NFL 2023

unclevlad

27 minutes ago, Pariah said:

Despite giving up a Grant and a Jackson to Miami yesterday, CBS has the Donkeys listed as 3½-point favorites at Chicago.

Might be the last game where Denver is favored this season. 

It makes sense.  It is usually the offense that scores points, and the Broncos at least have a functional if unspectacular offense.  I watched some of the Bears game (before Fox mercifully switched over to Cowboys-Cards which was somehow a much better game) and it's hard to come up with the words to describe the Bears offense.  "Feckless", maybe.  "Futile".  They generated consistent negative yardage against KC's not-exactly-shutdown defense.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the Bronco defense is totally, utterly ABYSMAL.  WASHINGTON scored 35 against this defense.  A bad Raiders offense...don't look at the yardage, look at the *drives*.  Not counting a possession that ended the first half, the Raiders had 6 possessions.  4 of them, they ran 10+ plays.  An 8-play drive turned into a touchdown.  All of them were 40+ yards.  The Broncos force only 1 punt.  

So we have an cap gun trying to shoot through toilet paper.

Even if I was inclined to bet, this isn't a game I'd bet.  The Bears have been horrific more often.  The Broncos could actually man up and show some pride...or finish off the total implosion.  

Vance Joseph has to be the least stable assistant coach in the league...but I'll say this.  Sean Payton's seat isn't that much cooler.  He ripped Hackett...perhaps for cause...but in his first 3 games, he opens a game with an onside kick that FAILS against what was considered an inferior team, then a serious embarrassment, and then, of course, The Debacle.  I'll also put George Paton on a seat as hot as Joseph's...Wilson isn't a major problem, but he's not the solution either.  Given the assets and the contract?  Disaster.  Payton hire cost a 1st and a 2nd.  Probable disaster;  this year's already a lost cause.  

When your QB is still below par, every win is a good win.  IIRC, they've got 2 bad teams coming up, then the bye.  If they can do what they should, and if Burrow doesn't get worse...the early bye is never something I like in advance, but hey, under the circumstances, the timing would be great for them.

And we see the next stage of the testing...twofold.  Another *#@$&#$ London game...on ESPN+.  AND a Toy Story???????? version????????????  

Ever since Disney took over ESPN, the obscene degree they've used it as a marketing vehicle has ALWAYS turned my stomach.

Move the Broncos out of Downtown? Relocate the Rapids to the heart of the city? Preposterous, but mildly entertaining. 

Nicolais: Could the Broncos and Rapids both win with a swap deal?

(The most preposterous thing about this article: The idea that the Broncos' current stadium--on which the owners just spend $100M in upgrades--is 'antiquated'.)

There are four 0-3 teams left in the NFL: Denver, Minnesota, Chicago, and Carolina.

They're playing each other at 11:00 Eastern this Sunday: Denver at Chicago on CBS, Minnesota at Carolina on Fox. 

It's theoretically possible that these could be your only NFL viewing options Sunday morning.

4 hours ago, Pariah said:

There are four 0-3 teams left in the NFL: Denver, Minnesota, Chicago, and Carolina.

They're playing each other at 11:00 Eastern this Sunday: Denver at Chicago on CBS, Minnesota at Carolina on Fox. 

It's theoretically possible that these could be your only NFL viewing options Sunday morning.

Not theoretical.  Coverage maps here:

https://fansided.com/posts/nfl-coverage-map-week-4-tv-schedule-2023

Looks like I escape, getting Miami-Buffalo.  

There's no escape for the late game, tho.  Pats at Dallas...Dallas is -6.5.  If it's that close, Cowboy fans should be worried.  But the other?  Cards at Niners.  Line...Niners -14.  Been a while since I've seen a line that big.

It's also the last day of the MLB regular season.  It may not matter, but there's also a very good chance that there will be playoff berths on the line.  

16 hours ago, unclevlad said:

Not theoretical.  Coverage maps here:

https://fansided.com/posts/nfl-coverage-map-week-4-tv-schedule-2023

Looks like I escape, getting Miami-Buffalo.  

There's no escape for the late game, tho.  Pats at Dallas...Dallas is -6.5.  If it's that close, Cowboy fans should be worried.  But the other?  Cards at Niners.  Line...Niners -14.  Been a while since I've seen a line that big.

It's also the last day of the MLB regular season.  It may not matter, but there's also a very good chance that there will be playoff berths on the line.  

We will almost certainly get Miami-Buffalo here because of the Tua fans.  Which is a good game but I'd almost rather watch Denver-Chicago; I'm in the mood for slapstick comedy.

30 minutes ago, death tribble said:

Hang on a minute.

The Lions are not supposed to beat the Packers. What gives ?

EVERYONE is supposed to beat the Packers.

Oh, wait...the Flake's gone now, isn't he?  

And of course, "everyone" leaves out the Vikes in any case, as they're nobodies.....

The side question...did the Packers get exposed, or is the Lions defense really that good?

EDIT:  also noted just now.  The NFL and NFLPA have agreed on adjustments to the gambling policy.  No betting on NFL, Or Else...but that's a given.  Penalties for betting on sports in the workplace or while working have been reduced.  2 players who'd been suspended got reinstated.  Also, Damar Hamlin is expected to be active against the Fins.  Gotta have as many DBs as you possibly can.

2 hours ago, Pariah said:

How many defensive backs does it take to slow down the Dolphins' offense?

Reveal hidden contents

More than the Broncos had, that's for sure.

The new Notre Dame coach is getting raked over the lava pit because on the last 2 plays against OSU, ND only had 10 defenders on the field...and the coaching staff missed it completely.

The Broncos could've probably put 14 defenders out there and the refs probably would've let it go, just to give em a chance.....

I don't have ESPN+, but I do have Disney+. So that's how I'm watching the Jaguars-Falcons game this morning. It's completely goofy, but then again, it's the Jaguars and the Falcons. Incidentally, neither team's uniforms look any better in the animated version that they do in real life.

I'll agree with those old Cowboy uniforms.  Royal blue and gray is underappreciated.

On Oher...yeah.  A plausible agreement might've lasted through college, but...it's STILL going?  

Last...pretty much foreseeable, but the Raiders released Chandler Jones.  Hope the guy gets some serious help.