Since CoH is gone...

Alric

Re: Since CoH is gone...

I'll be blunt: I'm far too bitter about NCSoft's "d*** move" to play another superhero MMO without a great deal of resentment, right now. This is especially true when a) CO always felt more like an arcade "fighter" game than a genuine MMO, and B) I trust Cryptic and PWE almost as little. Which is 0.01% above "none", honestly.

I feel bad-I haven't played in a long while. Guess I won't now : (

Well COH is still running, the severs are supposed to keep going until Nov 30. NCSoft has halted all development, laid off/shut down Paragon Studio, shut down the ability to make purchases on the game but the game is still running.

I wouldn't say CO actually has a Learning curve to speak off. If I can play it so can anyone and I've seen rocks on the ground that can muster more mental ooomph then myself on any given day.....

~Rex

I'd say it does have a bit of a learning curve. The tutorial section does a poor job of explaining the mechanics of "energy builder" and "consumer" powers. There are some "training videos" that you get to look at in the Powerhouse after you ran the tutorial. My first character got up to level 8 yesterday and I'm still unclear on how to effectively use the Block power.

There's blocking practice in the Powerhouse. I tried it and that's why I'm unsure about effective use. It seemed to block less damage if I started blocking as soon as the practice laser started charging. Either blocking effectiveness is pretty random or it's a timing issue. I haven't yet gone online looking for answers, but I'm thinking I'll have to. One of the first missions I got was to stop GRAB from robbing a cruise liner (I think), but I have no clue where to go.

Oh gosh... Now I'm nearly crying...

I played it since 2007... my online friends, some I have even met IRL, we all are very sad of this closure.

But they announced it the day they made it free to play.

CoX , I miss you alot.

Opale, aka Miss Quantum of Vigilance Server

Oh gosh... Now I'm nearly crying...

I played it since 2007... my online friends, some I have even met IRL, we all are very sad of this closure.

But they announced it the day they made it free to play.

CoX , I miss you alot.

Opale, aka Miss Quantum of Vigilance Server

Ummm... no? The option to play for free went live about a year ago. The only thing that happened at the shutdown announcement was that no accounts would be billed from the announcement (8/31) through the planned closure date (11/30).

Never understood the Computer Gaming thing of having to "retain" anything from another game or during a rebuild of a character on the same game. Just build something that looks like the old CoH guy, acts like it, and start playing. I seriously doubt any amount of outcry is going to save the game. It's not what the company wants regardless of it's levels of success, they just don't want it anymore.

~Rex