The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Whew.

Well, it turns out that my mother was taken off her coumadin (WHY would they take her off her coumadin?), and immediately developed clots in her legs. She was having shortness of breath on Thursday, and, having been told to look out for that as a symptom, went to the emergency room. They saw her rather quickly, scanned her veins, and then admitted her.

It seems she likely has a protein that promotes clotting even when blood-thinning agents are present, and may even have a genetic disorder (which she would've passed along to me) that causes blood clots.

She said she's probably checking out of the hospital today, but apparently has a really nice room, meanwhile, and is being taken good care of.

*lets out a sigh of relief*

Thank goodness she has good health insurance.

My SIL is pregnant. She's 5 weeks behind me.

Something tells me it wasn't much of an accident...or they had been trying before we got pregnant and just never told us they were trying for another baby when we announced.

Grumpy grumpy grumpy right now.

Something tells me it wasn't much of an accident...or they had been trying before we got pregnant and just never told us they were trying for another baby when we announced.

Why does that make you grumpy?

Heh. I've got that person in my family. She got my cousin to marry her one day before my wedding; her husband's older brother got his wife pregnant, she was within a 5 week span, also.

"Hey, look at me, look at me, I'm special too. Hey, nobody gets attention unless I do too. Hey, look at me."

D

So, it's a new month. That's a good thing. Last month was horrible. At least my cousin's surviving baby is doing well. The funeral for the other one sure was hard. (my cousin had twins, one wouldn't eat and the other had a heart problem--she had to have open heart surgery, and she caught an infection. She didn't make it.) Grandma's out of the hospital, and doing much better. Work is less hectic, we're getting unburied.

Things are looking up. They'd better.

D

D

Hope and better luck to you and your family misterdeath.

(I know it sounds weird wishing someone better luck with 'death' but I don't know your name so I have to substitute your handle.)

So, it's a new month. That's a good thing. Last month was horrible. At least my cousin's surviving baby is doing well. The funeral for the other one sure was hard. (my cousin had twins, one wouldn't eat and the other had a heart problem--she had to have open heart surgery, and she caught an infection. She didn't make it.) Grandma's out of the hospital, and doing much better. Work is less hectic, we're getting unburied.

D

Not quite the same circumstances, but I get the impression April was a rough month all around.

Me, I could've just done without throwing up my breakfast this morning. Barring that, having a co-worker gush that I must be pregnant . . .

I dratted well better NOT be. That's why I put up with the cramps the most effective form of birth control (after abstinence) gives me. I'm quite sure it's just nerves; I'm under a lot of stress, and not getting enough sleep.

My wife got a call the other night from an old friend. She, this friend, and another woman (Shannon) had been good friends years ago, drinking buddies. My wife and Shannon lost touch over the years--Shannon wouldn't grow up, and kept drinking. And kept drinking. And kept drinking. My wife basically cut ties with her, hadn't seen her in a good 10-12 years, and hadn't talked to her for 3 or 4--Shannon used to call drunk, late at night, when we had a baby, and my wife pretty much told her to go away.

So the call from my wife's other friend said that Shannon was dead. She was apparently drinking alone in a bar one night and fell down and hit her head, vomited, and choked to death on her own vomit. Nobody saw her, so best guess is she was in the bathroom or something, but she died alone on the floor, drunk, by a stupid accident.

Now my wife feels guilty because she feels like she should have done more, and keeps thinking back about all their partying when they were in their 20s and how she should have seen the signs that Shannon had a serious problem.

Such a fun week.

Not much to complain about, just a head cold.

My sinuses are trying to pop my eyes out, and I haven't slept in ...29.5 hours.

other than that. I'm keen.

SO... Any good hallucinations yet?

I've thought I had a bad right foot for about a year and a half. Today, I got confirmation that I do not have a bad foot.

Unfortunately, I have a bad right ankle instead. Torn ligament. The documents for the surgery to repair it uses great phrases like "sink anchors into the bone and attach to ligament" and other fun-sounding phrases. Will be more or less a vegetable for 10 days, can't even #@$!!!! drive for a month because it's my right foot.

Call to schedule next week. No idea when it will be yet, though I want soon, as walking has been getting a bit uncomfortable. Still, it sucks ass. Lots of it.