[Police brutality] American injustice, yet again.

Ragitsu

Having watched at least part of one of the videos, what I saw was that he unholstered his weapon when--and only when--two young men began approaching him while he was dealing with the girl. They immediately retreated (in fact ran off, pursued by other cops), and he holstered his weapon. I never saw him threaten the girl with his firearm. Did he overreact two young men moving quickly toward him? I dunno. Did he draw his weapon on a teenage girl in a bikini? No.

The whole problem with this situation is the cop charged out of his car like he was putting down a riot.  So fast that he couldn't keep his footing.  And he maintained that bath-salts state of mind throughout the encounter.  Why?

Well, his attorney says that he had responded to two suicides just before that and it affected his state of mind.

Yeah . . .

A) If seeing a couple of dead people makes you freak out that much, you aren't suited to the job.

2: If you're all freaked out over something, you should avoid going into tense situations (and also bringing tension to minor kerfuffles).

Took a look at some comments regarding the pool party thing on Facebook, it's sad how many people truly believe the officer was justified in what he was doing despite most evidence suggesting he was not.

Bootlicking is the second national pastime after baseball.

The whole problem with this situation is the cop charged out of his car like he was putting down a riot.  So fast that he couldn't keep his footing.  And he maintained that bath-salts state of mind throughout the encounter.  Why?

Because their attitude - not always, but often - is that their authority is absolute and may not be questioned: and that therefore any interaction with the public is fraught with potential for trouble.

I know, anecdote, not data, but here's an incident that has stayed with me lo, these many years, that illustrates it perfectly.

Years back when I was still at NIH, I was working late. It was winter, snowy and cold. As I came out and headed for my car, I saw a cop parked at the roadside* who suddenly told me to stop. Thinking he was wondering what I was doing there, I held up my security badge and said "It's OK officer, just been working late" and he said "STOP!" in a much louder voice and put his hand on his gun. I stopped. When I asked him - politely - what the problem was. He said "The parking lot's all icy. You should go around".

Seriously? He put his hand on his gun to ensure I was walking safely? What was he going to do if I walked on the parking lot? Shoot me? It wasn't about his personal safety - I was 30 feet away from him and walking parallel, not approaching, not fleeing.

Now in all honesty, I doubt he actually meant to threaten me: he was trying to be helpful. I think it was simply a reflex - he had issued a command and I had not complied! Therefore - gun. It's like the old saying - if the only tool you have is hammer ...

Cheers, Mark

*This was before they put up the giant security barriers and such **** around the campus

"The civil rights movement isn't going to move until they learn to train their animals better."

"Cops are so sick of dealing with black behavior, they're frustrated."

"What they don't admit is that the video the good Bishop shows is AFTER the wolves had surrounded the officer"

"Nope, just your usual behavior from blacks when they don't get their way."

"Dreaming? This is the norm for blacks."

"Blacks behaving badly. Civilized people of all races are growing tired of this nonsense."

"You're asking more than most blacks are capable of!"

---

What a winner of a comment section. Urk.

Looked her up. Interesting person. (I'd say "loon," but the poor loons don't deserve the comparison. Plus, they're legitimately black and white.)

Anyone have any unedited footage of that second pool incident at Fairfield? I can't tell what's going on from the stuff that's been clearly edited to show only the stuffing and cuffing and not what led up to it. What I did see didn't seem as psychotic or excessive as the ninja in the first incident.

We need mandatory police body cameras nation-wide.  Mandatory cameras in all police cars.  The car cams need to be on, all the time.  Body cams need to be on any time they respond to a call.

We need to get rid of the worst 5% of police officers.  Fire them, make sure they can't get a job in law enforcement again.  Some of these guys don't have the self control to be night security guards.

I'm perfectly fine with a cop using force if the situation warrants it.  What we are seeing here are a lot of instances where the situation doesn't warrant it, and cops are using force anyway.  That's got to stop.

The good news in this, if you can think of it this way, is that this sort of thing used to happen all the time, and no one ever knew about it.  People just believed the police officer every time.  Now people are becoming aware of it, and that's the first step to fixing the problem.

"The civil rights movement isn't going to move until they learn to train their animals better."

"Cops are so sick of dealing with black behavior, they're frustrated."

"What they don't admit is that the video the good Bishop shows is AFTER the wolves had surrounded the officer"

"Nope, just your usual behavior from blacks when they don't get their way."

"Dreaming? This is the norm for blacks."

"Blacks behaving badly. Civilized people of all races are growing tired of this nonsense."

"You're asking more than most blacks are capable of!"

---

What a winner of a comment section. Urk.

Those comments support my theory that redneck Americans only have, at most, 5 IQ points between the lot of them.

Those comments support my theory that redneck Americans only have, at most, 5 IQ points between the lot of them.

Depending on your definition of rednecks, that may not be fair. Sadly, there are a lot of twits who say much the same who are 'city dwelling never been on a tractor or a pick up truck' scumballs. 

I know some guys who consider themselves rednecks who would be the first to stand up to circle around a young woman to protect her even from cops . of course, as most of said rednecks are white, they might actually live if they tried.

And they cannot scrape together more then 5 IQ points between them.  :nya: After all if they were actually smart, they wouldn't think that way.

Well, you won't get an argument from me that every group or region has people who metaphorically seem so dumb they actually create intellectual black holes where thought itself cannot escape.