College Football 2018-19

Pariah

13 hours ago, Pariah said:

There was also the year that the BC$ 'Championship' was a rematch of a regular season $EC game that ended 9-6, as I recall.

Yeah, that was one of the ones I counted, LSU beats Alabama, so they got the bright idea to make the national championship LSU vs Alabama.  Should have been LSU vs Oklahoma St (I think).  Probably would have been a typical SEC routing, but at least deserved.   In fact losing to LSU was the best thing for Alabama, since they didn't have to risk injury in the meaningless SEC championship.  It was like the NFL playoffs if you gave the wildcards the week off, and made the division winners play.

2 hours ago, Iuz the Evil said:

No, no it was not.

If that doesn't get Mike Stoops fired I do not know what will.

I'm so angry I need to leave my house so I don't break my television.

#firemikestoops is trending on twitter

Come down from the ledge, it isn't worth it.

What I find so funny is that aside from some time-related cultural references, Iuz's references to Texas football are pretty much perfect mirror images of the references to Oklahoma football that I saw when I lived in Austin 1978-86.  Far more invocations of "Communist" back then, but that too is a time-related cultural reference.

13 hours ago, Iuz the Evil said:

No hangover. But three different recruiting sites (Hale, 24/7, Rivals) are reporting Mike Stoops is fired.

giphy(4).gif.b33cf280f6aebe1c7ffcb6b555f136c9.gif

I don't want to say that losing to Texas was worth it.  Because Texas sucks and I never want to lose to them ever.

Let's just say that overall my weekend was a good one.  Despite the home repairs that are necessary after Saturday's loss.

'sokay.  It's much more fun to watch expectations grow and grow, only to be blasted apart.  WAY more fun kicking someone just as they think they'll make it to the top, than when they're groveling in the mud.  Let them taste success THEN send them back down to where they belong.

Can't be considered a surprise Stoops got booted.  Sooner D has been really horrid, and now of course there's a new-ish HC with less of a vested interest.  And some of the numbers in that CBS Sports story are scary...40+% 3rd down conversion rate, HORRENDOUS red zone scoring and TD rates.  So it's bend AND break.

A Los Angeles judge has found the "show cause" clause in the NCAA disciplinary bylaws is illegal -- at least in California. His reasoning is that California law prohibits "unlawful restraint on engaging in a lawful profession". In this case, it involved a lawsuit brought by a USC assistant football coach whose college career was ruined due to his purported role in the Reggie Bush agent scandal of the early 2000's.

The Pac-12 filed a comment against the coach's case in the suit, on the grounds that college sports in California is in jeopardy if they cannot follow the same NCAA rules everyone else does. The judge dismissed their complaints as "speculative". However, the NCAA and its very deep pockets are appealing the decision.