Today's Dumb Criminal Story ...

Why do we charge freaks like that with aggravated assault instead of attempted murder?  Or maybe both...  One count of attempted murder for each round he fired.    

And even that would be rewarding him for being an incompetent murderer.      IMO JUSTICE  would probably have been someone blowing his head off.  

I just finished reading other comment's by family's of criminals who got shot "on the job" complaining about the perp being shot (fatally or otherwise) while not even thinking of the wrongdoing that lead to the shooting (and sometimes killing) of their family member.

The audacity and stupidity makes me want to ... (no I am not writing that).

BTW, just for notice:

Being German and Germany being country were it is very hard to own a gun leagally and were everybody is runnung his mouth against the US right to bear arms and being not liberal but on the FAR LEFT I just want to say that I find nothing bad about upstanding citizens having the right to defend themself.

I have a problem with a certain "cult" about that right.

I do think that the guy on the above website who carries a Carl Gustav anti-tank-weapon openly in a street in Kansas (most likely to comically "out-do" the Teaxans on their "Open Carry"-Day) went overboard.

And I fully subscribe to the viewpoint of the bearingarms-guy that people who joke playfully around with live weapons should be punished severely (one of the first things they teach you at the Bundeswehr: Don't play with the gun. Don't even shoot at the sergeant - makes him sad and unwanted.).

But if you are a upright, responsible citizen with no criminal record and you feel the need to be armed (and most people don't carry guns around to feel cool, they feel un-protected - which IS THE PROBLEM that needs to be addressed in the fisrt place), you should have the right to own and carry a gun.

End of rant.

No intention to hijack the thread.

Just felt the need to make that statement.

Really the end now.

I swear.

• 2 weeks later...

Was listening to a Scottish comedian Kevin Bridges was saying that "we don't need tougher sentences, we need more consistent sentences." 

he said, Murder is life without parole, but attempted murder is 6 years. "You still tried to kill the guy! We're giving you a benefit for being crap at your job!"

Driver caught using a cellphone jammer in vehicle. 

Florida Man,  (of course) 60, tired of people using cell phones while they drive bought a jammer and hid it in his vehicle. 

I'd almost be impressed and label him more hero than villain if it didn't also affect emergency response calls. People shouldn't die because you're annoyed.