June 2023 Superdraft: Get Your Ship Together 

Pariah

Captain's Log, 12 AC Entry #3

The thing that caught me off guard about Russel was I swear he hadn't aged a day in the years since I met him last. I needed him, made my offer, and... he signed on. As an antiquities dealer he knows his stuff. Also? The guy knows how to use a sword. I can't tell you how useful that is in an age where guns no longer work. I guess he's my first mate. I remember asking him if he knew anything about celtic relics of a supernatural bent. He smirked, then shrugged, "Let's say I do."

He's hiding something I think, but he'll open up in his own time.

Number One: Connor MacLeod (Highlander)

13c29afe28435e7fa34f912fccb0c13b.jpg

The big prize is the one that can hold famine at bay. It's the stuff of legends now reality. It's able to feed armies. It's enough to give a city a chance at survival until the farms can really get working. No child need have an empty belly. No man need starve so his loved ones can have his share.

It's a treasure of life, whose power is benevolent, kind, and generosity personified.

Naturally, there are forces out there that will kill hundreds to claim it for their own; missing the entire point.

Cargo: Dagda's Cauldron aka The Cauldron of Plenty

a9bdb383a0aad2f829a127a0512dbc09.jpg

"Your secretary is mean" Russel observed. This from a guy who could carve your average dude in half.

"I needed the help, she needed a job. She runs the lower decks, what do you want me to do about it?" I asked.

"Put up a warning sign or something" Russel humphed

"Beware of sardonic assistant?" I threw my hands up, "We're saving the world, what's left of it. We're going to have to put up with a few character quirks."

Russel muttered in that mixed up accdent of his "It's like a slow beheading around her, but fine."

Lower Decks Pick: Janine Melnitz (Ghostbusters)

latest?cb=20171108015003&path-prefix=pro