Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

When you upload an attachement and then edit your post to link the attachment and make it visible, it sometimes slows down the load time of the page. The NGD forum's "Catsuit" thread was notorious for slow load times because of all the pictures it was trying to load at one time.

Besides, we've got thumbnails now. Well, except for .GIFs.

Hopper is a teleporting mutant with the ability to step into the space between stray thoughts. Her history is a complete enigma, as far as she knows she did not exist before a moment when she stepped out to help people in a crowd during an anti mutant riot. Perhaps she herself is merely the result of a stray thought manifest in the world.

http://home.pacbell.net/arcady0/MnM/MyPCs/Hopper.pdf (MnM stats)

Spryte - My Champions character from 87 till about the end of my Champions days. I could never get her to work just right in that system. Here's an attempt at her in MnM. Sylvia is a woman who shrinks down and turns the mass of her body into powerful energy. Based on a quick read of 'The Wasp' in the days before I'd read any comic books. Recently renamed 'Spryte' in her super ID - the name I'd had all those years never seemed to fit.

This one shows what you can do with 'Poser' without any post work or complex lighting - it's a very basic image.

http://home.pacbell.net/arcady0/MnM/MyPCs/Sylvia.htm (MnM stats)

And the last of the "found in an old 1989 Batman movie folder old school review"

Wildcat

He was basically what if Wolverine were the candidate for the Super Soldier serum with Batman's utility belt (no claws, the belt buckle expands into a shield). He's had multiple looks, this one is obviously based on Wolverine (and is certainly not my favorite of the bunch, but I find it funny)

Looks more like an alternate-universe Foxbat to me :)

Here are some 'NPC' images from my current game. You get the Team costume without a model wearing it, and 'Eagle' a guy who was supposed to be the 'mysterious sidekick' of their patron, hanging around all the time and making odd comments, but he's never quite worked well in play.

I can never figure his angle or give him good dialogue.

Finally Yin, an NPC who takes any energy sent at her, absorbs, reshapes, and sends it back out - usually somehow reversed.

She had a counter, Yang, but his game stats have never satisfied me so the two wait in the wings until I can get him right. She showed up once in the game as a mercenary hireling of the main villain.

An image for Yang is in one of my archives somewhere, and maybe I'll track it down in a bit.

Finally, a woman who was supposed to be on my list of cardboard figures, but got cut for space. I will probably put her in place of the one that doesn't print well.

Two versions of 'Input'. Dual guns and single guns.

Input is a living computer able to tap into the mass subconscious and the electronic net. She has noble goals, but her own ethics on how to achieve them.

Input works off of being able to manipulate probabilities in the world around her, as well as possessing super human deductive skills that let her look at a scene and see its past and probable future.

http://home.pacbell.net/arcady0/MnM/MyPCs/Input.pdf (MnM stats)

Here's that Hippie Chick one I did a couple months ago. Her player hates the fact that I used my actual name instead of a character name (in the credit on the official page) and she gets tells from people in game complimenting it, so I guess people like it...

THIS IS MY DEVIL POST! plz pheer kthnx

I really like all of these. This one's particularly fun. It reminds me a little of one of the DNAgents.

We used to just link to the attachment' date=' bet Ben scolded us for doing that too much. :)[/quote']

Really? I hadn't heard.

But I wondered why all the older posted pics weren't showing in the posts anymore. Even so, if they don't want us doing it, they should disable the option.

Mags

Really? I hadn't heard.

But I wondered why all the older posted pics weren't showing in the posts anymore. Even so, if they don't want us doing it, they should disable the option.

Well, then they'd be disabling hypertext which means we couldn't link to stuff on our own pages or post formatted character sheets and stuff :)

Dread!

Kind of a Doctor Doom fellow. Not only was he a genius with top end powered armor, but he had a few nasty extras... like deadly bio-warfare weapons.

If Acroyear agrees and Ian is willing could this one be coloured as well ?

Post 2238 on page 150 of the thread.

BTW Ian what are your rates for a superhero fig ? And how do you accept payment ?

If Acroyear agrees and Ian is willing could this one be coloured as well ?

Go for it. I wouldn't post these things if I wasn't intending them to be enjoyed and used (again, personal non-profit use only. If it's displayed in public, please credit where credit is due. If you find a way to make big bucks with them, let me know because I'm currently unemployed :P).

For the Dread pic, note that the cape isn't complete (ran into the border on the character sheet he was drawn on) but considering the simplistic style, it shouldn't be hard.

BTW Ian what are your rates for a superhero fig ? And how do you accept payment ?

Well, I don't like to post stuff like that on message boards that don't belong to me (it feels too much like spam - not the worst type of spam, 'cause I'm being asked, but still slightly spammy), but if you are interested, you can email me for rates and stuff.

I'll get back to you about painting this other character, though :)

Viator? Wasn't he one of the "Thanks" guys from V&V? And if so' date=' he was also on the cover too, the guy being thrown of the building?[/quote']

And people said my trivia was good...

IIRC, that's where the name came from - no actual relation, so I don't know if he's the guy on the cover or not :)

Usually people say "Hey, dat's like 'Seeker' right? But difrint."