WWYCD?: Halloween From Hell 2015

Marcus Impudite

(Happy Halloween to all WWYCD readers.)

Once again, it's Halloween night. As usual, kids are out trick or treating, some people are having costume parties, and some houses are getting egged or TPed. As the midnight hour is close at hand, a strange green mist is blanketing Campaign City, and people in monster costumes are suddenly being transformed into actual monsters. The city is now being overrun with vampires, mummies, zombies, werewolves, demons, and assorted other creatures of darkness.

WWYCD?

For those who trace the mist to its source, you find it coming out of a large, black cauldron surrounded by people in traditional evil cultist garb.

My teams tend to be built around a Masked Crimefighter, a Powerhouse and a (part-time) Mystic. Plus a sidekick or three (teen subteam).

The Powerhouse (think Superman, Flash, Green Lantern) would attempt to contain the monsters.

The Crimefighter would try to trace the source of the problem.

The Mystic would show up, lead the Crimefighter to the source, and team up with him or her to deal with it.

The Sidekick(s) would help with the containment.

Mmm, some of my characters might be at a costume party and be among those taken over. Yikes.

Doctor Sanguine is a mystic. Halloween/Samhain is a working night for him, for the veils are thinnest. With his ability to determine magical effects and counter them, he's the right guy to go help subdue without harming the victims then find the source of the trouble and end it.

Aquatic would play damage control, and yes, with kid gloves.

Stormwalker: Create updrafts over the whole city drawing the mist up into the upper atmosphere and sucking clean air in from around the city. Upon finding the cauldron: "I can't be agreen' with this, you've mist the point of the holy day" and proceeds to summon rain to douse the fire then looks for a lid to the pot, dealing with any cultic resistance appropriately "You think you scare me? You should see my grandma. You should see my Dad. In fact, _I_ should see my Dad, but...drop that athame before someone gets hurt. See what I mean? now you got hurt..." 

Lucius Alexander

Is this a real palindromedary or someone who was wearing a palindromedary costume?

Well...Iron Maiden and the Black Knight would have no idea anything was happening, most likely. They'd be at a party. The sort of party that involves no costumes (or clothing) of any kind, if you get my drift. Until and unless someone got the news on their phone, they'd be ignorant of the problem. Once they knew there was a problem, they'd start corralling the monsters and protecting the innocent, but unless the source of the mist was obvious (something they could trail to its origin) they wouldn't be much use in finding the cultists.

Black Mask and/or Raven (different versions of the same reality-twisting martial artist) would be rescuing innocents and subduing/capturing "monsters" while searching for the ultimate cause.

Silverstreak would search for the source of the mist. As a speedster, it shouldn't take her long, even accounting for time out to rescue victims from imminent peril.

Hell's Angel would do likewise, searching from the air. She'd also see if the "mist" was flammable.

Doctor Science would very quickly track the spread of the mist to its origin point using her access to networked surveillance cameras and/or orbital surveillance, and let the other heroes know what she's learned so they can "handle" the cultists ASAP.

Quazar - Since the "monsters" are actually normal citizens transformed into creatures, he would try to contain the monsters using his force beams on low power settings.

Shadowhunter - A fist fight with vampires, werewolves and zombies?  Sounds like just another Friday night in the gutters & alleys of Campaign City...

Mystica - She would hunt down the person or persons operating the ritual.  Once she found them, and she would, things would not go well, since this is kinda one of her buttons.  "Who DARES summon Eldrich Horrors in MY city?  FOOLS!  Did it mean nothing to you that the demons feared to replay to your summons?  ENOUGH!  Now know the wrath of MYSTICA!!!!"  Then the 4d6 RKAs would start to fly.