A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Why do "potential" vendors that I don't work with and have no intention of doing so send those typical lame corporate Christmas cards? Does anyone in their organization REALLY believe that I'm going to go, "OH! Geez, I feel bad about not talking ot these guys! Now I'll call them and accept their services! After all, they care so much for me!"

:rolleyes:

Well, I finally weighed myself. First time since I was 22 or 23. I actually weight less than I did then. I'm between 150 and 155 (I'm 5'6" - the scale is a bit off). That puts me within 8-13 pounds of the so-called "ideal" as far as I could tell (106 pounds for the first 5 feet of height, 6 pounds per inch after). Given you're "supposed" to be within 10%, I'm basically in the range to say I am now height-weight proportionate. (Though I'm not muscular so there's still a little flab I'd really like to get away from).

I've lost at least 40 pounds, maybe more, from my highest weight (not sure as I never weighted myself, but I know from doctor office visits, even when I tried not to look, it was over 180 for sure and I know I weighed a good bit more at one point than my weight at the doctor's).

I couldn't help it, I had to find out. I knew it'd be good news, that's nice.

On the other hand, I am sort of tired of people I don't see often saying, "WOW, you've lost SO MUCH weight!" I feel like I was a big fat slob - well that is how I felt then anyway. I appreciate their support, though.

Well, after almost eight years in a blessed bureaucratic Limbo the Air Force remembered me again . . . I´ve gotta give the Defence five precious summer days come June.

I wouldn´t mind if we got to do something fun, like shooting practice or going bivouacing, but it seems to be leaning towards classroom time -- in summer. *reches* :mad:

But on the other hand . . . I´m the Man with the Star; call me Sarge . . . :cool::P

What the f@#k is wrong with service in this nation? No wonder we're worried about being relegated to the service industry - we SUCK at it.

(I gues this isn't a muse, this is a vent...)

I take this cab tonight, the whole time the cabbie's on his cell phone, doesn't pay attention to my instruction, I am BOILING mad. No tip for him. Then we got into a verbal altercation because when I slammed the door (okay, childish) he asked what the matter was, I said, "Nothing, I just hope you enjoyed your important cell phone call." Then he called ME a jerk or something, so I called him an asshole, blah blah blah. I know, childish. Impotent rage is more like it. Anyway, I called his cab company and mentioned to them that obviously he had very important cell phone business.

Bah.

What is the whole cultural mass psychosis with Paris Hilton all about? Does anybody really think that this quasi anorexic, overindulged, shallow airhead is hot???

I saw a segment of those two twits in "Simple Life" on the freaking tube and all I could think of was many blessings on D-Man for having the good sense not to own one of the vile artifices.

Maybe we are are entering another Dark Age.:mad: