A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

I have a collection of "selfies" starting from the mid-nineties, when I started having to travel for work. I realized that I should take advantage of the free travel, so I made a point of seeking out local landmarks and scenery. To document my travels I took to taking quick self-portraits from arm's length with my Canon point and shoot, with the landmarks in the background.

I would get the funniest looks from people when I did that. Often people would come up and offer to take a picture for me, apparently assuming that I was too pathetic to have a friend or SO to travel with. Sometimes they were quite insistent. Today, to my amusement and annoyance, selfies are a thing.

Got lots of good pics though, like the one at the Albuquerque balloon festival. Anyone else been anywhere interesting?

A trial has collapsed over here of a popstar/celebrity. Apparantly a judge believes that the journalist that said the celebrity had tried to broker a drugs sale lied during his evidence. Said journalist is the infamous fake Shiekh. He has had this coming. So on the grounds that this hampered the trial, the case was thrown out. This is despite the fact that a fellow defendent had pleaded guilty to supplying the drug. Because of the journalist this had also to be dismissed.