Ant-Man and the Wasp with spoilers

Bazza

1 hour ago, Starlord said:

...and yet, does anyone really believe the Pym's are dead?  Or, for that matter, Black Panther, the GotG, Spider-Man, etc?

No. Hope & Janet are listed in the cast for A4. 

Im mildly sad Hank isn't appearing in A4 as well as then we have the initial comic lineup from Avengers #1 on screen: Pym, Van Dyne, Stark, Banner & Thor. 

Just got back from seeing it.  Enjoyed it a lot, though now I have the song Come On, Get Happy running through my head.

I remember before the first Ant Man came out, a local DJ was dissing it, saying that shrinking was a "useless, stupid power."  I think this movie did an even better job than the first of proving how very wrong that thinking is. 

11 minutes ago, Matt the Bruins said:

I was biting my tongue to keep from yelling at the screen that if Hope had just kept her SUV shrunk down, Burch and his thugs never would have been able to find them to continue chasing, and even if Ghost had been she wouldn't be able to reach into a matchbox-sized van to make off with the shrunken lab.

I wondered about that, and it could have been better addressed. The one thing they demonstrated, but never made it super obvious or had someone explain it for the audience, is that while small, they can move really fast in a limited area and fly and such... they are a smaller scale and long distance movement is limited. A wasp may be fast and darting in a room, but it can't outrun a car, or travel very fast or far in comparable distances.  They showed that a lot, how long distances, normal cars and such would outrace them, so they couldn't stay shrunken and expect to make it out of the city. 

Granted, they just could have hidden until everyone was away, when small, and then left, but...

They might have tried, but IIRC they were had a pretty steep time limit, like 15 or 30 minutes or something, and none of the 3 pursuers (Ghost, Goggins (love him as an actor) or the FBI) were going to give up in that amount of time. And even being small, at least 2 of the 3 would have made a search a priority.

I enjoyed the movie up until the end credits sequence, which basically killed any good feeling I had toward it.  The tie in to Infinity War was not wanted and made the movie worse for me and I hope the Infinity War sequel wipes him from existence so the heroes can go back to fighting interesting villains instead of the great purple Turd from Titan.

Caveat:  I haven't seen Infinity War, but I've heard enough about it that I think I understood the AM/W end credits scene well enough. 

That said, the end credits scene didn't ruin the movie for me.  I think they could have handled it better -- maybe instead of showing the ashes just focus on the unattended microphone swinging in the breeze while Scott calls for them to bring him back, so you have a minor mystery as to what happened to the Pyms.  And in the other scene, don't show the TV, just the ant playing drums.  People might assume it all related to IW, but maybe not.

4 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Caveat:  I haven't seen Infinity War, but I've heard enough about it that I think I understood the AM/W end credits scene well enough. 

That said, the end credits scene didn't ruin the movie for me.  I think they could have handled it better -- maybe instead of showing the ashes just focus on the unattended microphone swinging in the breeze while Scott calls for them to bring him back, so you have a minor mystery as to what happened to the Pyms.  And in the other scene, don't show the TV, just the ant playing drums.  People might assume it all related to IW, but maybe not.

I was miffed enough about the Pym dusting scene, that I left before the second post-credit scene. What was it?

9 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

This.  As shot, the post-credits scene is a real downer compared to the rest of the film.  A more mysterious or cliffhanger end credits scene would have been better.

14 hours ago, RDU Neil said:

I was miffed enough about the Pym dusting scene, that I left before the second post-credit scene. What was it?

The scene started showing Scott's TV with the Emergency Alert System colored stripes and irritating tone, with drums playing in the background, and then the camera moved down the hall to show the ant playing the drums. 

I finally got out to see it today. Weirdest moment: as the climax is building up, Pym is about to dive, Hope says I can't lose both of you... there's a blackout in the movie theater. For a brief moment, it looked like it was planned. The timing was too perfect.

I'm glad I didn't read any spoilers; that mid credits scene got me good. ?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to this last week. Loved it. Just loads of fun.

A really good caper movie. I'll distinguish a caper movie from a heist movie by saying that (in this caper movie at least) the heroes didn't start the stealing of things, they were trying to get their property back. Shenanigans ensued.

Loved the whole cast, but special props to supporting characters Luiz and Agent Woo. They both cracked me up.

And yeah, I gotta say that the drama was effective because it came from natural places for the characters. Even the brand new characters we'd not seen before such as Ghost and Foster gave us good, believable motives. The action sequences then flowed nicely out this dramatic conflict.

I also saw it in close proximity to Incredibles 2. I liked both but preferred Antman & Wasp.

When watching Incredibles there was the cutest goings on in the theatre. Every time Jack Jack didn't something awesome I could a little  voice, I'm guessing it belongs to someone about 2-3 years old, burst out in hysterical giggles. So cute.