A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

We got the biopsy results back on the tumor that the vet took out of Mage.

The lab says they can find no abnormal tissue.

The vet is on them to make sure they didn't screw up the tests.

We're trying to hope that it really is a benign tumor and that we won't have to look forward to losing Mage to cancer of one type or the other. Of course, that's no guarantee that he'll walk again, but I believe in the power of positive thinking.

Doc

OK, I'm watching the video for "Silver and Cold" from AFI.

(Great band, by the way.)

But in the video, you have this pretty-boy lead singer who's hanging on the bridge over a river, contemplating suicide. There's a flashback scene where he goes to a phone booth and calls his bandmates, who are in a pub (or the local equivalent; I think this was filmed in Prague). The bandmates run out frantically, grab a car, and dash like mad through cobblestone streets. Meanwhile, the singer throws his wristwatch in the river and prepares to dive. The band sees him as they're nearing the bridge, and making a turn they run smack into a military personnel vehicle, and they get blown up in the collision. At which point the singer looks over, picks up his stuff, gets off the bridge, and walks off the other way.

WHAT AN A$$HOLE!! :D

JG

Guest Skaramine

Since we're talking videos...

WTF is UP with these dumb video channels CENSORING out words?

Now... I'm not talking curse words like b-tch, f-ck, sh-t, and all that.

WHY are they censoring the words DRUGS and GUN?

One song - I Do It For The Drugs. It's not advocating drug use.

And Shinedown - Staring Down the Barrel of a .45. They BLIP the word BARREL for crissakes!

And don't get me frelling started on what they did to Moby's cover of Mission of Burma's That's When I Reach For My Revolver.

Frell ash pushies!

Guest Worldmaker

I've discovered a way to totally flummox a third party bill collector: answer all of their questions with "I'm sorry, but Federal Law forbids me from giving you that information without 's direct permission."

I am normally a slightly skeptical kind of guy. I believe in ghosts becaus I've seen them. UFOs probably exist. On the other hand, I think auras, healing stones, numerology, and tarot cards to be pure garbage.

That being said. My firm disbelief in reincarnation has decresed over time. I've had this reoccuring dream, that's very realistic, for may years, and it seems so strangely familiar. It's familiar enough for me to look into this reincarnation thing a little.

Guest Skaramine

I was looking online for models to portray a friend of mine in a Secret Agent spy-girl game... and found Amy Fahdli. I liked her, I thought she was pretty, so looked her up at Perfectpeople.com or something.

Did you know that there was a 2002 Lobo Paramilitary Christmas Special that she acted in as Bunny Girl #2?

I'm done with cooking for other people.

I'm tired of going to the trouble of preparing food for the sake of feeding others AND THEN HAVING THEM REFUSE TO TOUCH IT. If they at least tried it and didn't like it, I could understand that. But to turn up your nose at something you haven't even tasted...

I'm not going through the aggrivation, or the massive amounts of left-overs, again.

Doc

Warning: This may offend some.

When strays are destroyed in a pound, the bodies are burned, right? What if instead of the meat going to waste, it was harvested from the carcass, canned, and stored as emergency food for third world countries? There are plenty of countries that eat cat and dog where this could help.

Been able to get up early most days this week. yay! Except for one bad night the night before I've been getting to work at ungodly hours. Though one reason I got up this morning was one of the cats leaped up onto the bed using me as a hoist. Not too much blood though all the cats ran downstairs due to the outcry. :cry: At least it didn't wake up Jenn since she didn't sleep last night. Though it sucks that she's been having a lot of insomnia again.

Guest Worldmaker

Speaking of absolutely amazingly well-done scenes from movies... the "conversation" in Grosse Point Blank, between Martin Blank and the baby during the high school reunion, where they are both kind of staring at each other is... I dunno... uplifting, somehow.

Anyway, that one scene would make the entire movie worth watching, even if the rest of it weren't a ferociously clever black comedy.

An appeal for help

I am trying to get pictures of the Dirty Pair, the Japanese Anime featuring the two troubleshooters of the WWWA, Kei and Yuri. I have got some from Google but not the ideal ones. So can anyone provide pictures or direct me to a website that has them under these conditions.

(1) Picture must be from head to toe preferably in WWWA uniform.

(2) Picture must be postable on the boards (I have seen plenty of ''questionable" pics)

(3) Picture must not be Dirty Pair Flash which shows different hair styles and a sword as a main weapon.

(4) Picture would preferably show them using armament. The small handguns are ok as are the heavy artillery they sometimes use.

(5) Picture should be of a front view or slight front view not of either girl from behind.

(6) Picture can be of both together or either one on their own.

I have some episodes on DVD but can't screen capture anything and don't have access to the films.

We got a call from the vet yesterday.

They contacted the lab that they sent Mage's biopsy to. The lab examined every bit of the sample that they recieved. The lab reports that they were "unable to find any anomalies". We're interpreting this as "the tumor was benign".

Now we just need to re-habilitate him and teach him how to walk again.

Doc