[Police brutality] American injustice, yet again.

Ragitsu

I know of one case of a wrong address no-knock warrant where the home owner fired through the door at the sound of police trying to beat it down without IDing themselves. He killed one cop, didn't go to jail. I was kind of surprised about that, actually. I'm in the identify your target before firing camp.

Personality, I'm in the camp that says if you're trying to smash in my front door rather than politely knocking and identifying yourself, you are about a heartbeat away from a buckshot facial treatment and a (well-earned) Darwin Award.

Personality, I'm in the camp that says if you're trying to smash in my front door rather than politely knocking and identifying yourself, you are about a heartbeat away from a buckshot facial treatment and a (well-earned) Darwin Award.

Well, you can probably use a bit of hellfire.   I have to settle for lead and copper.  

Additionally, 120 people were arrested and charged with a plethora of things including engaging in organized crime. There were crimes and there was enforcement. Good work! The big difference with the Grey incident in Baltimore was that there was either no initial crime, or a de minimus crime, and the enforcement was lethal. The difference exists, but it isn't reflected very clearly or accurately in this incident imho.

Looking at the video, the first responding officer is a city cop, the second a Sheriff. So, two departments. Also, the guy running the experiment (guy number one) does this crap all the time, and has his own YouTube channel devoted to it, so that city cop probably is already aware of him. The locations also appear to be different in both cases. So, there may be a bit of deck stacking going on here.

On the other hand, I'll reiterate that if I was the black guy, I'd never volunteer for this experiment.

Side comment: These open carry protesters are d-bags. They're causing panic, not doing anything meaningful to raise public awareness or empathy for whatever cause they think they're promoting. Many of them (see: Texas and Starbucks boneheads) also have piss poor safety and gun handling habits and should be hauled off for public endangerment or at least smacked upside the head.

Yeah, seriously.

If I were of (direct) African descent, there is no amount of money or comic books you could lavish upon me to take part in that experiment....even up here in the Kingdom of Rain and Trees.

Kudos, then, to the darker skinned men risking their lives in order to highlight a vomitous double-standard.

You weren't already sad about living in Cleveland?  Haven't you already had to adopt an out-of-state football team?

Technically, I'm originally from MA. :P

More seriously, I like the city for the most part, but the blatant racism here makes me cringe. :no:

https://news.vice.com/article/judge-acquits-cleveland-cop-who-stood-on-hood-and-fired-15-rounds-through-windshield-at-unarmed-couple?utm_source=vicenewsfb

It would that jumping on the hood of a car that you and your fellow cops have riddled with bullets and then proceed to unload fiften more rounds gang style is a justfiable action if you have a badge.

La Rose.