Minutemen - Robots

HeroGM

Ahab was a Doctor who used to with Excalibur. During an interview with a mutant the defense system activated cutting off his arm and leg. IN Days of Future whatever he used controlled mutants as Hounds (Rachel Summers being one).

Bastion was Nimrod and Master Mold merged after going through the Siege Perilous and turned human (more or less).

The last Sentinel (from X-Men: Gold) is a group of nanites who merged with the Sentinel programming to hunt mutants.

The design to make it a long shore man. Who the F* knows. I go more with Adams' and Byrne's versions

------------------------

I'd go more for 20-40ft personally. Should be big enough to grab someone in it's hand or keep in it's torso.

The normal Minutemen should be about 20-40 feet tall.

The Revear units come from the future and are about 10 feet tall. The first one had Earth related powers. The second o e had water related powers. The third one has yet to appear but is rumored to have air related powers. They are also refered to as "The Midnight Riders".

Rooks are said to be the second generation Minutemen robots, about 25 feet tall. Rumor has it that there only six in existence (two black units, two white units, and two red units). Rumor has it they are part of "Project Genocide".

Coats are Minutemen units from the future who are able to disguise themselves as humans. There have been recorded "Bluecoat" units (blue armored units), "Redcoat" units (red armored units) and "Turncoat" units (red and blue armored units). They are able to track mutants.

The Minuteman robot used by the Institute for Human Advancement, for the current official setting, is around 10' tall per its write-up in the Fifth Edition version of Champions Universe, the only place where it's been game-statted and drawn. The character sheet for Fourth Edition Genocide's version of the Minuteman Mark VII, from The Mutant File, lists its height from Growth at 16 meters, but the accompanying text claims it's over a hundred feet tall. I would choose the shorter height as the taller is limitingly unwieldy for many scenarios. It was also too powerful as written for how I wanted to use Genocide in my games. I was good with the 5E robot as my template because it's powerful enough to threaten standard superheroes, and can get into most places easily.

However, if you wanted a true Sentinel-level threat to the world, TMF's Minutemen should be more than adequate for nearly any campaign.

29 minutes ago, HeroGM said:

2020-05-03_114118_IMG_0203-650.jpg.13ddea4c8edf419e8bf6818859f1249a.jpg

That’s classic John Byrne for ‘ya.  One splash page and I’m dying to read the whole thing...in color.  From the art style, costumes and line-ups I’d guess this to be from somewhere in the late ‘70’s/early ‘80’s. 

On 1/28/2021 at 9:07 PM, HeroGM said:

X-Men Elsewhen, a fanfic that he has been doing on his website for two years or so. 18 issues are out now.

What if he had continued the X-Men (his version at least) and not left when he did. Oh and Jean Grey is still alive.

I’d hate to get in to it with someone who so obviously is a fan of John Byrne’s work.
    So let me just say that in my VERY humble personal opinion Mr.’s Claremont, Byrne & Austin’s work together on X-Men was superior to the work they went on to produce separately.  I believe that together they compensated for weaknesses in each other’s styles.

This is not to say their individual work was in anyway lacking.  They were simply three great tastes that were even better together.    Ice Cream...Good, Chocolate Sauce...Good, Whipped Cream...Good.   Combined they were the...The Hot Fudge Sundae of Comics!

On 1/28/2021 at 9:32 PM, Greywind said:

Jean Grey alive was a thing until editorial decided she needed to pay for killing a couple of stars and their solar systems.

Editorial my tired bum!   It was Jim Shooter’s singular personal call.

Yes, he was Editor in Chief.

I meant that the decision wasn’t made by an entire Editorial Department after a group discussion.  Shooter made the decision by Editorial fiat, which he was within his rights to do. But to require a completely new storyline on a moments notice after OK’ing the old one months before was kind of a d1#k move.

The original story was to be that the Shiar Empire took Jean Grey and gave her a psychic lobotomy completely removing all her psionic abilities.  During the next couple of years of stories she would have to adjust to the equivalent of being blinded and deafened while still trying to make a contribution to the team. In a storyline ending climax fight where the lives of the team were at stake her powers would erupt again. Leaving her with powers at a level about the same as before the Phoenix incident. 
   All dumped with only two months before the changes had to be implemented. Just because Mr. Shooter decided after seeing the issue when it came out in print where the alien race had been wiped out that the previously mentioned punishment wasn’t going to be enough.  Jean Grey had to die for her sins.  

21 minutes ago, Greywind said:

He was editorial at the time.

6 hours ago, Tjack said:

I’d hate to get in to it with someone who so obviously is a fan of John Byrne’s work.

Editorial my tired bum!   It was Jim Shooter’s singular personal call.

A fan yes. I'm not rabid about it and can see the man's flaws and can accept anothers opinions about writers/artists. Not everyone bats a thousand.

I will spoil this. Elsewhen, being done after the fact, allows for Byrne and Shooter both to be happy.

As for Shooter - Egos can be the downfall as well as pride. Too many he said she said stories about his time at Marvel.

Jean Gray's death was a lot more interesting and epic a storyline than keeping her around depowered.

So let me just say that in my VERY humble personal opinion Mr.’s Claremont, Byrne & Austin’s work together on X-Men was superior to the work they went on to produce separately.  I believe that together they compensated for weaknesses in each other’s styles.

I agree, it was magic when they worked together, although Byrne's Fantastic Four work was excellent and I did like Man of Steel.

2 hours ago, HeroGM said:

A fan yes. I'm not rabid about it and can see the man's flaws and can accept anothers opinions about writers/artists. Not everyone bats a thousand.

I will spoil this. Elsewhen, being done after the fact, allows for Byrne and Shooter both to be happy.

As for Shooter - Egos can be the downfall as well as pride. Too many he said she said stories about his time at Marvel.

I read the first several issues after its mention here.

The main flaw I notice was in the writing there was way too many references to time: "at that moment", "a few minutes earlier", "a few hours later", "a few hours before".

Honestly, most of the mentions were needless because they didn't tell anything important about the story.