A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

There is a broken chair in our office.

Someone put a sign on it that says

Chair of Death. Do not sit!

I opened my word processing program, found a calligraphy like font, and made a sign that said

Siege Perilous.

Then one that said

This seat reserved for

Sir Lancelot or Sir Galahad

By order of: Merlin

Under penalty of: Death

No, I didn't put the signs on the chair. What would be the point? I'd be the only one to get the joke.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says there is an error here.

I knew we were going to be short staffed today. One of us on vacation, one of us in training.

Then the other shoe fell. One of us is sick.

And then a third shoe (I know! How many shoes do we have?), on of us lost her grandfather last night. So we're now puttering at half power and supposed to be making a lot of telephone calls to set up appointments for our Co-Workers.

There's a show on Food Network called Glutton for Punishment. The guy who does the show is a little odd. (He is also known as The Surreal Gourmet on a show in Canada.) It's not really a great show, but I saw the info on the guide and decided to watch.

In five days he trained to cut, serve and eat the deadly fugu, the poisonous blowfish that is so highly prized ion Japan. I've always wondered which part was dangerous and why it is so difficult to prepare? Deadly poison: the liver. And the brains. And the skin, the blood, the spleen, the lungs, all of the organs... holy crap! Who the hell was so stubborn that he saw all of his friends die and was determined to find a way to eat this damn fish? It's not even legal to import unprepared fugu in North America. Fascinating.

And yes, if I were in Japan I think I'd have to try it.