A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

So I found myself suddenly unemployed late last year and, with financial Armageddon imminent, applied to a large number of jobs over the next few months.  About 90, in fact.  I finally got picked up towards the beginning of the month, and it's a good job with good people, although I'm a bit underpaid.

So in the past couple of weeks I'm starting to hear from companies and governments I applied to back in December.  I'm being polite to these people and all, and following up even though bailing on a job after three weeks is not the kind of thing I want to have to put on a resume.  But what I really want to do is scream at them.  What the f_k were they doing while I was scrambling to find income and the bottom fell out of my savings?  Is this how well their organizations are run? 

Meanwhile the underpayment issue is already starting to nag.  You know, I can see what people with my qualifications are making on the west coast, and the Sound and the Bay Area seem to be especially overheated.  I did choose to live in a place that costs as much as San Jose and pays 2/3 as much, so I have no one to blame but myself.  But it still grates.

So I started a new character on Elder Scrolls: Skyrim and am playing a rogue. Usually I track down some vampires so I can become infected with Vampiris Sanguinis and can eventually become a child of the night as the powers mesh well with Theives and Assassins. I decided not to this time for the simple fact that I didn't want to mess around with the need to feed or daylight Nerfs to HP and Stamina.

I had just finished telling Aventus Arentino that Grellod the Good (who is very evil) was dead when I stumbled right into a fricking Vampire Attack. I not only managed to get infected but accidently killed a village (it was dark. So sue me!). Got sent to jail, broke my lockpick trying to get out of my cell, and had to serve my sentence.

By the time I got out of prison, I was a mother-fracking-vampire.

*sigh* I can't win for losing. And I don't feel like doing the damned quest to get cured so it looks like I'm gonna be a vampire again.

At least my Thief/Assassin/Vampire doesn't sparkle.

Frack Stepanie Meyers and while we're at it, frack Anne Rice too!

The Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills hated the official World Cup song by Pitbull so much he decided to do his own version. He roped in the latest boyband 5 Seconds of Summer and it is now available on Youtube. It is fairly generic so any team could be supported. And yes it is better than the Pitbull one. But then so is Leprosy.

Here is the link for the curious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrTP_pllUng