The Great Super Villain Contest (2.0)

quozaxx

Enemies II (1e? 2e?)

Black Paladin (updated in Classic Enemies)

Bulldozer - a perfect minion/stooge for a group attack (updated in Classic Enemies)

Death Commando - merc in a low-powered battlesuit, often part of the Destroyers a low-powered villain group

Eurostar - a very high-powered villain group (updated in Classic Enemies)

Foxbat (updated in Classic Enemies)

Terror, Inc. - a medium power villain group (updated in Classic Enemies)

56 minutes ago, quozaxx said:

I just found Panda and Raccoon. 

2 x Stun and Body from bullets????

Seriously?

Ahhh... the good old days of 1E Champions.

My namesake (Bolo) was Hunted by Firewing, and had Vulnerability to Fire attacks as well as Explosions.  Bolo once got one-shot KO'd by an agent of Firewing;s who threw a relatively low-powered Explosive Fireball. 

Good times, good times...

7 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Ahhh... the good old days of 1E Champions.

My namesake (Bolo) was Hunted by Firewing, and had Vulnerability to Fire attacks as well as Explosions.  Bolo once got one-shot KO'd by an agent of Firewing;s who threw a relatively low-powered Explosive Fireball. 

Good times, good times...

Wait!  YOu are telling me Firewing had a vulnerability to... Fire????   

LOL, Are you serious?

1 hour ago, quozaxx said:

Wait!  YOu are telling me Firewing had a vulnerability to... Fire????   

LOL, Are you serious?

No. BOLO (the Player Character) had a vulnerability to fire.

This was back in the day when the more messed up disadvantaged you were, the more powerful you could be.

I remember when I tried to pay for a 750pt demon hunter by having her be hunted by various Demons, Demon Cults, and DEMON (this was CHAMPIONS 3rd ed, where after the first two like disads, all disads of the same type got you half points). 

Enemies III (2e? 3e?)

Power Crusher - Multipower of transferring (Drain/Aid) various characteristics. Very unlucky. Loves to fight and toy with opponents. (updated in Classic Enemies)

Stronghammer the Dwarf - Basically a high-end Fantasy Hero dwarf warrior with magic gear who was stranded on Earth and thinks heroes are demons of some sort.

The Jabberock - disfigured martial artist with uncontrolled continuing RKA. 60 CON so he's hard to put down. Driven to be best villain ever.

The Earthmaster - brick with a versatile earth-themed multipower. Megalomaniac. (updated in Classic Enemies)

Mechassassin - power armor merc. (updated in Classic Enemies)

The Buffalo - stupid brick. Poor eyesight. Unlucky. Perfect for someone to manipulate him to be a mindless distraction but too dumb to be a reliable minion.

Aerion - high-power. Air-themed, mostly ranged blasts, force field, and TK but can enhance his own STR as well. Overconfident.

Classic Enemies (4e)

Dreadnought - an armored suit which slowly kills it's user who is usually some overconfident low-level thug with delusions of grandeur. Maybe he gets into the contest hoping the prize will both cure him and let him keep the suit.

The Ultimates are too smart to get seriously into the contest but I could see Blackstar making a try for it, maybe partnering with Slick.

Blackstar - multipower Density Increase and Desolid. 38 CON. 1d6 Unluck. Loves to fight.

Slick - Entangles and Running. Overconfident surfer dude who uses recreational drugs. 2d6 Unluck.

Enemies for Hire (4e)

Armstrong - Mutant. 2d6 AP RKA no range, no KB. Transform someone into a cripple. Professional bodyguard. Loyal.

Maul - brick possessed by powerful alien weapon (a maul). Overconfident and greedy for gold. 3d6 Unluck.

Sundown - Light/dark-themed energy projector. Believes his own propaganda about how great he is. Hates people in uniforms. Often hired by VIPER.

Vector - Supersuit gives him EB, Force Wall, Flight, and Forcefield. Often works for organized crime figures.

2 minutes ago, quozaxx said:

I'll have to see if I can find Stonghammer for another plot.  

Cue devious laughter 

Ah, Stronghammer. Not exactly "evil", but considering that his idea of fun is to go into deep dark holes and steal things and kill the owners...ok, he is evil.

Enemies the International File (3e)

Death Knell - OIF sonic multipower with EB, explosion NND, and hypnotic Mind Control. Overconfident. Deaf. Likes to kill.

Dervish - A whirling dervish with a very versatile multipower. Also Missile Deflection and Darkness centered on him while whirling: he uses sonar.

High Voltage - OIF regulators give him a multipower, without those he only has a 2d6 RKA which is uncontrolled continuous. Overconfident and insane.

European Enemies (4e)

Chromedome - low-level brick with Density Increase, Damage Reduction, Life Support. A bigot who "Loves to Beat People to a Bloody Pulp".

Marauder - low-level power armor which she enhances through Martial Arts and a ton of skills. Thrillseeker and a killer.

Doppleganger - A Mr. Fantastic knockoff but with crime-oriented skills rather than sciences.

Spector - A Cable knockoff but with Desolid rather than time travel. Still has Teleport.

White Rose - A Yellowjacket knockoff with spy skills rather than sciences. Hates Americans. Usually works for Bulgarian government...what if some government wanted to win the prize?

Red Doom (3e)

No one.

Scourge from the Deep (3e?)

Shark - Transform person into a small shark, which is quite debilitating on land. AoE Mind Control over sharks. HKA. Likes to kill.

Killer Whale - Brick with always on Growth and Density Increase. Life Support, Swimming, Sonar. Treats villainy as a game.

Alien Enemies (4e)

The Infinite Man - Very high power. Cosmic power pool. Amnesiac who can't decide between good and evil. He has a Code vs Killing but note that rounds 1 and 2 of the Contest doesn't require killing. The sponsor of the Contest could easily leave out the detail that the final round is a fight to the death in order to deceive more villains into participating.

Mercury - low-level speedster who likes to take risks and taunt heroes. 35 DEX 7 SPD.

Mars - brick with EB and AoE Mind Control which makes people angry.

I love that old module.  I would use a lot of my old and new homemade villains, mostly.

Dr. Karate, Jitterbug, Little Sister Sadness, Atomic Viper, Mad-Dog, Leather Apron, Nunchunk, Goldmark, Black Gnat, Birdbrain, Televillain, etc.

Then I'd spice up the list with some of my villainous characters from City of Villains and Champions Online

- The Living Prometheus, Crimson Kodiak, Kid Scorpio, Dr. Unnatural, Martin Thornbloom, Sharkzarro, Zeta Zenturion, etc.

12 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Don't go with the Infinite Man as a contestant. He's more powerful than 95% of the DOJ-era Champions supervillains; and that's saying something. He'd completely dominate the competition.

Now, as a possible substitute for the Crimson Claw? That could be interesting.

Can anyone answer "Why is friday?" That is why Infinite Man would make a bad contestant but a good substitute for old Crimson Claw. He has a built in reason to run the contest (satifie his curiosity). But no reason to be a contestant (he needs no extra power for anything).