Adult Entertainment

Greywind

Back in the first run of Bill Willingham's Elementals, the character of Morningstar posed for Playboy. The character of Riptide in Liefeld's Youngblood posed for the fictional Pussicat Magazine. Given (as presented in comics) the fascination the general population has with the spandex set, I would assume that Hef, given the chance, would pursue heroes and vigilantes, possibly even villains, to pose for his magazines. I'm sure the competition would also. It would be safe to assume the lower class magazines would throw models into costumes and call it good. There might actually be magazines geared specifically towards that subject matter.

What I am looking for is possible titles to such magazines. I'm working on a story, and honestly, I'm drawing blanks, so I figured I'd turn to Herodom to see what can be come up with.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Adult Entertainment

The Spandex Set

Distressing Damsels

Power Perversion

Supersluts

Superbeings: Beyond Good and Evil

Under Their Capes

Fortress of Pulchritude

Masks, Capes, and Skin

edit: Wow. Other people are coming up with great ideas. I love these forums.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary told me to stop, enough

Don't remember who I stole it from, but in my campaign there has long been Paladin, published by the Reid Publishing group. News, gossip, pictures and interviews from the Metahuman community. Sort of is to metahumans what People is to actors. They try to alternate their feature interview each month between heros and villains. They don't do nude shots, but they do have some cheesecake/beefcake/swimsuit/tight costume shots every issue. They absolutely will not "out" anyone's secret ID, and report the villain interviews without editorializing, so supers who believe they are misunderstood feel there is at least one place to tell their side of the story.

From this Spinerette cartoon:

http://krakowstudios.com/spinnerette/2011/12/07/12072011/

"Badgirl"

Perhaps as an nod to the other meaning of Penthouse, some generic word for hero/villain lairs:

Moonbase, [something]Cave (most caves just have the heroes name before it, but this one would need a generic name), First Base (I know that this means soemthing different, but wich "base" could nudity be?), ...

I see some difficulty with maintaining the secret ID (wearing a mask durign the shot), so perhaps an nod to that part:

"Below the mask" (the person, as well as the body from neck to feet).

Another thing I noticed:

Since there is a chance of Shapechangers comitting fraud, how about "NSA" (no shapechangers allowed)?

Right now, all I am really looking for is titles. Granted what I'm doing is a throw away line, but it's one of those little details that adds to the scene.

You've got 3 agent types, akin to Viper. One of them happened to get pictures of a bad girl. Originally I was thinking a situations similar to when the cameraman in the helicopter got a picture of She-Hulk sunbathing nude on the roof of the Baxter Building. Anyways, the one with the pictures is talking about who he can possibly sell the pics to, hence the magazine titles.

Right now, all I am really looking for is titles. Granted what I'm doing is a throw away line, but it's one of those little details that adds to the scene.

You've got 3 agent types, akin to Viper. One of them happened to get pictures of a bad girl. Originally I was thinking a situations similar to when the cameraman in the helicopter got a picture of She-Hulk sunbathing nude on the roof of the Baxter Building. Anyways, the one with the pictures is talking about who he can possibly sell the pics to, hence the magazine titles.

Paladin would not publish those, but might buy them to prevent someone else from publishing them.

Paladin would not publish those' date=' but might buy them to prevent someone else from publishing them.[/quote']Doesn't really matter if they would or wouldn't. You basically have 3 guys, only one of which Taskmaster wouldn't let into his school of thugs ("Intelligence is too high. Almost normal.") These are the kind of guys who's high point in reading would be Hustler. And not for the articles.

My world has an adult entertainment company (they make films featuring metas) called Epic Entertainment. They might have a publication arm :)
I'm not surprised, coming from you. :P The most I've ever had to deal with was a record company that sidelined in white slavery.

As I recall--vaguely, but still--one of the female DNAgents posed for a magazine called SAXON. The cover for the issue where it happened was drawn by Dave Stevens.

A Playboy-wannabe magazine might call itself Connoisseur or High Life or Smart Set. Something at the Hustler level might call itself Target or Royale or Wolf. A gay male publication might call itself Storm or Magnum; a lesbian-oriented magazine (as opposed to a girl-girl sex mag for a male audience) might call itself Fancy, Ladies' Night, or Sappho.

Hope that helps.

As I recall--vaguely, but still--one of the female DNAgents posed for a magazine called SAXON. The cover for the issue where it happened was drawn by Dave Stevens.

A Playboy-wannabe magazine might call itself Connoisseur or High Life or Smart Set. Something at the Hustler level might call itself Target or Royale or Wolf. A gay male publication might call itself Storm or Magnum; a lesbian-oriented magazine (as opposed to a girl-girl sex mag for a male audience) might call itself Fancy, Ladies' Night, or Sappho.

Hope that helps.

DaveStevens_DNAgents_96.jpg

I can't be the only one thinking "T & Agents' date='" can I?[/quote']

LOL! Excellent!

:rofl:

DNAgents did have one of my fave quotes when it wrapped up.

"Tennison said it was better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. And tomorrow that may be true, but today Tennison was ful of crap."