Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

Sure. Personal' date=' non-profit use, of course. If you want to display it "in public" like on a web page, I just ask for credit where credit is due.[/quote'] Well since it probably will end up on my webpage, what is the exact credit you would like? And do you have a webpage I can link back to?

Acroyear' date=' that batch of "old-school" char pics were great. If you have more, please post them. Also, did you do the artwork? Just wonderin'. :)[/quote']

Yeah, that's all my stuff. I think I credited all the rip-offs (like the LSH based suits). Oh, except ERG. That suit is based on a design by John Terada (who currently does SFX work in Hollywood, haven't seen to him in years. The most recent work I know of is he colored all the eyes blue in those Dune miniseries. lol).

I think back then I did some things better and some things worse than my current work. I just had more time and drive then. One big thing I notice is I made the shins a lot shorter than I do now.

I have tons more that I found in this old folder, much more than I thought I still had. I just didn't want to scan it all. A lot of it is just pencils, too, and would probably scan a bit scribbly. Some of them I don't care for (like when being asked to duplicate early Image stylings).

Well since it probably will end up on my webpage' date=' what is the exact credit you would like? And do you have a webpage I can link back to?[/quote']

"by J.J. Mason" is fine for me. If you want to expand on that, feel free.

No link required unless you want to link back to this thread and direct folks to all the other cool Hero art our fellow board posters have been sharing :)

One day I'm going to do a new Tiger Man...

Yeah, that's all my stuff. I think I credited all the rip-offs (like the LSH based suits). Oh, except ERG. That suit is based on a design by John Terada (who currently does SFX work in Hollywood, haven't seen to him in years. The most recent work I know of is he colored all the eyes blue in those Dune miniseries. lol).

I think back then I did some things better and some things worse than my current work. I just had more time and drive then. One big thing I notice is I made the shins a lot shorter than I do now.

I have tons more that I found in this old folder, much more than I thought I still had. I just didn't want to scan it all. A lot of it is just pencils, too, and would probably scan a bit scribbly. Some of them I don't care for (like when being asked to duplicate early Image stylings).

No link required unless you want to link back to this thread and direct folks to all the other cool Hero art our fellow board posters have been sharing :)

I would like to see the pencils. If not here, then consider posting them in the NGD Art thread...

Thanks in advance!

Mags

Credit will be given :)

I for one would love to see a new one, since this one just plain rocks.

What can you tell me about the guy?

What can you tell me about the guy?

Off the top of my head... Nick was a young olympic gymnast hopeful, but it was brought up that he pinged on mutant detection and was recruited into a special gov't program. With a bunch of other teens, they trained as a team, and he started developing superior senses (thus the code name). Enhanced smell, vision, greater hearing range. They determined that he had highly developed "reflex memory" allowing him to learn and master physical skills with great ease.

He doesn't actually show up on mutant detectors. It was a lie. He's not aware of that, though. I left a lot of the background hazy for plot purposes.

He doesn't have claws and he's not a martial artist, he just had some hand attack, lots of Dex and levels, dex skills, and the enhanced senses. Only 250 points at the time.

Got any female pics? I just realized all those where men (and nicely done' date=' too). [/quote']

I have a couple in these old ones (including the horrid image style one lol). Mostly, when I drew pictures of other people's characters they got the picture... and many of the characters in our campaign were female, so I actually have a lack of female pictures, myself. Actually, some of my very best work ever is in someone else's hands. hehe. All these are old old old, like 15ish years old.

I'll toss in Hippie Chick here (my girlfriend's City of Heroes char) for those who didn't click the link before.

Here's that Hippie Chick one I did a couple months ago. Her player hates the fact that I used my actual name instead of a character name (in the credit on the official page) and she gets tells from people in game complimenting it, so I guess people like it...

THIS IS MY DEVIL POST! plz pheer kthnx

Some Dark Champs villains...

Butterfly & Reaper

Butterfly used butterfly swords and Reaper was... uh, the Phantasm from Mask of the Phantasm (so I guess this was around 93)

Edit: Actually, the Reaper was based on the Reaper from Batman: Year Two by Alan Davis (is that right??), now that I think about it.

Another gal to even it up :)

This particular one is from '99, a low power game.

Goassamer

"Jessica Alba with wings" was the description I was given from the player. The wings, themselves, are huuuuge, this is a cut down version. I was too lazy to draw them, the wings are from an Alex Ross painting.

The Chessman

Basically he had a variety of "forms" that had powers themed on chess pieces.

Holy Cow! I remember this guy. He also had 360 degree vision (only in the forward arc) allowing him to never take his eyes off his chess opponents' eyes while moving chesspieces. Unfortunately, he also had monochromatic vision which occasionally gave us problems ("Push the red button. RED! RED!")