The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Your nose is bleeding because it is summer where you are. To stop your nose bleeding, slap an ice pack on the back of your neck. The spot directly between the tops of your shoulders is the best place.

[Why this works: this spot is where your body's thermostat is located. Your body thinks it has gone cold and constricts the capillaries in your extremities to conserve heat, cutting off the flow of blood to your nose. Given it is summer where you are, the opposite effect is probably what caused the blood vessels in your nose to rupture in the first place.] EDIT: ignore reference to summer, that's where I am. Where you are, it's central heating.

This is petty, but: why the heck did Borders stop allowing their customers to use internet coupons on special orders?

If you want anything, and I mean anything other than the latest D&D/White Wolf/American SF & Fantasy DVDs, you have to special order. Even 20% off was a welcome break.

This just bites.

Your nose is bleeding because it is summer where you are. To stop your nose bleeding, slap an ice pack on the back of your neck. The spot directly between the tops of your shoulders is the best place.

[Why this works: this spot is where your body's thermostat is located. Your body thinks it has gone cold and constricts the capillaries in your extremities to conserve heat, cutting off the flow of blood to your nose. Given it is summer where you are, the opposite effect is probably what caused the blood vessels in your nose to rupture in the first place.]

Uhhh, London is not having summer. It's in the northern hemisphere.

Lemme see...

Valentine's Day: check.

Bought card: check.

Bought present: check (necklace, one of, as requested).

Spent time with kids: check (even left work early to get to son's basketball game).

Performed other miscellaneous parenting duties (e.g. making sure kids are bathed and ready for bed on time): check.

Spent time with wife: check.

So, I did everything I am supposed to do, or expected to do, as a husband and father, and in return:

Wife spent at least 50% of evening on phone with her friends: check.

Wife sat down with me to watch a TV show, then read newspaper and junkmail throughout the episode: check.

Wife recorded a TV show to watch later while on phone with friend, and was still watching this show well after 10:30 pm: check.

Wife came to bed and went straight to sleep: check.

I feel like a kicked dog.

Lemme see.... no request for a present this year, took family out to dinner instead, other than that, pretty much the same this year as last year.

This is petty, but: why the heck did Borders stop allowing their customers to use internet coupons on special orders?

If you want anything, and I mean anything other than the latest D&D/White Wolf/American SF & Fantasy DVDs, you have to special order. Even 20% off was a welcome break.

This just bites.

That does bite. I mises the christmas accounts too.

Water in my house is still messed up. The shower works fine now, but we only have low pressure in the kitchen, cold water to the washer, and nothing whatsoever to the bathroom sink. Still, we can function, though doing dishes takes forever.

Work has sucked horribly, to the point where I was incapable of running my game this week. Today was especially bad. I've often heard that love makes you stupid ... if that's the case, there was a metric f***ton of LOVE in this town today. And on a holiday, my wife's workplace was scheduled so shorthanded that she was the only floor associate in a Hasting's. She and the other workers have taken to carrying comment cards with them, and when customers get ticked off that they can't get any help, they explain the scheduling situation and hand 'em a comment card.

I really hope that incompetent **** that runs that Hastings gets terminated with extreme prejudice. Then I hope she gets fired.

I'm so stressed out I'm getting hives. I'm going to start taking Tylenol PM again so I can sleep ... I can't stop my brain from churning when I lay down anymore.

So I had vacation last week. It was nice. Monday I had a meeting in another town. (36 miles, bout 45 minutes) I drive over and find to my dismay that the meeting was actually Tuesday.

on the plus side I got paid for both trips.

On the minus side I looked like an idiot.

edit: oh I should point out that I did not make the mistake, my boss scheduled me for the meeting on Monday.

I'm angry every day. I'm a hothead by nature' date=' but I've been losing my temper very easily lately, more so than usual. Anything can set me off, even reading a post online (in another discussion board, btw).[/quote'] Makes note to Nogadi for a few days :D

I didn't escape the ice storm' date=' we had last week, like I thought. The falling branches messed up our gutters just enough that water came into the basement yesterday. Into my room.[/quote']

Ew. Condolences ...

On an unrelated note, is it normal to have the butterflies in one's stomach last for over half an hour AFTER the butterfly-inducing event has ended?