A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

It would be nice if some people didn't post things with the express purpose of starting arguments and flame wars.

If you're that dissatisfied with the country, go out and do something about it instead of smugly, self-righteously and confrontationally pointing fingers while sitting in your parents' basement.

Sad thing is, people will respond to the troll. :mad::(

Guest joen00b

I was thinking today....

If a HUGE earthquake came along and dropped California into the Ocean, who would film all the Made For TV movies about the catastrophe that would most certainly follow?

You would think that after being answered three times in English, the Spanish speaker would stop calling my cell phone. :rolleyes:

I have now turned off the phone after 20 calls. (I stopped answering at five)

At least I think it's spanish, though saying what I think was "I don't understand Spanish" didn't seem to work

The Perfect Bite

Today I was snacking on lunch and came upon a single bite that was the perfect medley of ingredients such that it was extraordinarily good. Unfortunataly, by the next bite it was back to the same blandness I am used to. While great to have a taste senstation, its a bit frustrating when eating to find that perfect mix of ingredients for only a single bite, while the rest of the meal does not compare.

It's blizzard-like outside (and we're not used to that here) but for some reason our company was pretty adamant yesterday about people trying to get in, unusually adamant considering they're usually so lax. So I suspect we'll still have a good number of people around today, even though it is clearly already a quieter day than the norm. So here I sit.

I figure I'll leave sometime early afternoon if it keeps up as expected, by then it'll be freezing rain or sleet (although if it stays just a couple degrees lower than the expected high at 32 degrees it'll be still snowing, and a LOT of snow if it doesn't change over). I don't want to deal with leaving here at 4 or 5 PM and fighting my way through much-delayed/messed up public transportation.