Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Same old thing' date=' working on Cyber Ninja Pirates, "real" work, and so on.[/quote'] will the supplement be "Cyber Ninja Pirates...with laser beam eyes"? :)

I think a good villian organisation would be a transdimensional/interdimentional pirates. It could be f-colour or 'grim and gritty'

There was just a discussion I was watching that they might be well adequate for certain tasks. They didn't discuss comets specifically, more asteroids and lower-order bodies. They didn't mention, though as you say I've seen that before, how little of the sky is really monitored.

Re "long-period" comets, why do you mean there wouldn't be enough time, though? Is that a monitoring issue or something else?

Mostly a monitoring issue. With long-period comets, the orbital periods are very long, so you are always seeing them incoming for the first time in the history of civilization. And, they're all incoming at maximum speed, and they are coming from all directions. So it's a maximum-stressor situation in terms of monitoring. As a consequence, you have a minimum amount of data and time to decide on an orbital solution and whether you have to do something about the incoming object

Asteroids can be easier; at least nearly all of them are in prograde, sort of in the plane orbits. And since they are in the nearby Solar System, there's a decent chance that you have observed any given one before, which (if you can find that data) can drastically strengthen (and change) you orbit solution.

will the supplement be "Cyber Ninja Pirates...with laser beam eyes"? :)

I think a good villian organisation would be a transdimensional/interdimentional pirates. It could be f-colour or 'grim and gritty'

It'll be Zombie Alien Knights of New York. :straight:

I'm testing the update of reference data for this system. One of the fields for test is "Owner" for which I needed to come up with a name for a new organisation.

My choice of data: LuthorCorp :eg:

In the comics and cartoons, IT's Lexcorp.

So it is... my most recent exposure is watching Smallville' date=' hence LuthorCorp. I knew it sounded strange, but couldn't work out why.[/quote']

Two villain companies for the price of one!

It's just' date=' every time I think I finally understand what kinds of things people rep for, it shifts and changes. Now, it seems the only guarantee is on that "Rep the person above" thread, and that one makes me feel dirty.[/quote']

Bearing in mind it was the Mightybec who started said thread are you at all surprised you feel dirty ?

While I was away I requested that five people be ascended.

These were Log, Proditor, Greywind, SatinKitty and Storn.

All have been ascended. Well done my young apprentices. No spiders down the underwear tonight.

But I did ask to be bumped upto 200 rep and this has not been done. Non-sarcastic explanations anyone ?