shaman" Moondancer (Champs Mystic) -Judas Priest "Under Blood Red Skies"

Same Character, Different Game (Shadowrun Wolf Shaman transplanted to Rifts) - Metallica "Of Wolf and Man"

Juan Carlos Arturio Roberto "Kobra" De Los Santos (Rifts detoxed Juicer) - Metallica "God That Failed"

"Hunger" (L5R Ronin) -Temple of the Dog "Hunger Strike" / Papa Roach "Of Angels and Insects"

Guest Strassenzauber

Lone Star- The William Tell Overture. :)

Fan of the Lone Ranger, eh? :king:

Lone Star is also the name of the domineering police organization in the Shadowrun universe....

I wrote:

Sadly, Assault's theme song would involve very loud guitars.

I'm not quite sure if it would be 70s Heavy Metal or Punk.

I was, of course, wrong. Assault's theme song would be Australian pub rock from the late 70s/early 80s. Still very loud guitars, but with a slightly different following and style.

Picking an exact song is difficult. The best candidate I can think of is from slightly outside the timescale I suggested, but is still legitimate in terms of genre, and the band was around in the correct period.

"Die Yuppie Die" - Painters and Dockers.

Nucleon:"One Of These Days" on Pink Floyd's "Meddle" album. The song actually is at the base of this cosmically powerful entity.

Dominator: A huge absorbing brick with a SM twist; Black Sabbath's "Zero the Hero", including the little intro before, on the infamous "Born Again" album.

Bravewind, Native martial artist with a mystical boost, and a dashing vanguard fighter; The theme from the videogame "Turok 2", second level song; great music high-adventuring music, Nucleon says.

Generally speaking, surf rock makes an excellent super-heroic background, but maybe that's because we're so much silver-bronze age. Many of Nucleon's players "adopted" a surf song like "cheyenne" or "surf Rider".

For my latest character Dr. Sebastian Castle... AKA BASTION (a Doc Savage type golden-age throwback who's invented chroma-field technology that allows him to shrink to the microverse or grow to a huge size)

It'd have to be the old Johnny Quest theme song!

http://www.melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/j-quest.html

ATHENA (Billionaire inventor determined to make the world a better place with her technology despite the obstruction of a military/industrial cabal.) - "We Can Be Heroes" by David Bowie

Guest Strassenzauber

For my latest character Dr. Sebastian Castle... AKA BASTION (a Doc Savage type golden-age throwback who's invented chroma-field technology that allows him to shrink to the microverse or grow to a huge size)

It'd have to be the old Johnny Quest theme song!

http://www.melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/j-quest.html

I think I have all of the old Doc Savage pulps. "The Man of Bronze," with the secret Aztec gold stash, the dirigible launchpad on top of his 84-story mountaintop castle, and more chicks throwing themselves at him than you can shake a bundle of sticks at.

Is that about right?

I think I have all of the old Doc Savage pulps. "The Man of Bronze," with the secret Aztec gold stash, the dirigible launchpad on top of his 84-story mountaintop castle, and more chicks throwing themselves at him than you can shake a bundle of sticks at.

Is that about right?

Who ever said that the smartest guy around had to be a dweeb???

Doc Savage proved that the size of your frontal lobe need not be inversly proportional to the size of your... pecks. :snicker:

Wallace the Red: "Immigrant Song" by Led Zeplin

Paragon: "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" by the Smashing Pumpkins

Stanley Skullstomper: "Feed My Frankenstein" by Alice Cooper

Raymond Kensington: "I am the Walrus" by the Beatles

Boris Klashnikof: "The Lords of the Rhymes" by the Lords of the Rhymes

heh, how bout mood music?

Zekari (my electric Dragon) would have jaws music when she's hungry/tracking

Anything with tons of crashes during arial combat (like that traditional classical music with a face pace and rain effects)

In general? A steady stream of rap/R+B. She is a gangster after all!

*the dragon does her gang sign and shows off her bandana*

(Warning: serious chauvinism for music of the late 1970s here.)

I ended up choosing "Hocus Pocus" by Focus. No lyrics (well, there's the yodelling and the maniacal laughter, but no words), cool song, and given that my character is based on a four-aspect Multiform with very different powers, nothing really covers all the bases.

I'm waiting for an Energy Blaster character to show up with "Lightning's Hand" by Kansas. Way too apropos.

Great villain background songs include "Knife Edge" by Emerson, Lake, & Palmer and "Gates of Babylon" by Rainbow. Actually, the latter would be appropriate for someone with a demonic origin (like Hellboy).

... And I'm waiting for Old Man to chime in on this thread with "Old Man Down the Road" by John Fogerty....

heh, how bout mood music?

Zekari (my electric Dragon) would have jaws music when she's hungry/tracking

Anything with tons of crashes during arial combat (like that traditional classical music with a face pace and rain effects)

In general? A steady stream of rap/R+B. She is a gangster after all!

*the dragon does her gang sign and shows off her bandana*

how about the electric slide?