2018 World Cup

Cancer

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three of the four South American teams are in the same bracket.

We could end up with an all Europe final.

Five previous winners are still in.

IF we beat Colombia then we could have Sweden. That would be a match and a half.

I am thinking Spain from the other side of the bracket.

Brazil I am thinking for one of the other brackets

The last bracket could be the surprise. I would like Portugal, France or Uruguay.

One thing that struck us with way it played out is Brazil vs Mexico could be one of the most exciting back and forth on the field games while Sweden vs Suitzerland could be one of the least exciting, as both teams have shown to play a 9 men on defense long ball style. I joked the game could be 20 (22 if count goalies) players kicking the ball back and forth on the field.

Prediction wise, I think you will end up in quarterfinals with France vs Portugal, Brazil vs Belgium (though I could see Ochoa stealing game for Mexico), Spain and Denmark meet and finally England vs Sweden. Probably France vs Brazil with France winning and Spain vs Sweden with maybe Sweden. so I predict 2 euros in final.

I don't think I've ever seen two teams try to lose a match quite as hard as England and Belgium. The manager's body language when his team scored seemed to indicate that he was not happy that his team was ahead. The result is that Belgium now has a nearly-insurmountable road to the final and England has a much better chance of getting through.

To lose is to win, and he who wins shall lose....

I haven't checked yet for my local TV schedule, so I don't know how many more matches I'll get to watch.  Not hard to do, but it can wait til tonight.  I won't see any tomorrow no matter what; we're driving somewhere in the morning.

10 minutes ago, L. Marcus said:

Uruguay vs Portugal is on. 36 minutes in, Uruguay in the lead with 1-0.

The Portuguese are being handled pretty rigorously by the South American side. Ronaldo and Messi both getting eliminated in the same day would be an indication that the guard may be changing for the future of world soccer.

Still 1-0 at halftime.