A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

I'm so sick of being sick. This is the second time in three weeks that I've had to violently throw up. In between, I had a cold. Much as I would like to go home early, the whole shaking and in pain kinda sours the deal for me.

I don't know what's going on. I almost never miss work due to illness. Now I've missed it three weeks in a row.

I think I'm allergic to work.

My Hair Cut (reposted on my blog)

As I walk to the hair cut store finishing the last bite of banana in my mouth, the counter lady asks my name:

"Barry"

"David..."

"No, Barry" (still having banana in my mouth)

"Ok Darrin..."

me: :rolleyes: *goes with the flow*

I'm thinking that maybe I'm in a Month Python skit or in a Bewitched episode.

Afterwards, I paid by credit card, (you know, it has my name on it) and I get the receipt, and it had the name "Darenn" on it. The thing that got to me was the unusual spelling, a double "n".

So next time I got, I'm thinking of using "Darenn" as an assumed name for all my hair cuts.

Another nightmare last night. Dreamt I was fired. In the dream, I felt both relieved and panicked. I woke myself calculating how long I could survive without a job, and thought, "Well, at least I don't have to work in the morning," as I struggled to get back to sleep.

Ah, if only.

On a related note, I had to put up a sign yesterday, reading: "DO NOT put magnets on the CPU. They can scramble the hard drive."

After I thought I'd fixed the problem.

Had lunch with an old friend today. We haven't seen each other in a year and a half. We used to work together at LM. Had a really nice chat. She was telling me about how all these different people we knew at LM had been hooking up -- "Oh, you didn't know that Person X was sleeping with Person Y?" etc.

After hearing about three or four of these hookups, I finally said, "Geez, was I the only person not getting any work-nookie while we were there?" She said, "Well, you and me both, I guess." So we decided to start telling everyone that we had been hooking up back then, too. Just so we wouldn't feel left out. ;)

I think I'm going to live. Dammit. The urge to purge is gone, but I'm still feeling weak. I should be able to eat something today, though.

Further thoughts about illness under a spoiler to save those of queasy stomach...

The last time I had the stomach flu (about this time last year, coincidentally enough) I completely lost my appetite forever for certain foods that came up again and again. I still don't care for chicken anymore, and honey mustard is a "Hell no!" Until this week, that was the most disgusting few days of my life, from which I thought my bathroom would never recover.

This time was different. Instead of losing certain appetites, I find I crave new things. I want fruit. I never eat fruit! It's one of the biggest jokes in my family. I don't buy fresh fruit unless I need it for a recipe, like the apple pie contest last year. Now, I'm dying for some fruit. Apples and pineapple specifically. Also, I want a milkshake. Now, I'm not particularly against milkshakes, but I rarely crave them. Can't remember the last time I had one. Perhaps I should start looking into combining the two and get a fruit smoothie.

My bathroom has been designated a disaster area. I won't go into further details for fear of inducing a Cthulhuesque roll for sanity loss. When I move out I'm going to suggest to the manager that they condemn this apartment and never let living things in here again. :help:

:sick: