The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

My favorite weekend all-year is NFL Draft weekend.

Far be it for me to question the eccentricities of a Hero gamer... but this part confuses me. Anyway, I sympathize, my two-year-old sticks like a barnacle whenever I'm home. I'd recommend tying them up, but it sounds like you need the whole weekend, not just one game.

There is no last page. That's a bug that's been happening for a while now. You're on the last page, it's just that the boards append a phantom one.

Would you measure your depression in fathoms? Back when I used to get it, I would get this image in my mind of being trapped in a box far underground. It was a very claustrophobic feeling.

There is no last page. That's a bug that's been happening for a while now. You're on the last page, it's just that the boards append a phantom one.

Would you measure your depression in fathoms? Back when I used to get it, I would get this image in my mind of being trapped in a box far underground. It was a very claustrophobic feeling.

Well, thank God I didn't miss anything.

I suffer from chemical depression. I am also very bored. Also I spent too much this month on my credit card.

I'm pretty sure the whole "phantom page" thing is caused by deleted posts. For some reason, some part of the system still counts those posts when adding up page counts, but (obviously) you can't see them.

I'm guessing this because I've not seen any of these phantom pages -- but I do see that those threads that people complain about have always had a fair number of deleted posts (which, with my Mighty Mod Powers , are visible to me).

Although I'm not a web guy, so I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure the whole "phantom page" thing is caused by deleted posts. For some reason, some part of the system still counts those posts when adding up page counts, but (obviously) you can't see them.

I'm guessing this because I've not seen any of these phantom pages -- but I do see that those threads that people complain about have always had a fair number of deleted posts (which, with my Mighty Mod Powers , are visible to me).

That one never occured to me. I've also never seen them, but I just assumed that was because it had something to do with the fact that I don't use the default number of posts per page.

I'm suffering from deep depression. And I still can't get the last page of this thread. :(

I've had that problem too, especially in this thread. I thought it could be due to deleted posts. Whenever I posted a message, it appeared at the top of the "phantom" page as the most recent post. However, I've had posts that still appeared in the same page I was reading, and the phantom last page still appeared.

Now on to my gumblings...

1. I am BORED! I want to do something, but I don't know what to, and I don't have the money to do it anyway.

2. A coworker is starting to get uppity and hostile again. Time for another showdown.

Esteemed coworker:

Whereas-

you routinely forget your own meetings and rely on engineering to remember them for you;

you are so poorly organized that you fail to bring important opportunities to our attention in a timely manner;

you expect engineering to drop whatever they're doing and meet the submissions deadlines for those opportunities anyway;

you have repeatedly failed to credit engineering for their efforts in these matters;

you can nevertheless be counted on to report any and all mistakes committed by engineering to your superiors, clearly intending to shift blame away from yourself;

The Engineering Department-

declines to assist you with your personal meeting schedule henceforth;

refuses to create technical specifications for your opportunities with less than 24 hours' notice, lest they be improperly checked for error;

will report to your superiors every mistake you ever make, with the eventual goal of having you disciplined or terminated.

Most sincerely,

Engineering.

Gee, I guess I still have a job.

There have been rumblings about layoffs, which I haven't paid much attention to because I've got what is at this point a unique level of expertise on some very critical stuff, due to everybody else leaving. I'm a contractor, but have been one for almost eight years, and people seem to widely assume I'm not in any danger of losing my job for at least a couple years. Well, yesterday there's vague rumblings and then today, my manager via my contracting firm tells me that we're PROBABLY safe, but, if anyone says we no longer have a job, to tell him immediately. First time in a few years I've had any worries, but man, yesterday and today have SUCKED. Stress level through the roof. Have to go do this stupid dinner thing tonight I don't even want to do, but yeesh, it's been a crappy day. OK, it's been a much WORSE day for several hundred people who are getting whacked, so maybe I should just shut up now.