April Superdraft: Weird West

csyphrett

The Weird West

I feel like we have done a similar draft before but this draft is all about cowboy heroes versus monsters. Whether it's Jonah Hex versus the Walking Dead, or The Lone Ranger versus the Wolfman, this draft is all about cowboys versus monsters.

The draft will start on April 2 at 5pm Eastern Standard.

The first pick is location. The picks after this can come in any order.

One monster/eldritch abomination/ or fiend of your choice.

Five cowboys of your choice. Victorian heroes such as Sherlock Holmes may be picked, but nothing after 1900, and only published heroes set in the time period. Masked heroes are restricted to Zorro, the Lone Ranger, Two-Gun Kid etc 

Three options are there for special weapons, more monsters, more heroes or villains. 

I think that about does it.

CES  

57 minutes ago, Sociotard said:

May we have characters who have time-travelled to the period in canon? Marty McFly, assorted Star Trek crews, etc.

If you want to option those, I guess that would be okay. I don't remember any crews from star trek, but Marty McFly and Doc Brown would be at the edge of that.

CES  

23 hours ago, Doc Shadow said:
On 3/27/2018 at 1:23 PM, csyphrett said:

The draft will start on April 2 at 5pm Eastern Standard.

Eastern Standard you say. So 4pm Eastern Daylight. Is that what you meant?

We're on Daylight Savings Time now, csyphrett.  So once again, is this what you meant? Is it 4 or 5?

@Sociotard If you want to do do time travelers, they have to be either the villains, or an option for your team. Your main team should be regular cowboys.

@Badger  I will allow heroes that operate in this time period such as Guns Blaze West, or Kung Fu, or Burt Gummer's grandfather, but not John Wick.

@Pattern Ghost  Since a lot of monsters can slotted in they don't ideally have to be Victorian, like Grabboids and Chutulu are the basis of pulp and modern horror, but they are used in the old west also. Plus there are already mythological monsters present.

Remember Monday, April 2, Five PM my time is the start. That's a whole weekend for you guys to come up with something.   

CES    

1 minute ago, clnicholsusa said:

It's The Weird West, but the first pick is location. I don't believe in stretching, too much, but perhaps restrictions on the size and specificity of the location are needed.

I mean, it could truly be called 'The Weird West' if the cowboys and monsters were in the West End.

The West End of what?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says that's kind of the point - could be the West End of anything.

6 hours ago, clnicholsusa said:

It's The Weird West, but the first pick is location. I don't believe in stretching, too much, but perhaps restrictions on the size and specificity of the location are needed.

I mean, it could truly be called 'The Weird West' if the cowboys and monsters were in the West End.

That's a good point. I assumed that everyone would know the area west of the Mississippi River just after the civil war was the target of the draft. Is that too restrictive?

CES  

6 hours ago, clnicholsusa said:

Really, I'm just trying to get away with the visual of having daleks chase John Wayne and Gabby Hayes through Piccadilly Circus.

Speaking of which, when you say monster would that be single creature or just a species?

A single creature but you can option minions

CES

3 hours ago, csyphrett said:

That's a good point. I assumed that everyone would know the area west of the Mississippi River just after the civil war was the target of the draft. Is that too restrictive?

CES  

I was hoping to use the Siberian setting from the Clair Huffaker Western, The Cowboy and the Cossack.

Lucius Alexander

Not planning to draft a palindromedary