Forgotten Organizations

tiger

i decided to separate this from the Forgotten Enemies thread. This is the newest line from Tiger PAw Press and will be part of the Hall of Champions on DrivethruRPG and of course the Hero Games Webstore. This line will, much like Forgotten Enemies, bring organizations to 6th edition that were originally in 4th edition or early. Feel free to suggest other organizations that i my have left out.

Looking at the following: Sanctuary, Project Ubermachien, Witch, Red Doom, Raven, VOICE. Others could be added as well but that's the list for now. I working on Sanctuary at the moment, hoping to have it ready soon. Here's a look at the cover

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s3WhxufrYeg-VZ_cU9MWC6IayZ6z5c-T/view?usp=sharing

Edited by tiger

The problem will transporting Sanctuary from 3ed to 6ed is that the Island of Doctor Destroyer which became Sanctuary existed, but is definitely totally sunk. So the island can't be the new home for Sanctuary.

But that doesn't mean that Destroyer or someone else couldn't build another artificial island and gift it to whoever ran it before in 4ed.

7 hours ago, steriaca said:

The problem will transporting Sanctuary from 3ed to 6ed is that the Island of Doctor Destroyer which became Sanctuary existed, but is definitely totally sunk. So the island can't be the new home for Sanctuary.

Nah, There is Island of Dr. D & Day of The Destroyer which also takes place on an island

33 minutes ago, tiger said:

Nah, There is Island of Dr. D & Day of The Destroyer which also takes place on an island

True. The Island of Doctor Destroyer has the first appearance of what will become the second home of Sanctuary. And who is to say that the wicked Doctor didn't build a few of them?

Just now, tiger said:

Totally forgot about them, Have to take another look, been awhile

Atlas and Promethean? It is an odd thing that a villain has two organizations active at the same time, both two different sides of the same goal. But Piecemonger can do it.

Tiger's inspired me to look at a bunch of old characters from Creatures of the Night, Ultimate Supermage and Supermage Bestiary. I hope not just to transcribe them into 6e but maybe refine the concepts a bit. Certainly add "Story Seeds" for each character or group -- it forces me to think beyond one role or story for each character. Several are already complete, or nearly sp. When I have enough revised characters, I'll pitch the project to Jason Walters.

Thanks for lighting a fire under me, tiger!

Dean Shomshak

14 minutes ago, Mr. R said:

Another organization.

Module "From Beneath the Waves"  That group of villains with an underwater theme.  There was a whole villain team and a group of agents.   And considering that earth is Mostly covered by water!

Hmm.. I believe you mean Scourge from the Deep, and the Aquans villain team. Could be a good team for tiger to update, although personally I wouldn't categorize them as an "organization."

28 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

Hmm.. I believe you mean Scourge from the Deep, and the Aquans villain team. Could be a good team for tiger to update, although personally I wouldn't categorize them as an "organization."

Only if they have a agent arm with guys in the same uniform standing side by side. This is what makes an organization an organization. If they have an agent arm. And if they can still exist without their founder.

8 hours ago, DShomshak said:

Tiger's inspired me to look at a bunch of old characters from Creatures of the Night, Ultimate Supermage and Supermage Bestiary. I hope not just to transcribe them into 6e but maybe refine the concepts a bit. Certainly add "Story Seeds" for each character or group -- it forces me to think beyond one role or story for each character. Several are already complete, or nearly sp. When I have enough revised characters, I'll pitch the project to Jason Walters.

Thanks for lighting a fire under me, tiger!

Dean Shomshak

This is great news! I'm already looking forward to what you do with them.

Just as I'm looking forward to seeing whatever organizations Tiger reworks for 6th Ed.

Edited by FenrisUlf

• 2 weeks later...

Finishing up the campaign section of Sanctuary heading for the character section. Was wondering something. In the case of normal NPCs, doctors, nurses, and cooks. Would you like stats, skills, and complications, or just the skills that matter for the position and complications?

3 hours ago, tiger said:

Finishing up the campaign section of Sanctuary heading for the character section. Was wondering something. In the case of normal NPCs, doctors, nurses, and cooks. Would you like stats, skills, and complications, or just the skills that matter for the position and complications?

No need to waist pressure paper on doing full seats on what is just normal with personality. Give us a paragraph on history, personality, and the skills they are noted for.

I am super late to this discussion and I am sure that much of the work is done.  But there was the update to Sanctuary for 4th Edition in the Classic Organizations book.   If I recall the premise involved an attack on the original Sanctuary and option or need for changing to a new location.

Don't have access to the book right now so some of this might be my brain and old campaigns mixing in as well.

5 hours ago, greypaladin_01 said:

I am super late to this discussion and I am sure that much of the work is done.  But there was the update to Sanctuary for 4th Edition in the Classic Organizations book.   If I recall the premise involved an attack on the original Sanctuary and option or need for changing to a new location.

Don't have access to the book right now so some of this might be my brain and old campaigns mixing in as well.

That's in classic organizations, I've made some changes.

38 minutes ago, wcw43921 said:

I had my own concepts for the WITCH organization--basically they're an all-women group; no uniforms or supertechnology, but lots of women working underground or under the radar, being led by a core team of superpowered women.  Would you be interested in seeing them?

Very cool.

5 hours ago, wcw43921 said:

I had my own concepts for the WITCH organization--basically they're an all-women group; no uniforms or supertechnology, but lots of women working underground or under the radar, being led by a core team of superpowered women.  Would you be interested in seeing them?

Well, I wouldn't say no.

10 hours ago, wcw43921 said:

Why yes, yes I would.