Hi, this was a fail. Don't look at this

Fail is an integrated sum of continuous-over-time fail.  The distribution of fail has a time dependence weak enough that individual massive fail episodes can't overwhelm the day-to-day accumulation.

If you failed to understand that, I failed to explain it, and that is in accordance with the general fail here.

Well, I would have preferred to depict the integral mathematically and derive the slope of the differential fail accumulation function, but I succeeded at that fail, which is something of a meta-fail, because the point of the thread is meta-fail and I succeeded, and that means I generated an essential singularity in the fail field here.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Speaking of Fail....

The Athletics Department has called the Core Curriculum office four days running trying to get some athlete out of some class they don't want to take, with a rotation of remarkably lame excuses.  The outgoing director (her term ends the 30th) has been enjoying telling them No, and the next guy up the ladder, the outgoing interim provost whose term also ends on the 30th, has been steadfast in saying he sees no reason to override that judgment.

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2018 at 1:05 PM, Lawnmower Boy said:

That's where I make my gin!

On 5/15/2018 at 1:18 PM, L. Marcus said:

Why?

On 5/15/2018 at 1:21 PM, Cancer said:

Because he doesn't use it for anything else!!

Besides, the commode was full.

I dare you to say that wasn't a multi-level fail.

• 5 months later...

Be where the (nominal) Sun is on one of the solstices.

Given that the astrological signs are not coupled to the actual position of the Sun on the signs' nominal dates, it gets contorted.  The easiest way to imagine it is ... think back on how things were about 4000 years ago, and then pretend precession doesn't happen (so that the Sun really does appear in Aries on the March equinox).