NFL 2023

unclevlad

...but they can run back the ensuing kickoff 99 yards for a touchdown?

At this point, I can hardly stop watching because I'm curious just how much worse it can get. It's like a 20-car pile-up. It's horrific, but I can't make myself look away.

Edit: Are you [REDACTED] kidding me?! 

:no:

Edited by Pariah

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy mother of mohair....

I just looked at the score of the Donkey game....

Denver is gonna PLUMMET down the power rankings after this.  This is honestly the worst defensive effort in my lifetime.

Saints...I hear ya, Cancer.  I didn't see it, but...how much of this was the classic defense plays too soft?  

AND they even miss a makeable FG late...

Huh, well, the Fins weren't obnoxious.  Ran the ball on 4th and 14 when they could've tried a FG to tie the points record.  My gosh, the Denver writers are going to DESTROY the Broncos after this.

Oh, the cold burns...

Mile High Report can be on the critical side anyway, as fans tend to be...they've already declared the season over.  Losses to 2 likely non-contenders, then this?  That doesn't seem out of bounds.

At the bottom of the article, they always have a "grade the team performance" fan vote.  

7 of 8 give them Fs, of course.  F----- wasn't an option given.

But about 1 in 8 gave them A's...massively sarcastic A's.....

Or they were Miami fans, of course.  

Mr. P:  who are you gonna offer up in the fire sale?  Certainly no one from the defense.  They're all just little piles of ashes...

I'd have to look again, but...IIRC, 70 exactly has only been done once.  So the scorigami isn't surprising.

Now we'll see if the Chiefs blow past 70....  If there's one call for someone's head, louder than that for firing Vance Joseph...Justin Fields is 5-11 for 39 yards, 0 TDs, 1 pick, and 3 sacks.  Rating...17.

EDIT:  Tweet from Bill Simmons.

Quite possibly the ULTIMATE Toilet Bowl game of all time.  I wonder what the record is for worst combined total-point margin in the games the week before?  Assuming nothing changes much in KC, this might set a new mark.

5 minutes ago, Pariah said:

Loser plays in the CFL next season.

Better.  Loser joins the Pac-2 next season...

Oh my.

https://www.denverpost.com/2023/09/24/broncos-four-downs-sean-payton-worst-coaching-job/

You can't exactly call it hyperbole, given the game stats.  No more than mild exaggeration at most.

New definition of horrific, inhuman punishment.

The defense is gonna have to look at that game tape tomorrow.....

My,  my, my.

Cards drop a stunner, as Cowboys lay a massive egg.  What a delightful day.

EDIT:  

1.  Dolphins got a double-double.  10 yards per play.  10 touchdowns.

2.  Bears and Broncos have a -112 combined score differential.  Bears have the worst, -59.  Broncos are NOT second worst;  the Giants are -55.  Broncos are -53.

12 hours ago, unclevlad said:

2.  Bears and Broncos have a -112 combined score differential.  Bears have the worst, -59.  Broncos are NOT second worst;  the Giants are -55.  Broncos are -53.

...which is horrific, considering the differential was -3 just twenty-four hours ago. 

1 hour ago, Pariah said:

So, I'm not reading that DC Vance Joseph has been fired yet. 

There must be an oversight of some kind, surely?

It takes time to select a replacement and write up the press releases.

Or they might just hang onto him for the Chicago game, which will make the Broncos D look impregnable.

41 minutes ago, Pariah said:

So, I'm not reading that DC Vance Joseph has been fired yet. 

There must be an oversight of some kind, surely?

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/broncos-takeaways-realities-dolphins-70-points

https://www.milehighreport.com/2023/9/24/23888755/denver-broncos-need-to-fire-vance-joseph

https://www.westword.com/news/denver-broncos-historic-dolphins-disaster-17884447

https://predominantlyorange.com/posts/enough-enough-denver-broncos-need-fire-vance-joseph

even nationally...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10090678-3-takeaways-from-broncos-week-3-loss-vs-dolphins

Cumulative TL;DR?  Vane Joseph MUST go, NOW!!!

However, pretty fresh off a Zoom call with the media, Sean Payton isn't throwing Joseph under the bus...yet.  That said, his job can't be considered secure...unless Payton doesn't want to fire him because he pulled the trigger on hiring him.  (That's a point brought up in the Mile High Report article.  Payton has to share some of the blame for hiring a coach with such a disastrously BAD track record.)  The Bears have one of the worst offenses in the league...47 points through 3 games.  If they go for, say, 24+...if the defense can't pressure Fields (Washington's given up 19...yeah, 15 in 2 games NOT versus Denver;  Bears are tied for second-highest at 13)...it'd mark the 4th consecutive BAD defensive performance.  And if the Bears go for something like 31?  3rd straight ATROCIOUS performance.