The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Hmm. Since then I've sold a house, bought a car (trading in the old one), gotten married, and moved three times (once between states).

Wow.

It's been a large change with me to. Three years ago I was unemployed, we were selling our house, and my wife had just been accepted for a try at working at Best Friends. The house sold between Apr 2 and Apr 3, Jenn did her two week trial, got hired, came back, we packed up, and moved May 1. She started work May 5, I started May 11. We moved across town into a rental house from the studio and next week we move into our own house. And I can finally get more stuff out of storage.

I've had two cars die and we've bought three.

Four cats have passed away, we got five more. My mom passed away last year.

It's been a busy three years.

Dear Mr. Cell Phone Salesman:

You know, I really don't expect much from someone in your position. Surely, if you had any real intelligence or skills, you wouldn't be stuck working in a mall kiosk selling cell phones. And I understand that the cell phone business isn't anywhere near as uncomplicated as it ought to be. But when you can't understand one of your own receipts, and you don't even know what phones you have in stock in your teeny little 'shop', I can't help but think that you might, just a little bit, suck.

Memo to nitwit shouting into their cell phone outside my office:

Yelling louder does nothing for the phone's radio reception, which is what's causing the conversational difficulties that you have noticed. Leave the building, whose metallic bits are giving you problems. For best reception, go stand in the middle of a large open area. Like, say, the middle of the street.

Memo to nitwit shouting into their cell phone outside my office:

Yelling louder does nothing for the phone's radio reception, which is what's causing the conversational difficulties that you have noticed. Leave the building, whose metallic bits are giving you problems. For best reception, go stand in the middle of a large open area. Like, say, the middle of the street.

Oddly enough my cell phone gets lousy signal in my office, which has a window and so in theory has fewer metal bit in the way than the hallway outside my office. But my cell gets MUCH better signal in the hall. :confused:

More updates.

Hey, Mr. Coke guy. Remember I was complaining about the ton of 12-pack Dasani 200mL water bottles you shipped in three weeks ago so that the sales rep could "make her numbers?" Remember how I said they would never, never sell?

Yes, they have settled in to the store nicely, thanks for asking. We're thinking about building furniture out of them.

So here's the point; since then, we've had 1L Dasani bottles and both pack sizes of the 791mL on sale, and you've shorted us on all three.

Look; We have other water suppliers. You are the ones paying for display space for ...nothing. It's bad for business, and it makes our stores look ugly.

Hey, here's an idea. How about diverting manufacturing effort from the small bottles that no-one wants, and make big ones instead?

Just askin'.

One move. Tired of DC, decided more or less for the heck of it to move to the Twin Cities. Told our bosses we were moving and they let us both work from home (wife got laid off within six months, almost three years later, I'm still doing the home thing). Got a realtor's name from a friend here, one weekend I flew in and told him "I'm buying a house this weekend one way or another". Found a house I loved, was the first one to see it and, in fact, the lockbox wasn't even on the door yet. Bought the house, sold our VA house and, about a month later, hopped in the van with four cats and all sorts of perishables and such, and drove for 17 1/2 hours in one day until I got here. Next day, wife flew in with the kids, closed on the house, four days later our stuff showed up.

Most chaotic three months of my life. Not sure how we stayed sane.

So back for Easter and read the letter my brother wrote to my mother.

Quite the piece of character assassination he did on me. Apparantly I am odd and scare his children. And my mother has always excused me anything.

It is quite the bit of airbrushing he has done on the history of the family apart from the absolute bare faced lies he put in.

No contrition for what he has done and no attempt even to talk to me in any way shape or form about any of this.

So he ain't being forgiven for any of this by his mother. Me ? I'm disappointed.

Quite the piece of character assassination he did on me. Apparantly I am odd and scare his children. And my mother has always excused me anything.

It is quite the bit of airbrushing he has done on the history of the family apart from the absolute bare faced lies he put in.

No contrition for what he has done and no attempt even to talk to me in any way shape or form about any of this.

So he ain't being forgiven for any of this by his mother. Me ? I'm disappointed.

Feh. I declared myself to be without a brother for less than that. Sounds like you and your mother should drop him like a bad habit.

Odd = bad?

Most of those on this forum are doomed then.

Sorry to hear your brother's difficulty with honesty and perspective. :(

Worst. Easter. Ever. At least my kid seemed to have a pretty good time even when my wife was screaming at me at the top of her lungs.

As for evil brothers--well I have observed before that no one gets to choose their family. Sometimes you roll snake eyes on the relative chart.

DT, I'm glad that you have a close/good relationship with your mother, though sad that you and your brother don't have a close/good relationship. And by the sounds of it, your brother has 'disowned' you. I feel for any relationship between your nephews/neices and their "Uncle Death Tribble". :(

Sincerely, Baz

I'm tired, but I dont' want to nap or I wont' sleep tonight... I'm vaguely achey... I was up 'till not sure when while my body tried to decide what it wanted to do with that dinner that it didn't like... so I'm home from work today...

I need to call my dad back and never mind about co-signing on the load, we'll just keep renting forever because despite the fact that we can afford the payment for a loan that would buy us a house, nobody will loan us any money because our credit sucks...I don't want to do rent-to-own for two years, they up the rent past what we can afford...

my head hurts...

Woke up Tuesday morning at 3am shivering like nobodies business. Had to call into work today so went by the doctor. It's Bronchitis, and as of today, 101 degree fever. It was higher yesterday, but I didn't get it measured. So now I'm going to have to miss work tomorrow also.