Any amusing Black Friday purchases?

unclevlad

My wife has grounded me from physically going to stores starting last Wednesday until after I get vaccinated and it has time to take effect.

I looked at some ads but didn't see anything I wanted, much less needed.

I want Battletech off of Steam. But I think it will be one of those games I play for three hours then never touch again, which means it is far too expensive, or will be one of those games I'll disappear into for ten months and people will assume I'm dead or have been captured by aliens. Neither option is particularly good for me. :) 

I'm hoping for better luck on Cyber-Monday. 

The Pandemic boardgame was over half off, got a couple of those and will figure out who to give them to later.

Came across some great deals on cookies and Lego so I bought them for myself.  Otherwise nothing super amusing.

I still use wireddeals.com for Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale monitoring.  It won't catch every sale on the internet but it's a good aggregator.

10 hours ago, Ternaugh said:

Big puppy there at 44 mm.  If you've never had a solar watch, note that it may take a while to charge up enough to start running if it isn't right now.

I did a "**** it, why not" watch buy late last night:

https://www.hamiltonwatch.com/en-us/h69449861-khaki-field.html

Don't need it;  got plenty of watches, even have a field watch from a Kickstarter project that'll probably arrive in the next few weeks.  

3 hours ago, unclevlad said:

Big puppy there at 44 mm.  If you've never had a solar watch, note that it may take a while to charge up enough to start running if it isn't right now.

I did a "**** it, why not" watch buy late last night:

https://www.hamiltonwatch.com/en-us/h69449861-khaki-field.html

Don't need it;  got plenty of watches, even have a field watch from a Kickstarter project that'll probably arrive in the next few weeks.  

I'm well beyond the point of needing a watch. This was my first Seiko solar, and it was marked over 40% off when I bought it. It's the 9th watch that I own that's solar, with the oldest being a titanium Eco-Drive from 1998 that still works beautifully. 

31 minutes ago, Ternaugh said:

I'm well beyond the point of needing a watch. This was my first Seiko solar, and it was marked over 40% off when I bought it. It's the 9th watch that I own that's solar, with the oldest being a titanium Eco-Drive from 1998 that still works beautifully. 

Not bad...but I kinda wish you hadn't mentioned that, cuz it made me count......

11........  Yeah.  Just a little lack of control.  With one more on the wish list, but the Citizen Caliber 0100's need to drop *a lot* to become reasonable. 

6 hours ago, unclevlad said:

Not bad...but I kinda wish you hadn't mentioned that, cuz it made me count......

11........  Yeah.  Just a little lack of control.  With one more on the wish list, but the Citizen Caliber 0100's need to drop *a lot* to become reasonable. 

My sights are set a bit lower:  https://www.citizenwatch.com/us/en/product/CA4439-07W.html