June '18 Superdraft: A War for the Ages

Pariah

1 hour ago, Pariah said:

It seems to me that we had this conversation as part of another Superdraft and ultimately concluded that the Infinity Stones from MCU and the Infinity Gems from the comics were subtly different, different enough to be considered separate items. Anyone else remember that? Help meet out here.

In any case, given the nature of this specific draft, I'm inclined to allow both to be drafted separately as Options.

MCU Infinity Stones are different from the main Universe that inspired them in that they have a 'container'. Eg the Time Infinity Stone is contained in the Eye of Agamotto. The Orb that contains the Power Stone is not an existing item in the 616 universe that I'm aware. Plus the Soul Stone is "implemented" way different to the Soul Infinity Gem. 

Additionally, to me at least, the Infinity Stones resemble to a certain degree the 616 Cosmic Containment Units. 

If the Commisioner wanted to he could rule that the 616 Infinity Gem(s) rule out the identical Infinity Stone, but the Infinity Stone(s) doesn't rule out the corresponding Infinity Gem(s). In other words, it works one way, thus leaving other objects like Eye of Agamotto, Cosmic Cube still draftable. 

Eg: Draft the Space Infinity Gem and the Space Infinity Stone is unavailable. Draft the Space Infinity Stone and both the Space Infinity Gem & Comic Cube is still available. 

The Search for Ted

Ted was totally missing.

“Ted is totally missing, dude!”

Bill S. Preston, Esq. was worried. Ted ‘Theodore’ Logan missed band practice and he wasn’t answering his phone. Bill even picked up Ted’s favorite Chinese food, The Number 2. Ted never missed that. The situation was most bogus. “Ah, Ted, don't be dead, dude.”

Bill did the only thing he could think of: he took a time traveling phone booth and went to find his fellow Wyld Stallyn. The phone booth had recently been installed with a facial recognition… it’s complicated. Bill just told it to go find Ted. “Go find Ted, operator babe.”

“Party on,” said the operator. The door to the booth shut and it went zipping through the time stream.

It stopped in a scary looking wasteland reminiscent of one of Bill’s album covers.

Bill could see Ted in the distance, but he was older, and his head was shaved in a most non-triumphant manner. “Ted!” Bill ran toward him. “You ok, dude?”

Neo, nee Thomas Anderson, stared at the strange young man. Was this real? He wasn’t in the Matrix anymore, or so he thought. “I don’t know who you are, or who Ted is. But I warn you, I know kung fu.”

“Excellent!” Bill played a riff on his air guitar. He began to doubt when Ted didn’t join him in it. “Come on, dude.”

“I’m not Ted, I’m Neo, and… is that a phone booth?” Now he knew this wasn’t real. “Whoa.”

“It is you, Ted!” He pushed NeoTed into the phone booth and dialed for home.

To be continued…

The Search for Ted

Continues…

“The real Ted is totally still missing, NeoTed.” Neo grew to accept this weird nickname. For one thing, he couldn’t make Bill stop using it. For another, he really liked San Dimas. It was truly bodacious. So much better than the post apocalyptic hell-scape that he just left.

So, NeoTed agreed to help Bill find the real Ted. They climbed into phone booth. “Party on,” said the operator babe, and with a “whoa,” they were off once more into the timestream.     

This Ted was much older than NeoTed, but he had the hair. He was bleeding, however, which the real Ted almost never did. And he was holding a gun on Bill, something else Real Ted hardly ever did.

Bill might have explained, but NeoTed knows kung fu, and has a hair trigger. What ensued was a truly epic fight scene of most righteous proportions! I could try to describe it, but one can only write the word ‘radical’ so many times before it begins to lose all meaning and turn heinous. Lucky for Bill John Wick needed to disappear fast, and was willing to get in the phone booth to do it.

After some awesomely contrived dialogue, their new companion, WickTed (“Don’t fight it,” said NeoTed) was all in to help Bill find the real Ted. “Something is seriously wrong, dudes,” said Bill S. Preston, Esq. “Something is most totally odious. I think Ted is like totally in trouble.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Well, there’s the totally evil blood sucker chasing me. He’s tried to bite me like three times this week!”

“Who, that guy?” WickTed was confused. “I thought that was you.”

“I know! It’s like looking in a totally evil mirror!”

“Whoa,” said NeoTed.

The San Dimas Storyline continues with an option pick, evil sidekick Marko, the Lost Boy!   

c3353d21d7de275d76d2a42b3f79f0c6.jpg

The Trial of the Doctors...

There are certain moments in history all time travelers find themselves eventually, the launch of the first spaceship, the funeral of Stephen Hawking, the fracturing of the Moon, and the end of time. Some might argue that time as a construct does not end, only a universe or Dimension is however time for seeds on even if no one is there to perceive it. It is this puzzle that has brought our doctors together.

My Fifth Hero will be Cassandra Kresnov, artificially constructed humanoid (high-designation GI) by the Terran League for it's war with the Terran Federation - and post-war, defector to the Federation. From her period as part of SWAT on the planet Tanusha, post defection.

Purpose: Kicking Ass.