June 2023 Superdraft: Get Your Ship Together 

Pariah

"So you've sailed before?"

"I've traveled the worlds, Captain Gates" the old asian man smiled, "By boat, train, bus and tunnel..." The fellow seemed amiable but Benjamin was sure he was mishearing somethings as the elderly man rambled, "I see learning as a salad bar. Gain the knowledge you want, leave the rest."

Ben pondered, "How do you feel about the loss of technology? I mean, we're both old enough to remember what it was like before."

"Like most folks, I miss a lot of things, but I think it affected me less than others. I'm used to doing without when I have to" The old man from China town shrugged.

Self Sufficient, sounded good, the Captain thought. Then nodded, "Sir, what I have to tell you may surprise you. The ship we'll be using is ...well, you've heard the rumors that magic is returning?"

At that, the old man smirked "I heard the rumors, yes."

"But do you believe them? Because the ship we'll be using...well, it's called Skíðblaðnir, it's..."

"The Norse Ship of legend, crafted by Dwarves for the gods. Flown by Frey and Odin depending on the stories, which means probably both at one time or another. You have it on you? I hear it folds in your pocket," The fellow's eyes lit up "Norse mythology isn't my strong point, but you never know who you're going to run into."

Gates was surprised, "So, you believe me when I say Magic has returned?"

"No, Captain," The older man laughed, "I don't believe Magic has returned. You see... it never left. It's just a bit more lively now."

Well, he's knowledgeable, knows his way on a boat, and  doesn't think I'm crazy "You're hired, Mister Shen," He offered his hand "Welcome aboard."

Mr. Shen took the hand and said "Please, call me Egg."

The Grizzled Veteran: Egg Shen (From Big Trouble in Little China)

__egg_shen___by_wyv1-d65kkqo.jpg?token=e

Captain's Log, 12 AC Entry #6

We've picked up a stowaway which is an interesting trick for a ship you can fold and carry. Pretty young woman, vibrant hair, but none of us can understand a word she's saying. I fancy myself a decent linguist compared to most Americans, but I'm lucky to parse out a fifth of what she's saying. I've tried explaining to her what we're doing is dangerous, she nods, smiles, and then follows anyway.  At times it's a bit tricky to convince her to stop changing her clothes in public... good for morale, but really distracting. Still, she tries to be helpful with odd jobs and the like so for now, she's welcome to tag along.

I just hope she doesn't get hurt.

Misfit: Leeloo (From the Fifth Element)

df46f351-b39c-49f4-af96-106b791f6de7.jpg