The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Will try the stress - relief exercises suggested.

I have found having sex on a regular basis to be one of the best forms of stress-relief available.

Conversely, having a strong sex drive, but not getting any, is a major producer of stress.

Small wonder I'm so so stressed out all the time...

Didn't we already talk about that on the insomnia threads?

Anyway, yeah, being tired is usually the best cure for insomnia, but it does mean BEING tired for the weeks it takes one's body to adjust to the idea of resting when it's dark.

Some people have opposite reactions to medications. Most people would find that Ritalin makes them have a hard time concentrating, whereas those with ADHD find it helps them focus. Most antidepressants work on the part of the population they should, except that many people on Prozac and Zoloft have reported it gets a lot WORSE once the drugs kick in (and now they have the energy to do something about it . . .).

I know I was once on an antidepressant that made me sleep for 20 hours a day. I had them check that they weren't giving me a tranquilizer.

So maybe some kind of stimulant might be in order?

Bleh. I feel really nasty.

And I have a feeling it's because I caught the bug my mom and nephew had. I'd blame it on my pregnancy, but I'm pretty sure that's not it. My main reason being that I ate half my breakfast and was running to the bathroom, unable to keep it down. :( So sad.

Good news is I should be done with this by the weekend...so come next Monday we'll see if it is indeed the bug or pregnancy sickness making me miserable now. :P

If it makes you feel any better, I've been sick three times so far this year not counting the food poisoning. Little boys are great at breeding germs, it seems.

As for morning sickness--my wife and I eventually figured out that the constant queasiness was alleviated by constant grazing on crackers and other easily digestible stuff. Of course, everyone is different. She never did have to drive the porcelain bus anywhere.

If it makes you feel any better, I've been sick three times so far this year not counting the food poisoning. Little boys are great at breeding germs, it seems.

As for morning sickness--my wife and I eventually figured out that the constant queasiness was alleviated by constant grazing on crackers and other easily digestible stuff. Of course, everyone is different. She never did have to drive the porcelain bus anywhere.

Thanks. And yes, children are great a breeding germs (being that my nephew had this bug first, then my mom, and now me). :P

As for the morning sickness...last trimester (when it's supposed to be worse) I did a lot of bland stuff...crackers, cheerios, soups...which is why I'm hoping (oddly enough) that I do have a bug and it's not morning sickness catching up to me.

I have a friend whose wife vomited every single morning from about two weeks pregnant until birth (including the mornings of the birth). They have two kids, and are considering a third.

At that point I think I'd maybe stop at two . . .

Bleh. I was lucky enough to not vomit during my 1st trimester...only some mild queasiness. And I'm hoping, as I said, what I'm going through now is part of a bug I may have caught from my nephew and mom.

I am not one who tolerates being that sick that often. Geez...I hate to be pukey sick at all...there's just something about hugging the toilet that grosses me out when I'm that sick.

Listen, you stupid, worthless, piece of crap software developer. It's a simple concept--it's written as "X", so code it as "X". If you think it should be "Y", bring it up during requirements development or during formal reviews. Don't just change it and then tell people it made sense later. Now, you're screwing up my schedule.

@#$%@!!! coders.

Well, crap.

After a night of very fitful sleep thanks to an intestinal . . . thing, I wake up to find our apartment is getting sold, and so we have 30 days to move out.

I've had better Friday the 13ths.

They're only required to give you 30 days notice? Do you have a lease?

They're only required to give you 30 days notice? Do you have a lease?

No, it's a month-to-month.

We're probably better off leaving, anyway, because the place can't retain heat, the windows are awful, there's a single AC unit that only manages to cool one room, there's no dishwasher, it's so tiny we had to rent a storage space, and the neighborhood is awful.

No, it's a month-to-month.

We're probably better off leaving, anyway, because the place can't retain heat, the windows are awful, there's a single AC unit that only manages to cool one room, there's no dishwasher, it's so tiny we had to rent a storage space, and the neighborhood is awful.

Ah, then nevermind. Much sympathyness!

Ah' date=' then nevermind. Much sympathyness![/quote']

Thanks.

It is preferable having a month-to-month, as opposed to the place that automatically tried to renew our lease when we didn't give them notice in writing (just verbally), and then tried to charge us for the two months after that.

We explained to them that their communication issues weren't our problem, and that we didn't have a spare $1400 lying around, anyway. They backed off.