[Police brutality] American injustice, yet again.

Ragitsu

These were normal sized cops, so they had the proper arm to arm interface for the maneuver. Apparently, roided out monster cops like the guys in NYC are incapable of a proper arm to arm interface, so they're forced to go for the choke. Because huge arms just aren't good at controlling normal sized arms.

Time to ask the Swedes if they'd be willing to open a police academy in the US.

"You hear a sound that sounds a lot like gunfire, but it could be anything, what do you do?"

"I get cover!"

"Good!"

"Then I chase whatever made the noise..."

"It's a car, two people are in there,  but you cannot make out if they are..."

"Afraid for my life I leap on the hood and fire as many rounds as possible through the car window..."

"Why would you leap on a hood if you were afraid for...?"

"Terrified!  I'm feeling threatened. I better empty the whole clip!"

"But after the first shot you should be able to see they were unarmed!"

"It's a trap! keep firing!"

"Okay, you need to stay after school...."

"Communist!"

I'm pretty sure Swede cops still carry Viking swords, spears and/or axes. Unfortunately, they couldn't get them through customs, so had to resort to wrestling.

I fear them less if armed, and more if they must resort to wrestling. I recall what happened to Grendel.

Seriously though, can we get some of them to come over and train our officers?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary suggests they could also officer our trains

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/fatal-police-shootings-in-2015-approaching-400-nationwide/2015/05/30/d322256a-058e-11e5-a428-c984eb077d4e_story.html?postshare=7521433034994741

Washington Post: U.S. averaging over two poilce shootings per day; minorities far more likely to be shot while unarmed; 1/4 of victims mentally ill

Do you mean a minority is less likely to be shot if armed than if unarmed, or that an unarmed person is less likely to be shot if they are a minority?

Lucius Alexander

This palindromedary is not armed

Do you mean a minority is less likely to be shot if armed than if unarmed, or that an unarmed person is less likely to be shot if they are a minority?

Lucius Alexander

This palindromedary is not armed

Minorities who are unarmed are far more likely to be shot than white people who are unarmed.

I like that the Free Press explained the financial repercussions in terms that the common citizen can understand and relate:  how such out-of-control police behavior directly affects them, not just the beating victim.  The person who sits idly back and thinks, "well, it's not my problem, after all, the guy shouldn't have gotten pulled over in the first place" soon realizes that it *is* his problem, to the tune of a couple hundred dollars in extra property taxes.

Hopefully the reaction will be to demand more accountability, to curb such behavior.  But I'm not holding my breath.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2015/06/01/floyd-dent-inkster-beating-tax-settlement/28328993/

Are we going to have to turn to financial incentives to motivate the public at large to start wagging their fingers harder at police departments and those that oversee them?

A quick look at Inkster Michigan on Wikipedia reveals is a poor, majority African-American community.  They are already required to pay the salaries of their occupying force, and this is not the first time they have been levied additional taxes to pay the settlement cost (plus unexplained inflation of the bill) when one of their occupiers got in trouble with the law.  So while I don't know how police appointments are handled in the great state of Michigan, I don't think the local taxpayers and voters have too much influence in the process.