The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Having the flu absolutely' date=' totally, and incontrovertibly sucks. I think I'm finally on the mend, but I still have a nasty cough.[/quote']

You would think being a Hermit, less contact, less chance of flu.

I got my own bout of it right now. It does sucketh.

Are you the same people who are anti-flu shot, or am I thinking of someone else?

My work offers them for free, and I always figure that that makes one less person carrying it around.

dunno, I have my own reservations about the flu shots... every year I was in the Air Force, I would get a flu shot and without fail, two weeks later I would have the flu... I have not had a flu shot in 18 years, and I have not had the flu in 18 years... go figure..

Are you the same people who are anti-flu shot, or am I thinking of someone else?

I don't take them, but I don't know if that makes me "anti" per se.

The running gag I keep hearing is "I took the shot, it worked...I've got the flu"

That, and there were limited amounts in recent seasons, so I figured others (kids, elderly) needed it more than me.

My work offers them for free, and I always figure that that makes one less person carrying it around.

The worst flu I ever got was after getting a flu shot. (Work provided it.)

I contemplated getting one this year, but now I'm not sorry I didn't, since it's a good chance I have the strain my office mate came down with.

Well, based on the doctor telling her she had some strain that wasn't covered by this year's shot.

Don't know how much faith I put in that, I haven't had much success with these doctors in town.

Past high school (which is when I started getting a flu shot regularly), the only time I've gotten the flu was the year I skipped out on getting one because of the shortage.

As much as I could use the week off from work, I need the uninterrupted pay more. And Asheville usually winds up with a surplus of flu shots. Odd, considering how many schools there are, and the sizes of the retiree communities.

I'm anti Flu shot, but I was sick for like three days this year.

what does she need a doctor for?

Amused has gastro-intestinal issues... we know what it is, and the meds take care of it, but because she just turned 18, here pediatric doctor won't write prescriptions for her anymore... so tommorrow we're going to make a concerted effort to find her a new doctor.. thankfully we have Blue Cross Blue Shield thru GoDaddy, so it shouldnt' be too hard...

Amused has gastro-intestinal issues... we know what it is' date=' and the meds take care of it, but because she just turned 18, here pediatric doctor won't write prescriptions for her anymore... so tommorrow we're going to make a concerted effort to find her a new doctor.. thankfully we have Blue Cross Blue Shield thru GoDaddy, so it shouldnt' be too hard...[/quote'] Oh, I hope it works it. Wouldn't like to see a Amused not-amused.

(pun semi intentional, intent of post serious)

OddHat's poor Mom has had the flu about 3 weeks now. The doctor said it was Bronchitis and gave her an antibiotic, but I don't have faith in that Doctor. We took her some more homemade chicken soup today and a ton of chocolate. Not to eat, but to give away. I always end up buying much more than I eat.

Oh, I hope it works it. Wouldn't like to see a Amused not-amused.

(pun semi intentional, intent of post serious)

I'm sure it'll be fine... it'll just take a bit to find a doctor and get the precription renewed... fortunately she can survive without the meds for awhile, life is just easier with them..

• 3 weeks later...

Having to hang around the house while it's being worked on is just about equivalent to house arrest. I went through that with the apartment bathroom renovation three years ago. There's nothing relaxing about having filthy workers tromping in and out of your home making lots of noise and borrowing your tools because they don't seem to have any of their own.

Having to hang around the house while it's being worked on is just about equivalent to house arrest. I went through that with the apartment bathroom renovation three years ago. There's nothing relaxing about having filthy workers tromping in and out of your home making lots of noise and borrowing your tools because they don't seem to have any of their own.

Dang, that's already three years ago?

Yeah. Since then I bought a car' date=' had a kid, sold the apartment, and bought a house. Kid's 2.5 years old. Letting the days go by. Water flowing underground. Same as it ever was.[/quote']

Hmm. Since then I've sold a house, bought a car (trading in the old one), gotten married, and moved three times (once between states).

Wow.

Three moves? Wow! I barely survived the one.

And one of them was from Colorado to California. Then from Folsom to Concord. Then from Concord to Walnut Creek. I was only married for the last of them.

I must say: Interstate moves suck. All the others I'd done were either as a kid or before I had more stuff than would fit in a 77 Nova.